Alban Preaubert | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alban Preaubert

Too bad, MM you don't like variety. Some of us are just not conformists.:)

Ray Bolger was an excellent dancer beyond Oz.

Joe

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Glad to see the Ray Bolger example is agreed on. The reason it occurred was the scarecrow but if you have ever seen the out-take of his dance in the Wiz o' Oz, the SSQ Alban did reminded me of that so much. More so then what Nancy and Kurt did in the Halloween spc. Kurt seems to have more control even when he is trying not to - compared to Alban who may have been trying to look in control but did not appear to be as much. And I don't think either one is "bad" from a spectators POV but the Judges might be looking for something else in comp, and if Alban does, he likely will rise.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe, I said I do like it. Ray Bolger rocks! So does Lysacek!
I still stand by my comment that Lysacek movements annoys me!! If I had to choose, it would be Alban antics over Evan.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Well I thought for those who have and haven't seen Ray's number in Wiz'o Oz that was clipped from the original movie (not found until the 70s) I would let you compare.
ZShare
http://www.zshare.net/download/rayscutdanceoz-divx.html
YouSendIt
http://download.yousendit.com/F59EA1BD3AF47C7B

If it is to big and you want to see it I can make it smaller if you like (today is crafts day) so let me know and I will shrink it in file size if necessary.

After seeing it again I would say Kurt did a fairly good job (considering the skating aspect especially) and Evan "looks" more like a scarecrow then Alban but Alban skating does have that "out of control style" that I believe Kurt was referring to in the SA comments.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I still stand by my comment that Lysacek movements annoys me!! If I had to choose, it would be Alban antics over Evan.

Dee

Ditto. Lysacek creeps me out at times, because he trys to look emotional, but it just looks so forced and fake. IMO You all are welcome to like him as much you want. :)

Not trying to defend Lysacek but I really believe most competitors not only fake their facial expressions, but they actually use the wrong facial expression while faking.
If one is doing a tango, one should not have the facial expression of ANGER. The Tango is a dance of seduction. Fake it like you want this woman tonight and she should fake it like I've not decided yet.

Joe

Actually, Evan looks kind of wasted in that pic. Like maybe it's an "after" instead of a "before."

Joe, that's a nice point about emoting and facial expressions. All performing artists are called upon to present fake angst, passion, whatever. It's their job. We are asking a lot if we require these athletes to do it convincingly in the middle of a triple Axel.

What's cool about Michelle is that even when she puts on a serious "game face," or tries to get in character, still, once she gets going the real Michelle comes bubbling up -- "I'm just tickled to death to be out here showing off what I can do!"

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My cousin who was a dancer for many years said if you can't look seductive look hungry!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

Ps Evan arm flailing and movements still annoy me.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I know acting is faking it. But the way Evan fakes it, like when he putting his hands on his stomach, just looks wrong. That's just the way I feel about it. You don't have to dislike it, but I don't have to like it. :)

My cousin who was a dancer for many years said if you can't look seductive look hungry!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You know Dee, I think that would work. Do you remember the movie Tom Jones and that hilarious eating scene? Hunger and you know what are cravings.

Joe