Adelina Sotnikova Withdraws From 2014 Rostelecom Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not another ankle injury! What's up with all of them? I'll have to lend her some of Joshua's bubble-wrap.

But hopefully both of them will be recovered in time for NHK! :yes:

unico

Final Flight
Can't say I didn't see this coming, but hopefully she'll still be able to make it to NHK.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
I saw her at the 3rd stage of Russia cup something week ago, I LOLed so much at her overall skating quality, but she won of course :laugh:

Anyway, get well soon, hope she can win everything from now on as she said right after Olympic :biggrin:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Questionable withdrawal.

I think she didn't prepare for skating,

and Russian federation can't accept it because she must remain the Queen of Russia.

I don't think it's questionable. If she is injured she shouldn't risk her health for a GP event.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
I wanted to see the programs too, But i don't understand all the shock,
We knew she might be injured, And even before that, We knew her predicament this season,
She is possibly "playing" the same game V\T are playing, And Kwan, Plushenko and Kim "played" in the past.

I give Hanyu mad props for showing up as usual, And honestly, I could have predicted months ago that he will show up to the GP
And the Russian Olympic golds won't.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Kim "played" in the past.
What did Yuna play? She said straight up that she would not compete anything other than Worlds because she lost her motivated in 2011 season, didn't give any excuse for being "injured". She announced skip entire 2012 season and compete enough to blow away Worlds in 2013. In 2014 finally she injured and still good enough to win Olympic in a great part of people mind.

Unlike Sot "Since I win Olympic, I want to win everything from now on". What a huge motivated and yet didn't compete anything other than a low-level domestic comp :laugh:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I wanted to see the programs too, But i don't understand all the shock,
We knew she might be injured, And even before that, We knew her predicament this season,
She is possibly "playing" the same game V\T are playing, And Kwan, Plushenko and Kim "played" in the past.

I give Hanyu mad props for showing up as usual, And honestly, I could have predicted months ago that he will show up to the GP
And the Russian Olympic golds won't.

Hanyu said in an interview yesterday that motivation was never a problem.
-And I believe that if Adelina wasn't injured she'd be competing too.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
What did Yuna play? She said straight up that she would not compete anything other than Worlds because she lost her motivated in 2011 season, didn't give any excuse for being "injured". She announced skip entire 2012 season and compete enough to blow away Worlds in 2013. In 2014 finally she injured and still good enough to win Olympic in a great part of people mind.

Unlike Sot "Since I win Olympic, I want to win everything from now on". What a huge motivated and yet didn't compete anything other than a low-level domestic comp :laugh:

Children let's not got down this road. People are speculating.

starlight97

Final Flight
Of course that withdrawal is a feast for many people...

Well I do believe that she is indeed injured because she does not do herself any good by not competing, especially now.
Firstly because of the Sochi-thing and secondly because last year it was Her vs. Yulia mainly. This year Anna, Elena and Liza have caught up and no one will wait for her.
So she must be very unhappy about this and have a serious reason.
I was looking forward to seeing her skate!
Get well soon!

Alchamei

Record Breaker
Now to be honest, I'm not a fan of her but I'am worried how this situation will contunue. She received two GP assigments that weren't the best choise, Rosteleom cup and NHK. The countries that had no problems with Adelina winning the OG and to some people it seemed like a opportunity to win there more easily, or rather to receive better reaction.

For some people Adelina will be never the rightful winner but she tries to prove it. Am I still worried she might retire too soon? Just a bit, but I am. Because of big expectations, immense pressure, being the person who won something very questionable and winning the greatest title of all.

nguyenghita

On the Ice
Now to be honest, I'm not a fan of her but I'am worried how this situation will contunue. She received two GP assigments that weren't the best choise, COC and NHK. The countries that had no problems with Adelina winning the OG and to some people it seemed like a opportunity to win there more easily, or rather to receive better reaction.
Not COC but COR - Rostelecom Cup, so of course she will be received the best treatment, best reaction there :love:

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Obviously very disappointed.

Can you imagine what the reaction would have been for Adelina when she started off this season, her first as Olympic Champion, on home ice? The roof would have come off!

But, she has made a wise decision. None of us want to see her going ahead and skating regardless, and risk making her injury worse.

All the best with your recovery, Adelina. I look forward to seeing you back on the ice WHEN YOU ARE FULLY FIT!!!

CaroLiza_fan

iceberg

On the Ice
I still have my reservations. Skipping a season or 2 to perfect a program on a comeback is already familiar. But I hope I'm wrong and still wish her well.

Mangomango

On the Ice
Children let's not got down this road. People are speculating.

Hahahahaha :D

She talked about how she was still tired from Olympics (dear girl it's November) in the interview after her cometition. Frankly, it's disturbing from how they didn't officially upload her videos in the competition last week and how they released her protocols late to her skipping competitions.
Tarasova was talking about how Adelina has improved in her expression and stuff and how she's capable of another gold to join Witt in the legendary hall of fame but well... :D

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
So, GPF is now probably:

Radionova
Pogorilaya
Tuktamyesheva
Lipnitskaia
Wagner
Miyahara

NHK will be very interesting. Any one of Miyahara, Murakami, Gold, and Edmunds can make the GPF depending on how that competition shakes up. If Sotnikova withdraws from NHK or is still not in good working shape there, then two of those ladies could make it!

I hope Ashley Wagner is the sole American woman to make it. Would be lovely to see her with that momentum heading into Nationals (but come ON gurl, listen to me and fix that SP).

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
So, GPF is now probably:

Radionova
Pogorilaya
Tuktamyesheva
Lipnitskaia
Wagner
Miyahara

NHK will be very interesting. Any one of Miyahara, Murakami, Gold, and Edmunds can make the GPF depending on how that competition shakes up. If Sotnikova withdraws from NHK or is still not in good working shape there, then two of those ladies could make it!

I hope Ashley Wagner is the sole American woman to make it. Would be lovely to see her with that momentum heading into Nationals (but come ON gurl, listen to me and fix that SP).

Love this guy :cool:

begin

Medalist
Disappointed for Sot, but wish her a speedy recovery. Tbh I don't know what's worse--her retiring altogether or her going out to prove herself (just the buttload of hate that would follow every Youtube video and forum thread makes me want to close my browser).

uhh

Medalist
I have to say I'm not surprised AT ALL about this news... :rolleye:

For god's sake. Russian press is reporting her foot is in plaster, the injury came at the end of a training session when she was doing good run throughs, she looked in good shape at the Russian Cup. For people to act like she's faking, or too scared or anything like that is ridiculous and indicative only of your own petty mindedness and childishness. You can see from what she's posting on her social media accounts that it's a genuine injury and she's very upset at the thought that it could keep her out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.