Alexander Petrov | Page 176 | Golden Skate

Alexander Petrov

adelia

Record Breaker
Sasha is in Tartu for the winter camp. There was a gala today and he skated his SP it seems. The camp ends on the 17th.

adelia

Record Breaker
Is he OK? How is his injury? Have you information about that?
He can skate but I'm not sure how much jumping he can do or is doing. It doesn't seem to be career threatening.

My advice to his coaching team would be to help him do more work in the gym and monitor his nutrition. Do weights training to build muscle mass because he is so thin at the moment, and has been for the last 18 months.

LRK

Record Breaker
Thank you so much for the update! Glad that he is still skating - I hope they don't have him do too much jumping just now, since I suppose the season has ended for him, and it would be better to treat the injury and not push himself when there is no need.

adelia

Record Breaker
Let's remember this classic, beautiful moment again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuiQRpP7gjs

There isn't really much going on for Sasha skating wise. And honestly, I don't see the need for him to participate in any more competitions this season. Althought it is possible that Mishin might register him for SOMETHING (if he hasn't already) before the season truly ends.

The past 2 years (since post-Euros 2016) for Sasha has really been a case of "wasted potential". Is it all too late? No it's not. But he can't go on doing the same old, same old in the weeks and months to come.

Therefore, I am going to be very direct and say this now. Sasha only has two options if he is to progress in any significant manner from the situation that he is in:

1. Mishin completely overhauls his coaching approach (this includes things like scheduling, being more involved in his student's physical well-being, paying more attention to non-jumping elements, better programs etc)
OR
2. Sasha changes coaches.

This is my conclusion. And this has been my conclusion for the past 22 months. Do it now, or forever regret what could have been.

This skater is very dear to me. So I say these now, in the hope that he may do something proactive to change his current predicament. Deep down inside though, I know pretty well that he won't take any action. But Sasha, surprise us for once.

LRK

Record Breaker
Agreed.

I hope they take it easy for the rest of this season, and concentrate on getting Sasha back to health & physical strength again. This season has been such a terrible mess, right from the beginning.

I would like to see an interview with Sasha about what has been going on with him, but I don't expect it.

adelia

Record Breaker
They have THREE summer camps scheduled this year btw.

So I doubt Mishin has thought of changing his aproach to scheduling.

Flyflybutterfly

Rinkside
Hello, hello!

New in this thread. Soooo long without news about Alexander but I've found something!!!!:agree2:

He has attended Mishin Anniversary event ( sorry if it is not correct i have problems to translate from Russian)

No idea how he skated but I hope he is in good shape. I'm really happy to see him (smiling) again. Hope he has recovered from his injury and we could enjoy new programmes next season. I miss him.

https://vk.com/photo-64888695_456280486

LRK

Record Breaker
Hello, hello!

New in this thread. Soooo long without news about Alexander but I've found something!!!!:agree2:

He has attended Mishin Anniversary event ( sorry if it is not correct i have problems to translate from Russian)

No idea how he skated but I hope he is in good shape. I'm really happy to see him (smiling) again. Hope he has recovered from his injury and we could enjoy new programmes next season. I miss him.

https://vk.com/photo-64888695_456280486

What a great photo - so lovely to see him looking so happy.:)

Thank you so much for posting, and welcome to the thread. Let's hope that next season will be a good one for Sasha, and give him - and us - much to smile about.:)

Flyflybutterfly

Rinkside
What a great photo - so lovely to see him looking so happy.:)

Thank you so much for posting, and welcome to the thread. Let's hope that next season will be a good one for Sasha, and give him - and us - much to smile about.:)

You're welcome, and thank you to you. Yes, I hope we ca enjoy. It's difficult to get informationa about Alexander so I hope I can get a lot here. :clap:

See you.

Flyflybutterfly

Rinkside

adelia

Record Breaker
Hello,

Thanks for sharing!!!!

I'm glad to see hi is recovering fitness. I really want to see him skating safe and nice next season so, I shall keep my fingers crossed.
He was skating at an average of 9-10 competitions a season before he got injured last year so the injury was his body's way of telling him (and Mishin) that enough was enough. A long rest was due. Hopefully they will be more sensible with his schedule next season.