2024 Sonja Henie Trophy | Mar 8-10 | Golden Skate

2024 Sonja Henie Trophy | Mar 8-10

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Sonja Henie Trophy will take place March 8-10, 2024, in Oslo, Norway. The event will feature the Singles (Women and Men) discipline in the Novice, Junior and Senior categories, and will be conducted in accordance with the 2022 ISU Constitution and General Regulations, the ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating and relevant ISU Communications.

Last edited:
Country
Norway

Registrations are closing in 4 days but there is already 13 nations going! Would have hoped to see more countries outside Europe though.

Country
Norway
Are you going?
I really want to, but i´m probably not going this year because of my knee unless it magically improves in the next month. I can´t sit so many hours on a bus with small seats I would be in so much pain, and it wouldn´t be that much fun hopping around on crutches. Having my fingers crossed this will be a yearly event and for me to go later.

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I really want to, but i´m probably not going this year because of my knee unless it magically improves in the next month. I can´t sit so many hours on a bus with small seats I would be in so much pain, and it wouldn´t be that much fun hopping around on crutches. Having my fingers crossed this will be a yearly event and for me to go later.
:pray:

Country
Norway
He's going to Bavarian Open, but I hope he goes to this competition, too.
It´s almost a month apart so there is plenty of time. It will be 1,5-2 weeks before Worlds though, so some might find it too close. But the perfect chance to earn some last minute ranking points...

Country
Norway
Mias WD is most likely because she is going to both JWC and WC. This is the week after JWC. I was a bit worried about how she was going to manage jetlag after JWC, doing this competition and then going to WC a short time after dealing with another jet lag. So it´s a wise decision. It´a shame it´s so close to both events though because I´m sure she was really looking forward to this competition. However, this is probably the only time she will be doing both JWC and WC, and hopefully this competition will be arranged again.

I´m a little bit disappointed about the few entries in senior men, but ladies are not so bad. Also the lower categories are interesting and packed. Particular a lot of entries in junior ladies from different countries. I don´t know the story behind this, but it seems Hungarian Lena Ekker trains in Norway now.

Country
Norway
Who knows? Will the stream for this event be free or paid?
Good question. I have hopes it will be free. I checked the webpage and it says nothing about paid stream, but that link will be posted later. It could mean it´s not sorted out, or it could mean it will be free. Nationals this year had a free livestream, but I guess it will depend on if they require a certain type quality for the stream as a ISU competition, because in that case the stream they usually offer might not be good enough. But, I hope i´m wrong, and that it will be free stream with decent enough quality 🤞🤞I will give an update as soon as I know.

It has to be noted that due to Norwegian rules only the ISU-categories will be streamed. It has something to do with the age of participants. So from my understanding it will be streamed from Advanced Novice categories.

Btw, Lara Naki Gutmann has been added to the entries!

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Who knows? Will the stream for this event be free or paid?

I just had a look through the upcoming listings on SolidSport, and the only figure skating I can find in the coming week is this:

https://solidsport.com/nykopings-konstakningsforening

I'm not an expert on the Nordic languages, but that looks like Swedish to me rather than Norwegian.

So, it looks like the Sonja Henie Trophy and the Maria Olszewska Memorial aren't going to be on SolidSport. Of course, they could still be a pay stream somewhere else. But, it may be a good sign that they will be available for free.

CaroLiza_fan

TT_Fin

The second worst besserwisser in the world
Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I just had a look through the upcoming listings on SolidSport, and the only figure skating I can find in the coming week is this:

https://solidsport.com/nykopings-konstakningsforening

I'm not an expert on the Nordic languages, but that looks like Swedish to me rather than Norwegian.

So, it looks like the Sonja Henie Trophy and the Maria Olszewska Memorial aren't going to be on SolidSport. Of course, they could still be a pay stream somewhere else. But, it may be a good sign that they will be available for free.

CaroLiza_fan

Yes. It is Swedish and Nyköping is a town in Sweden.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Yes. It is Swedish and Nyköping is a town in Sweden.

Yeah, I had a feeling that was a place, because I'd heard of Lingköping. But, I didn't take the time to check.

The entries are updated again. Minja Peltonen is replaced by Emmi Peltonen! Anastasia Konga is out.

The Entry Lists were updated again on Saturday:

https://www.skoyteforbundet.no/cont...b37aa4e841e460/entries-sht-updated-mar.04.pdf

And I noticed that I have lost one of my two kids in Junior Ladies - Anna-Flora COLMOR JEPSEN (DEN) is gone. But in comes one of your countrywomen to replace her - Celin Beate ELLINGSEN (NOR).

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Yeah, I had a feeling that was a place, because I'd heard of Lingköping. But, I didn't take the time to check.

The Entry Lists were updated again on Saturday:

https://www.skoyteforbundet.no/cont...b37aa4e841e460/entries-sht-updated-mar.04.pdf

And I noticed that I have lost one of my two kids in Junior Ladies - Anna-Flora COLMOR JEPSEN (DEN) is gone. But in comes one of your countrywomen to replace her - Celin Beate ELLINGSEN (NOR).

CaroLiza_fan
Oh that´s a shame because I really like Anna-Flora. Speaking of her, I can´t remember seen her competing much this season, I hope it´s not injury related. I´m glad Celin got a chance, she is a interesting skater to watch, she might just have one triple jump but her presence on ice is nice.

Mia Risa Gomez was removed from the entries list a while ago, I did think it was too much to do this with both JWC and WC, and she is flying directly from Taipai to US/Montreal now, so I guess the main reason is that she was not even going home in between.

CaroLiza_fan

Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Oh that´s a shame because I really like Anna-Flora. Speaking of her, I can´t remember seen her competing much this season, I hope it´s not injury related.

After writing that, I found out that Anna-Flora is also on the Entry list for the Coupe du Printemps next week. So, she has maybe decided to go there instead.

Anna-Flora has had a nightmare of a season. As you say, we haven't seen much of her this season. And when we have, she has really struggled. I don't know what is going on. But, I hope things go much better next season.

I´m glad Celin got a chance, she is a interesting skater to watch, she might just have one triple jump but her presence on ice is nice.

When I saw Celin's first name, my first thought was "I wonder if she has Turkish heritage". And it reminded me of the time years ago when I thought that the Gjersem twins had Turkish heritage because of their surname and appearance. And when I asked on here, another Norwegain member who knew them thought this was hilarious, and told me Gjersem was a common Norwegian name, and that their Mum is Filipina.

Seems like I'm looking for Turks everywhere in Norway! :laugh:

I probably won't see any of this event, but I'll go looking for a video of her as I'm curious now to see what she is like.

Mia Risa Gomez was removed from the entries list a while ago, I did think it was too much to do this with both JWC and WC, and she is flying directly from Taipai to US/Montreal now, so I guess the main reason is that she was not even going home in between.

That is probably a wise decision. Sure, it would be nice to go home, but doing these big journeys can take it out of you. At least by going straight to North America from Taiwan, she will get a good amount of time to get over it before Senior Worlds. Hey, it might even mean she is in better shape than she was for Junior Worlds!

Plus, after she flies home, she can say that she has circumnavigated the world in the space of a month! ;) :biggrin:

That said, she might decide to take the opportunity to pop down to Mexico to visit relatives before going back to Norway.

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: