2024 World Junior Championships Where Are You Watching? | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Where Are You Watching?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Where Are You Watching?

Time in Taipei

1699272912037.png

The ISU channel is the only thing I know about at this time.
https://www.youtube.com/c/SkatingISU

Last edited:

zebobes

Final Flight
I’ll be attending in person as I live in Taipei! Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last competition like this for a long time, as China appears to be boycotting international competitions in Taiwan, and I doubt that the ISU would award any future competitions to Taiwan.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I’ll be attending in person as I live in Taipei! Sadly, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the last competition like this for a long time, as China appears to be boycotting international competitions in Taiwan, and I doubt that the ISU would award any future competitions to Taiwan.
And that saddens me as I have friends from Taipei. I will now keep my mouth shut about politics but I wish all the best for the people of Taiwan for a nice event. Peace and love to you.:pray: I will be watching. I am glad Taipei was chosen.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Waiting for Peacock tiles to load. Synchro tiles have appeared beginning February 21.. hopefully it will cover Junior Worlds as well

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I have been retired for 20 years.....what is free time? :unsure: Watching at night is the bomb...but if you are bothered by spoilers, its best to stay off social media....
Good suggestion!! Never thought of that..

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
Regarding Peacock.. I find it so odd if it does not stream Junior Worlds
They stream any number of international events and did Junior US Nationals and US Synchro Championships both junior and senior… iSU skating will do nicely

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Regarding Peacock.. I find it so odd if it does not stream Junior Worlds
They stream any number of international events and did Junior US Nationals and US Synchro Championships both junior and senior… iSU skating will do nicely
I don't find it odd, they've never streamed Junior Worlds before (and they don't stream the JGP either), so I wouldn't expect them to start now.

I know Japan has its own broadcasts for the JGP and Junior Worlds, but it is among the few countries that have licensed those particular competitions for local broadcasting.

elbkup

Medalist
Country
United-States
I don't find it odd, they've never streamed Junior Worlds before (and they don't stream the JGP either), so I wouldn't expect them to start now.

I know Japan has its own broadcasts for the JGP and Junior Worlds, but it is among the few countries that have licensed those particular competitions for local broadcasting.
Now you mention it what Junior events they did stream are from the US tho they did do the Youth Olympics.. :scratch2:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker

Right you are. I always look forward to the Jr. GP as Ted doesnt talk during the skates. If we didnt have ISU for the jr Worlds I would badger our wonderful Japanese members for channels and times. I am feeling bad karma the ISU will provide someone who is told their voice is more important than the performance. I will pray to my Goddess, Saraswati, for ISU wisdom. :pray:

La Rhumba

Supporting All British Skaters!
Medalist
Country
United-Kingdom
Glad to see the ISU channel already has the tiles for each event up and we can be notified. (For the avoidance of any doubt they are broadcasting it in full). As Taipei is 8 hours ahead of UK, the live timings are not conducive to getting sleep! Especially the discipline I'm most interested in Ice Dance, both the Rhythm Dance and Free Dance start at 4am! I will get up for those but may have to watch other events on Demand. (Please don't put adverts during programs ISU).

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Glad to see the ISU channel already has the tiles for each event up and we can be notified. (For the avoidance of any doubt they are broadcasting it in full). As Taipei is 8 hours ahead of UK, the live timings are not conducive to getting sleep! Especially the discipline I'm most interested in Ice Dance, both the Rhythm Dance and Free Dance start at 4am! I will get up for those but may have to watch other events on Demand. (Please don't put adverts during programs ISU).
I think I need MFarone to give me a lesson about ISU tiles...I am a subscriber to their channel so basically I rely on this forum to provide links to events. For instance, If its 16 hours after an event...say ladies short....then I go to ISU and all I get are spoilers, skaters in ranking order, some skaters left out, etc But if I go to the page on this form for ladies short, I get the link to the whole event.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I think I need MFarone to give me a lesson about ISU tiles...I am a subscriber to their channel so basically I rely on this forum to provide links to events. For instance, If its 16 hours after an event...say ladies short....then I go to ISU and all I get are spoilers, skaters in ranking order, some skaters left out, etc But if I go to the page on this form for ladies short, I get the link to the whole event.
Ha! I come here for the links because I can't figure out how to find them on the ISU stream without the spoilers and individual performances. After IceNetwork, NBC Gold, and now Peacock putting each event up on a separate tiles I am just lost on the ISU channel.

saine

Medalist
Country
Canada
There is a tab for the livestreams on their Youtube page, located at https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/streams. I usually go there once the stream links are available and save them to my Watch Later list so that I can find them later.