Adelina Sotnikova | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Adelina Sotnikova

adelia

Record Breaker
So Adelina is going to test out a new more difficult jump layout in preparations for Nationals. I wonder what the changes will be? I don't like surprises :sarcasm: Please no 3lz/3lo :hopelessness:
On the bright side, Buyanova is healthy enough to be giving interviews now.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Good luck Adelina!! :cheer:

And I actually want the 3Lz3Lo back... me loves 3-3Lo's... I'm like the anti-Tech panel in that case :slink:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well most of it has to do with her jumps. Normally she gets about 10+pts for her combo, she got 4+pts here. No points on the flip about another 6 points and a level 3 spin too. So thats a lot to leave on the table plus 2 to 3 points lower PCS. If she had nailed everything she would have been closed to Liza.

I just hope tomorrow she can improve on what she has been doing in the LP.

dna5019

Final Flight
Definitely not her best performance. :no: *sigh* Well, hopefully she'll come back strong for the FS tomorrow.

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
Well most of it has to do with her jumps. Normally she gets about 10+pts for her combo, she got 4+pts here. No points on the flip about another 6 points and a level 3 spin too. So thats a lot to leave on the table plus 2 to 3 points lower PCS. If she had nailed everything she would have been closed to Liza.

I just hope tomorrow she can improve on what she has been doing in the LP.

Yeah, I think the errors ultimately impacted the PCS.

Curious to know how much more difficult the FS layout could get from what she attempted at Rostelecom -- she popped the second 3F, so who knows she she'd planned a 3F-2T-2Lo, otherwise it was an exact replica of what she put down in Sochi.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sometimes not going so high on your first jump in combination and instead going fast and long can be a big help with getting your second jump in combination ratified. Adelina is putting too much effort into launching that first jump high IMO and it's making it hard for her to get that second jump off clean. I really want to like this SP but I still think it's a tad too much dancing with the stars for my blood. Instead of so much focus on her upper body I wish there would be a bit more focus on her feet. Her skating skills are amongst the best out there IMO.

I'm curious as to how she'll do in the FS but I have a feeling she'll do fine and get a silver out of this event. :yes:

adelia

Record Breaker
I wonder honestly if this is how she's more likely to be scored outside Russia?
You can't tell unless she's clean/near clean. In theory PCS is not supposed to be directly linked to TES but we all know that in reality it is linked.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, I think the errors ultimately impacted the PCS.

Curious to know how much more difficult the FS layout could get from what she attempted at Rostelecom -- she popped the second 3F, so who knows she she'd planned a 3F-2T-2Lo, otherwise it was an exact replica of what she put down in Sochi.

She actually didn't plan any 3/3 or 3 jump combos at Rostelecom. Her planned jumps were 3lz/2t, 2a/3t, 3f/2t. Guess she decided to go for a 3lz/3t at the last moment but obviously it's not ready.

I guess they will go to her Sochi layout by adding a 3f/2t/2lo on top of her 3lz/3t. Just please no 3lz/3lo.

ovafanboy1

On the Ice
She actually didn't plan any 3/3 or 3 jump combos at Rostelecom. Her planned jumps were 3lz/2t, 2a/3t, 3f/2t. Guess she decided to go for a 3lz/3t at the last moment but obviously it's not ready.

I guess they will go to her Sochi layout by adding a 3f/2t/2lo on top of her 3lz/3t. Just please no 3lz/3lo.

At the height of her jumping capabilities, I wouldn't mind her trying a 3F-3Lo. Right now, rotations still seem like an issue; maybe a triple-half loop-triple(?) and a cascade for now. Still, it's admirable to see her trying to push herself at this stage of her career.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I'm starting to feel a little superstitious about her LP music. Just take a look at the translation

http://lyricstranslate.com/en/Je-suis-malade-Im-sick.html

It perfectly describes her post Olympic career. Next season Adelina should skate to "We Are The Champions!":laugh:

I still love this program for her really, though. It is so well choreographed and preformed... the jumps are the only thing bringing it down.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I hope she will be ready to the Rus Nat. I dont want to see too many smiles of her haters.

Tallorder

On the Ice
Her mindset seems to be stronger than anyone would expect. Nobody can ever take away what she has accomplished. Hope she skates with confidence and joy at Nationals, then ... the chips will fall where they may amongst such a intensely deep and talented field.