Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Alexandra Stepanova & Ivan Bukin

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
Loved S/B today! The SD was much improved from the last competition.Glad they changed the end of the programme as I mentioned above.Alexandra's dress was gorgeous.Really looking forward to their FD tomorrow.

lucyagogo

On the Ice
I've always loved these two, both their SP and FD for this season are simply gorgeous (and I love her long lines and her dresses are to die for) but can someone please edit well their music... I'm sorry but those mixes are so terrible, they deserve better. Ok, the FD is not that bad but still what's up with that voiceover.... :palmf: they desperately need better music.

musicfan80

Medalist
I greatly enjoyed Alexandra and Ivan's SD and FD this weekend! I can tell that they will improve from last season! :yes: It's a good sign that they won bronze here - especially considering that Gilles/Poirier were ahead of them at last worlds.

Constructive criticism: S/B really need to work on their speed across the ice - it was really obvious during their SD, even though I think it was overall executed very well.

musicfan80

Medalist
They were so good at Europeans! I like both top Russian ice dance teams, but I feel that S/B have so much promise going into the next Olympic quad! :yes:

lucyagogo

On the Ice
I knew they would do wonderful programs at Europeans, cannot wait until Olympics. I was rooting for them since the first time I saw them, and they're definitely my favorite Russian Ice Dance team.

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
Yes they are my favourite Russian ice dance team too, I am glad they will have the pyeongchang Olympic experience, I am sure it will teach them a lot, I am rooting for them too, to be medal contenders in Beijing

Mattieu

Medalist
I have high hopes for them after Euros.
I feel that they will be in the top 8 in the Olympics
Then at worlds when maybe some of the top 8 don't go, I think B/S and S/B will easily win back the 3 spots for Russia!

russianskating4ever

On the Ice
BREAKING NEWS

Ksenia has been banned by the bloody IOC from the Olympics!

https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1059520771.html

That's the Google translate version of the article:
"Stolbova and Bukin are not admitted to Pyeongchang-2018
Tags team of Russia dancing on Ice Pyeongchang-2018 couples Ksenia Stolbova Fedor Klimov Alexandra Stepanova Ivan Bukin
Russian figure skaters Ksenia Stolbova and Ivan Bukin are not allowed by the IOC to Phenchhnau-2018.
Stolbova is paired with Fedor Klimov, Bukin - with Alexandra Stepanova.

"The IOC did not allow the sportsmen of the main team of the Russian team in figure skating Stolbov Ksenia and Bukin Ivan to participate in the Games-2018 without explaining the reasons.
This unsubstantiated and absurd decision once again demonstrates the inconsistency of the IOC's statements denying the external influence on its decisions, as well as violates all the fundamental norms set forth in the Olympic Charter, in particular rejection of discrimination, respect for the principles of solidarity and fair play.
The Federation of figure skating in Russia is deeply outraged by the groundless decision of the IOC, reminiscent of a provocation aimed at forcing Russian athletes to abandon participation in the Games by any means. We intend to immediately begin the struggle to restore a fair attitude to Russian skaters and defend the honor and dignity of our athletes in all possible ways, "the FFKR said.
Stolbova and Klimov became champions of Sochi-2014 in team competitions and silver medalists in personal competitions. Stepanova and Bukin in Sochi-2014 did not perform.
At the European Championship-2018 Stolbova and Klimov became the second, Stepanova and Bukin - the third.