Alexei Yagudin | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Alexei Yagudin

noeleyle

On the Ice
New performance at Ice Age. Alexei skates with Mariam Merabova singing her "Confession of An Artist".
Two good shoots:

It's a beautiful number. Wonderful to see Alexei-the-host kisses his girls before going on the ice, takes off his coat, his bow tie, his microphone, unbuttons his shirt, and turns into Alexei-the-skater, all right in front of the camera and the audience. At the end of the program he took off his skates and went on ice on bare feet and knelt down -- I guess it came from R&J. It's just so pure, true, and honest. I love it.

The song is amazingly beautiful. Here are some Google-translation of the lyrics, which suits Yags pretty well:

Close the curtain. Make-up eats away at the skin.
The luxurious suit is ugly tight,
And in tight shoes from happy songs
Even more painful for my aching legs.
Close the curtain: the strength is gone
Spinning squirrel
in theatrical performance -
Blind affliction of autumnal villainy
I bit my throat with an acute pain!

Close the curtain! Throw in the final!
Damn you, my job!
But God forbid that this trickle of sweat
I saw a cheerful hall on my face.

God give me, God give me
Hold on to a heavy sigh
Prompt me soon, prompter, a smile ..
The scream is dry in my throat,
But God forbid to play
Until the end of my first violin!

noeleyle

On the Ice
Somebody just turned 41 today)))

@tatianatotmyanina: While you sleep😴 Happy birthday ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/p/CMiQsQsJZwa/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

@marininmax: Dear friend @alexei.yagudin happy birthday! You went from a hooligan to the head of the family and a loving father, you're always moving forward, not afraid to search, try, strive for new and unknown. Your ️fish often swim in different directions (*I'm not sure about this translation, maybe some Russian speakers can help?) and you are torn by contradictions, impatience and emotions, but in this you are all what you are, without pomposity and falsehood! That's why I love you as a talented person and an outstanding athlete! I wish your foot does not bother you so much and your family will give you strength for new achievements! Be healthy and happy Alexei!

And as always, deep, heartful congratulations from @averbukhofficial:
Lyosha. You and I are completely different and yet very similar. You are unique, and this is an undeniable fact. I am very close to your desire to always be in motion, discovering new sides of yourself. The desire to be the best in everything, to be a Champion, which is what you are.
In your cynical, at first sight, temper and bold sense of humor, it is impossible not to see your big and bright heart. All the contradictions that are so fiercely coexisting in you continue in the characters you reveal in your art, striking the mind and feelings of the audience. And it doesn't matter where and in what you test yourself; whether it's on ice, on stage, on camera, it's always a great pleasure to watch you create, and this is an absolute display of the highest professionalism, because you are faithful to your work to the end.
I congratulate you with another year, and may it be full of new ambitious projects, most of which, I am sure, we will conquer together!
You are surrounded by beauty; harmony and happiness to your family - they are your sunshine.
Stay yourself, be happy, and keep giving us your light and warmth。
And Alexei's funny comment under the post:
@alexei.yagudin: thank you a lot!!! But someone just celebrated the birthday on air balloon, and what did you prepare??🤣🤣🤣
@averbukhofficial: and for you, friend, I prepared new shows for the new tile: )!!!! Happy birthday, jealous: )))
The one who celebrated birthday on air balloon was Liza Arzamasova:) she celebrates birthday just the day before Alexei. And yes, she is the one Averbukh married without telling Yags -- Yags was not happy about it:))

And a drawing of mine, if you don't mind: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMigjYRHnsl/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Last edited:

noeleyle

On the Ice
A bright and sweet video of Yagudin and Marinin made by fan on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/CMl09KYhxZn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

nadinka_ratnikova8:
It is a value in our time to have a friend or friends who are not influenced by time, weather, or distance ...
True friendship, true happiness and genuine youth that will never grow old.
Trust, patience and mutual understanding are the foundation of true friendship.
A friend is a person who knows everything about us, and nevertheless loves and accepts us as we are!

Rina RUS

Final Flight
Country
Russia
Your ️fish often swim in different directions (*I'm not sure about this translation, maybe some Russian speakers can help?)
“The Fishes” is Alexei’s zodiacal sign (Pisces).
“Your fishes often swim in opposite directions, and so you are torn by contradictions, impatience and emotions…”

Marinin also says: “I wish your leg doesn’t bother you too much”. He uses not the ordinary word “leg”, but a tender word (not just “noga”, but “nozhka”). Usually people use this tender word, when they speak about a kid or about a young woman, but Tarasova can use the same word, when she speaks about Yagudin (about Yagudin’s legs).
As for Marinin… I’m impressed that he chose such a word – as if Alexei is his child. :)

And yes, she is the one Averbukh married without telling Yags -- Yags was not happy about it:))
I don’t think Yagudin “was not happy” about Averbukh’s marriage. :)
Averbukh mentions Yagudin’s “bold sense of humor”. Yagudin’s jokes can look rude, but I think those jokes don’t mean he dislikes something.

