Alexei Yagudin | Page 21 | Golden Skate

Alexei Yagudin

iexela

Rinkside
I'd really love to know whether he's going to continue or not because he should be a headliner of "The Nutcracker" in Prague 7 Dec 2019 (at 2 pm and 6 pm)!

iexela

Rinkside
To be fair he is getting on a bit now bless him ( we are the same age so I can say this haha) and of the other professionals skating in the shows ( correct me if I a wrong) he’s pretty much the only single skater and the only one still knocking out triples ( although even these have been doubles at times).

Well, I don't think he is so old that he would already have to stop, e.g. Kurt Browning skated in shows for a much longer time. Personally, I don't mind Alexei jumping only doubles instead of triples so much if he can still do the other things (footwork, artistry etc.). It's up to him, how he's feeling but I'll terribly miss him on the ice when he stops (whenever that is):cry:
Anyway, I hope he lets his fans know in advance when he decides so. Maybe he won't be a "full-time" member of Averbukh's shows, he'll only participate in a few ones which I'm not sure whether it'll be so much better for him and his health problems, I might be wrong but he sometimes seems to skate a bit worse after a break, shows appear to keep him in shape? Who knows, we'll see.

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Oh, don't cry, dear Iexela! Anyway.
Maybe the situation will become a bit more clear later. As for Prague, it is also said: "Totmianina, Marinin" - it means Tatiana should start skating again. She says she wants to skate.
Though maybe they hope to make it almost without advertisement again - as they are used to...

the mind boggles why the ice show takes place in the week of the Worlds, esp. now when Russia has some medal contenders :confused:

As far as I remember, they had shows in some cities even when the Olympics took place in Sochi.

iexela

Rinkside
As for The Nutcracker in Prague, Yagudin is presented as its headliner, newspapers even quote Averbukh describing Alexei as "a born Mouse (Rat) King, slightly grotesque, provokative..." The only other names mentioned are Totmianina, Marinin. The organizer of the show is the same as in Prague last year - before that show they were even talking about their plans to bring some of Averbukh's "bigger" show to Prague in the future. It would never have occurred to me it would be The Nutcracker, I expected Romeo&Juliet or Carmen although it might be a bit tough for R&J as there was Czech R&J 16 years ago and people could "compare".

Anyway, I wish Yagudin all the best whatever decision on his skating he makes, may he do what brings him joy:)! And yet, I really hope he makes it to Sabovcik's show in November as well as to The Nutcracker in December:pray:

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
You know, I can't say I like this video. Yet... I do like, that so many people are happy to see it, that so many people write something like: "That's right! One can go mad because of being too serious!" Even if he is partly wrong... I really like he makes people happy.

alexei.yagudin: 39 year old crackpot!!! How can I grow up at last??? :palmf: :laugh: though......, actually I think why should I grow up? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwpV9ZlBINf/

I was really happy to see Tarasova's comment:

t.a.tarasova: Preserve your tongue, you may need it ))))))
[email protected]: your word is law!!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

(I didn't expect Tarasova even comments in instagram)

when he does something like this, people also repeat Tarasova's words: "there is nothing Lyosha can't do"

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Alexei isn't going to skate "Carmen" in Sochi, but he will skate "Romeo and Juliet" together with Totmianina and Marinin in Yalta (Crimea): from July 18 to September 29. Soloviev is going to be Tybalt, Bobrova will have Domnina's role (The Plague).
https://www.eg.ru/culture/745036-tatyana-totmyanina-i-maksim-marinin-vystupyat-v-krymu/

Averbukh "hopes", that Yagudin will be able to participate in the "Carmen" show in Germany.
(Berlin and maybe Dortmund) - in autumn, I guess
https://okolo.me/2019/06/press-konferentsiya-shou-karmen/

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
The Denis Ten monument was opened in Almaty
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzAqS86hcJg/

In the comments Alexei is asked about the show in Denis Ten's memory (July 20):

readers: Alexei, are you going to skate in the show in Denis' memory?

alexei.yagudin: I wasn't invited

readers: Alexei, why don't you say, that you have the first show in Crimea on July 18, that you are busy?! This information was passed along to the organizers, when you were spoken of

alexei.yagudin: yes, I'm busy! But I WASN'T invited!

readers: I guess they will invite, it is not too late, it's going to be on July 20

readers: if they invite, will you come?

alexei.yagudin: I'll try, of course! I was invited to Denis' show in November! But nothing definite was said to me!

readers: I guess Alexei's agent gave a negative answer without letting him know... it's a pity...

alexei.yagudin: I have no such an agent who gives answers without letting me know

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
tatianatotmyanina: Love my husband @alexei.yagudin and Petersburg!!! :luv17:

alexei.yagudin: Love my wife @tatianatotmyanina and Moscow

tatianatotmyanina@alexei.yagudin: this is the way we live, in perfect mutual understanding :love:

somebody: And we love you and Kiev

somebody: And I love all your family and Khabarovsk!

https://www.instagram.com/p/By5FUPKAov-/