2024 CS Cranberry Cup International: Info and pre-game chat | Golden Skate

2024 CS Cranberry Cup International: Info and pre-game chat

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The 2024 Cranberry Cup International is the first of 11 events of the 2024-25 Figure Skating Challenger Series and is scheduled to take place in Norwood, MA, USA, August 8-11, 2024.

The event will feature the singles disciple (Men and Women) and will be conducted in accordance with the ISU Constitution and General Regulations, ISU Special Regulations & Technical Rules for Single & Pair Skating, and relevant ISU Communications.

The event will count towards ISU World Standing Points, Minimum Total Technical Score, Challenger Series in Figure Skating Ranking and Prize Money.

The Challenger Series is an International Figure Skating Series, introduced during the 2014-15 season. The series gives adequate opportunities for many skaters to compete at the international senior level and earn World Standing Points. The Series also increases the opportunity for Officials to officiate at an international level.
Note: No streaming due to U.S. Figure Skating video policy.

Ivana

Final Flight
I'd be actually surprised if there are many good skaters on the list as it'll be still very early in the season. Why should one waste one of their challengers for a competition they may not be ready for? I'd be happily proven wrong though.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
I'd be actually surprised if there are many good skaters on the list as it'll be still very early in the season. Why should one waste one of their challengers for a competition they may not be ready for? I'd be happily proven wrong though.
i wonder why they made a challenger so early in the season btw knowing all of the above

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
we need them! there're people who need them for the prediction game here!
And some of us would like to join the prediction game too! But can't, because of the teeny little problem that is pairs and dance, that some of us don't follow.;):ROFLMAO:

I hope there is a LOT of American girls and boys in there. In Challengers there is no limit for how many skaters you can enter.
Last years Cranberry had a lot of American entries. Come on US! This is your chance for your skaters to get a good score and get on the SB list prior to the Olympic season!

Jimmy Ma and Lindsay Thorngren had their best scores at Cranberry last year.

Last edited:

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And some of us would like to join the prediction game too! But can't, because of the teeny little problem that is pairs and dance, that some of us don't follow.;):ROFLMAO:

I hope there is a LOT of American girls and boys in there. In Challengers there is no limit for how many skaters you can enter.
Last years Cranberry had a lot of American entries. Come on US! This is your chance for your skaters to get a good score and get on the SB list prior to the Olympic season!

You can do the prediction game. It's fun.

And I hope Maxim and Andrew are there too.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States

I actually skated with Jimmy yesterday! No mention of him doing Cranberry but I believe SCOB is his club so I would think he would want to skate on club ice.

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Entries are out - 14 men from 7 countries and 21 women from 10 countries.

Among the men, there's Roman, Luc Economides, Mark Gorodnitsky, Hyungyeom Kim and a lot of the American men - Lucas, Tomoki, Liam, Jimmy, Yaroslav, Camden, Andrew and Michael Xie.

The women's field includes Madeline Schizas, Eliska Brezinova, Mariia Seniuk, Ahsun Yun, and a lot of Americans as well - Starr, Sarah Everhardt, Sonja Hilmer, Isabeau, Elyce Lin-Grcey, Clare Seo and Lindsay.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
No I can't. You have to do them all, and I know nothing about pairs and dance.
You don't need to - Skating Scores puts up pre-views with personal bests/seasons bests and you could just pick the top 5 for example. Or you just pick teams at random. Or see who others are picking and chose those teams too.

Especially in early season competitions, you probably have the same chance of success seriously picking skaters or just making a wild guess 😂

Ivana

Final Flight
i wonder why they made a challenger so early in the season btw knowing all of the above
I don't think we will ever know for sure what led to this decision. The only plausible theory I can come up with is that neither USFS nor SC were willing to organize dedicated challenger this season and combining Cranberry Cup and John Nicks Pair Challenge was the only possibility to have challenger in North America.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I don't think we will ever know for sure what led to this decision. The only plausible theory I can come up with is that neither USFS nor SC were willing to organize dedicated challenger this season and combining Cranberry Cup and John Nicks Pair Challenge was the only possibility to have challenger in North America.
nothing to do with SC. They hosted ACI last year. It's USFS's turn to host. They alternate

Ivana

Final Flight
nothing to do with SC. They hosted ACI last year. It's USFS's turn to host. They alternate
I'd like to believe they were at least asked to host and refused before this ridiculous combination of NA competitions was agreed on...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'd like to believe they were at least asked to host and refused before this ridiculous combination of NA competitions was agreed on...
There has only been one North American Challenger in as long as I remember (not that many years as I wasn't really following challengers until maybe 10 years ago). Every other year, I go to ACI (when it's not too far for me). I wish it were every year but it has never been the case. This year, it's USA's turn to host... the fact that they split it into two events, and on top of that, super early events, is mind boggling, but that's USFS's entire decision. Skate Canada has nothing to do with how USFS will run its challenger event, and I guess the ISU was satisfied with the plan proposed.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No I can't. You have to do them all, and I know nothing about pairs and dance.

I know zippo about the ladies. That doesn't stop me from selecting in the prediction games, and I don't look at scores, I just make SWAGs.

And sometimes I win gold there, instead of the men that I supposedly follow:laugh:. Even late in the GP season.

So please don't let that stop you!