On the Ice
So, GPF is now probably:

Radionova
Pogorilaya
Tuktamyesheva
Lipnitskaia
Wagner
Miyahara

NHK will be very interesting. Any one of Miyahara, Murakami, Gold, and Edmunds can make the GPF depending on how that competition shakes up. If Sotnikova withdraws from NHK or is still not in good working shape there, then two of those ladies could make it!

I hope Ashley Wagner is the sole American woman to make it. Would be lovely to see her with that momentum heading into Nationals (but come ON gurl, listen to me and fix that SP).

Well said, especially Ashley part.:cool:

volk

Final Flight
I think the problem is much more serious. My best guess for her next competition is Russian Nationals. But I won't be surprised if she skips entire season.

STB

Match Penalty
What did Yuna play? She said straight up that she would not compete anything other than Worlds because she lost her motivated in 2011 season, didn't give any excuse for being "injured". She announced skip entire 2012 season and compete enough to blow away Worlds in 2013. In 2014 finally she injured and still good enough to win Olympic in a great part of people mind.
Yuna didn't compete in GP in 2014, she said she was injuried. I didn't know that Yuna was the ony one who could be injured. :)

ann918

Rinkside
I think the issue here is that adelina had a lot to prove in the eyes of the public and the situation seems to fit in with the theories of those wisphering conspiracies right after the Olympics. She could truly be injured, but then again she DOES have reasons to withdraw, and considering the fishy video uploading and protocol releases adelina does seem to have a lot of weird circumstances around her. I don't think people are crazy to talk about fake injuries.

zamboni step

Final Flight
Yuna didn't compete in GP in 2014, she said she was injuried. I didn't know that Yuna was the ony one who could be injured. :)

:thumbsup: Thank you, some people seem to think Sotnikova should be competing even if she only has one skate and has broken her leg or something... :rolleye:

Meoima

Match Penalty
I have no problem if Adelina wants to stay out of GP, for whatever reason I don't mind.

I hope my favourite should do the same. :cry:
Still so sad that Yuzuru and Yulia decided to compete in GP series with not enough preparation (with Yuzuru it's his back injury, with Yulia it's her late long program)

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
:thumbsup: Thank you, some people seem to think Sotnikova should be competing even if she only has one skate and has broken her leg or something... :rolleye:

No they don't, They're just calling the play for what it is (If it indeed is),
It's not like she's inventing the wheel with this (If that is what's happening)

It's logical to make political moves in such a political sport, Us speculating this stuff shouldn't offend you guys so much.

zamboni step

Final Flight

It's logical to make political moves in such a political sport, Us speculating this stuff shouldn't offend you guys so much.

If you look through the chain of comments, you'll see that I was agreeing with you. It was in relation to your comment that Kim "Played" in the past. I wasn't assuming Adelina was injured or saying that it's wrong to speculate it was a political move. I was just saying that some people seem to think that their least favourites are incapable of being stricken by any form of misfortune. I agree it seems suspicious, but I don't agree with how one of the users on this thread was saying it.

Mafke

Medalist
FS is an extremely political sport (nowhere more so than in Russia) so political speculation is fine.

I wish her well and believe this is a real injury but I suspect that she's never going to return to eligible competition (apart from what she might want the federation has too much to lose, to little to gain). She got her big win before building up the requisite international cred so I suspect that whatever she wants she's going to end up doing shows in Russia so that hungrier, healthier, younger skaters can get more international medals.

cooper

Medalist

and yet there were some doubts about her injury not only on this forum but other forums.. by calling her out while saying she's faking her injury and that yuna was avoiding competition in an olympic season.. imagine that.. :rolleye:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Get well, Adelina. Hope to see you at Nationals! (Seriously, reports of her still struggling from an old injury have been floating around for a while. It's not a stretch to think her training could've exacerbated it).

But what advantage is there in this so-called "play"? This "game" hasn't helped any of those people you named.

Kwan sitting out the GP meant she didn't learn the in's and out's to COP, which didn't help her any in 2005 Worlds. And she had to pull out of Torino anyway, it wasn't even enough to save her body until the next Olympics.

Plushenko functionally retired after 2006. I don't think he was even training the difficult triples anymore. Not a particular helpful or calculated move, and he had next to no momentum going into Vancouver.

Kim had achieved all she wanted and never seemed like a person who enjoyed competition for its own sake. Therefore, there's no reason for her to compete full seasons in the GP. Too bad, because her lack of competition certainly didn't help her marks in Sochi.

What advantage could there be for a young, perfectly healthy Adelina to skip competitions, skip the experience, skip the momentum, and go into a super-competitive Nationals less-prepared?

sirota

Rinkside
Crazy people among sport's fans are everywhere, and Russia isn't exception. All these alligations in fake injury came from Julia fans, most of them are teenagers who don't recognise responsibilities for their words. Don't take them seriously.

katmari

Final Flight
Country
United-States
According to this 11/9/14 article by Nick Zaccardi, Adelina has a torn ankle ligament.

Sotnikova’s injured leg is in plaster, and she will have to wear a cast for three weeks, according to R-Sport.

Vanshilar

On the Ice
Does anyone know if it's Adelina's left or right ankle? I've twisted my right ankle multiple times in the past (not skating-related) and am always worried about it when I do jumps, since it's my landing foot. I can only imagine how it can psychologically affect someone who does multi-rotation jumps. Good thing she has enough height that she usually doesn't under-rotate, but still...that's a lot of force for the ankle to absorb.

Mista Ekko

Record Breaker
If you look through the chain of comments, you'll see that I was agreeing with you. It was in relation to your comment that Kim "Played" in the past. I wasn't assuming Adelina was injured or saying that it's wrong to speculate it was a political move. I was just saying that some people seem to think that their least favourites are incapable of being stricken by any form of misfortune. I agree it seems suspicious, but I don't agree with how one of the users on this thread was saying it.

So noted ;)

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
According to this 11/9/14 article by Nick Zaccardi, Adelina has a torn ankle ligament.

Sotnikova’s injured leg is in plaster, and she will have to wear a cast for three weeks, according to R-Sport.

That's a pretty serious injury. I'm sorry Adelina can't compete and I wish her a full recovery.

figureskateobasan

On the Ice
Regardless of any speculation. It is very rare for skater who just won a OGM to compete in the next GP season. They might trained too hard before the Olympics or they might just want to show people that they are worth to medal which maybe makes their body reaches the limits and start getting injury here and there. I won't take her injury lightly. It is the right choice to withdraw for some rests. Hope she could recover ASAP.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
I hope she takes the time she needs to heal up and that she doesn't rush back to competition. There's not much point in doing that this season. At her best, Adelina can still win Russian nationals; what she doesn't want to do is rush back, have poor performances and hurt her positioning by finishing out of the top 3. There had been several mentions of an ankle injury towards the end of the summer so, to me at least, this doesn't seem like a ploy to "save face" or cover up that she's not ready.

I wish her a speedy recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.