Last edited:

noeleyle

On the Ice
“The Fishes” is Alexei’s zodiacal sign (Pisces).
“Your fishes often swim in opposite directions, and so you are torn by contradictions, impatience and emotions…”

Marinin also says: “I wish your leg doesn’t bother you too much”. He uses not the ordinary word “leg”, but a tender word (not just “noga”, but “nozhka”). Usually people use this tender word, when they speak about a kid or about a young woman, but Tarasova can use the same word, when she speaks about Yagudin (about Yagudin’s legs).
As for Marinin… I’m impressed that he chose such a word – as if Alexei is his child. :)

I don’t think Yagudin “was not happy” about Averbukh’s marriage. :)
Averbukh mentions Yagudin’s “bold sense of humor”. Yagudin’s jokes can look rude, but I think those jokes don’t mean he dislikes something.
Thank you so much for the explanation! I love how everyone around Yags treats him like a little boy (in a way he really IS a boy)
And sure I know he was happy that Ilia got happily married, I was just joking. He shouted loud when he found out Ilia got married without telling him. It felt like something that only happen between best friends, like "you got married without me?"))) I love that.

noeleyle

On the Ice
And did anyone count how many times Yags burst into tears during this WC? I feel like he's having a heart attack)) What an amazing event))

noeleyle

On the Ice
So I've dug up some old American magazines, and there are pretty a lot nice articles. Here I tried to make a transcript. This is an article published on Spotlights On Skating, Oct/Nov 2003. They have a special session named Alexei's Corner. I don't know if he wrote the article himself, or he just described things orally and had other editors helping to record the words, but anyway, here is the article, Alexei describing the creating process of a skating program.

The Creative Journey

Skating fans always ask me how a new program comes to life. In this edition of Alexei's Corner, I am going to take you on an exciting journey of creativity...from the very beginning when idea comes to mind to the finished product when tens of thousands of people are left breathless after stunning performance (we hope!)

My coach Tatiana Tarasova and I work together to create new programs. The first step is picking out new music. I enjoy listening to all types of music and try to do this as much as possible. We literally spend thousands of dollars buying different kinds of new music.

Here is some advice for all of those skaters out there: perform the music that you LOVE.

The music I skate to must keep me captivated and touch the deepest corners of my soul. I always choose music that will bring out my passion. I believe there is no way you can fool anyone with your emotions if you do not feel it yourself. To provide a realistic image on the ice, some of the most vivid ideas can come to life unexpectedly (while you're watching movies, sleeping, driving, etc.). The music I chose from Gladiator is an example of how I was completely inspired by the movie. Since I love the movie Gladiator, I was able to bring the emotion to the ice while I skated to the music.

Once we finally pick out the music, the next step is to properly arranged it. Tatiana has a tremendous understanding for the sport of figure skating and her cuts and arrangements are magnificent. For my own personal experiences, I can prove that there is no one better at this that my coach!

Once the music is arranged, the next step is costume design. My very good friend and costume designer, Natella Abdulaeva-Denze is a strong force for this part of the pre-season preparation. Natella came into figure skating with years and years of experience in theatrical costume and set design. She is a great artist and some examples of her masterpieces were my Winter, Gladiator and Man in the Iron Mask costumes. To view more of Natella's work, please visit her website: www.denze.com. Before she starts working on a specific design, she listens to the music, comes to the rink and talks to Tatiana and myself. For every program. Natella draws many designs. In fact, many of these original drawings are on display today in Tatianna's living room. Together, all three of us look at the designs and make a decision that fits the program and my personality the best.

Then the actual costume making process begins. It takes approximately one to two months from the first design drawing to the final product. To tell you the truth, I hate this process! There are a lot of fittings and a lot of needles accidentally stuck all over my body. With every new idea, last minute changes are constantly being made and everything starts from the beginning...again. This process usually takes a while.

Next is the most crucial step during the whole costume process: you must be comfortable in your costume. The details of it looking good and correlating to the music are only accents! Once the costume is made, I test out it by skating and jumping in it. A skater's costume should be like his second skin. Otherwise while performing, you will be thinking too much about the costume or feeling some of the stitching, zippers, buttons, etc. The level of comfort is very important.

Simultaneously with the music selection and custom process, work on the new program itself is also taking place. This develops from different ideas, separate steps, moves, jumps, connections, rotations, etc. We always try adding new and Innovative elements that no one has ever tried before. I am constantly impressed with Tatianna's resourceful mind and creative genius!

We then start to bring all of the elements together. Very often we try different elements in different spots. We do not starts creating them program from the beginning to the end, but rather create certain steps that we build the rest of the program around.

The artistic evolution is constant. Everything is dynamic.

I am very nervous when I have to skate my programming for the first time. It is like a final exam where a demanding and sophisticated audience who could not be fooled by pompous costumes and stupid music arrangements will judge our entire team. My goal is to offer an audience a first-class product...only the best!

I cannot describe the feeling after I skate and I see around me eyes full of joy...or even tears of happiness. This is the time when I tell myself I did a good job. All the hard work is not only for myself but also about YOU. For as long as I continue to skate, I will always put the audience first.​

noeleyle

On the Ice
The shooting of Last Axel has finished! :))) Hopefully it will be even better than Hot Ice. I love seeing Alexei in turtlenecks))

noeleyle

On the Ice
Some interview about the show Anna Karenina yesterday (great show, I hope everyone would watch it):

- Alexei, why did you choose Anna Karenina for your sketch?

- At my pre-retirement age I don't choose anymore. What they give me, that's what we take. I had options to play the train. Or Anna herself - I even wore a dress.

I've taken part in many projects. The main thing is to have stability... I die in every performance. In Carmen about five years ago I died at the end of the performance, and in Romeo and Juliet that fate had befallen me somewhat earlier.

You know what's disturbing? Tonight you will see my death in the first act. Scene three. But there's stability.

So Yags NOTICED that he always dies on ice :) Was wondering if it's a set! Lovely)))