2024 World Junior Championships Where Are You Watching? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2024 World Junior Championships Where Are You Watching?

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
The ISU tiles are visible in the USA, so I put the appropriate tile in the OP for each of the competition threads!

:cheer:
OK, thanks Doris. I see the tiles now but perhaps they go away when the particular event is over? I then rely on your links.. anyway, do these tiles disappear when the events are over? I click on them and they say to notify me...

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
There is a tab for the livestreams on their Youtube page, located at https://www.youtube.com/@SkatingISU/streams. I usually go there once the stream links are available and save them to my Watch Later list so that I can find them later.
If I click on Live, I see them. If I click on vids, all I see is a bunch of disjointed vids. And fluff. So when I watch time shifted, I go to Doris's links and even though they are not live, the entire vid shows up. In order.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Glad to see the ISU channel already has the tiles for each event up and we can be notified. (For the avoidance of any doubt they are broadcasting it in full). As Taipei is 8 hours ahead of UK, the live timings are not conducive to getting sleep! Especially the discipline I'm most interested in Ice Dance, both the Rhythm Dance and Free Dance start at 4am! I will get up for those but may have to watch other events on Demand. (Please don't put adverts during programs ISU).

Ach, I forgot about the adverts being inserted when you watch the archived streamon demand. :mad:

I'm really torn over what to do.

The Formula 1 starts this weekend, and because the season begins with back-to-back races in Muslim countries, everything is happening a day earlier than normal, so that next week's race is over before Ramadan starts on the Sunday.

I probably would be able to watch the second sessions of the skating LIVE and delay the start of the F1. But, it is the first sessions of the skating that are the problem. I'm always wary of watching things out of sequence in case the commentators give away spoilers. And I am not sure I would be able to get the first sessions completely fitted in before the second sessions start.

Oh, I hate the way that the F1 season has been expanded so much since the Americans took over. There's far too many races now. It was not that many years ago that the drivers and teams were up in arms when Bernie Ecclestone wanted to have more than 18 races. Now it is 24 races! :drama: The season used to be middle to late-March to around Hallowe'en. And there weren't many back-to-back races. Now, it is the start of March to the middle of December, with lots of back-to-back races. It is becoming so hard for fans to find time to follow the full season as well as other things they may be interested in. But it is the drivers and the team personnel who I feel really sorry for. It is not fair on them, being away from their families for so much of the year. At least in figure skating, the skaters and their teams can pick and choose which events they take part in, and how many they do. The people in F1 don't have that luxury.

Like you, I am most interested in the Ice Dance this time, mainly because of Ashlie & Atl and Angelina & Ilia. So it is frustrating that both Ice Dance segments are the first sessions of the day. If I happen to be awake at the time it starts, I will get up and watch LIVE. But I won't be setting alarms or anything. If I miss the start, I'll just wind back and play catch-up when I do wake up. At least doing it that way will mean avoiding getting plagued with those infuriating adverts.

Really looking forward to seeing how the two partnerships I mentioned get on. Angelina and Ilia are really getting thrown in at the deep end, what with this being their season debut after Angelina's injury. And Ash and Atl are just so likable!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited: