Alina Zagitova | Page 1123 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
So it truly seems Alina won't skate this season :(

Edit: it will be decided after the test skates. So, now I only think about whether I should look forward to it or not.

paji15

On the Ice

Edit: it will be decided after the test skates. So, now I only think about whether I should look forward to it or not.

Can you translate the words? Because the translator from Russian sounds like she will only decide whether or not she will compete at Russian cups, and that for now she is not listed there. Not that she will not compete at all, at GPs and stuff. And she didn’t compete in these, only now this covid season is special ...

fabienne1996

Medalist
Country
Germany
Can you translate the words? Because the translator from Russian sounds like she will only decide whether or not she will compete at Russian cups, and that for now she is not listed there. Not that she will not compete at all, at GPs and stuff. And she didn’t compete in these, only now this covid season is special ...
At what other stuff, there will only be one gp event she can go to, andthat will be like rusnats . I doubt we will have euros or worlds, and i think gpf will not be hold in beijing. This year the gp and gpf are not important.. so we will have to see what other comps rusfed will come up with.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

Alina will be surely at the test skates (that is positive information, remember that two hours ago even this wasn't sure). Then, probably according to how she would feel about it she will decide whether she will participate at the Russian Cup. As for the GP, no one still knows how this will work.

There should be one thing mentioned. In 2018 Alina fell twice during the free program and the season ended with her being a world champion. In 2019 she was absolutely superb and the season ended for her after GP final. So, if I could have a voice, I would say that the final decision shouldn't be made just by the cleanness of Alina's performances.

Chinrosy

Rinkside
I'm kinda fed up with such situation. It's weird because Alina isn't an irresolute girl. :sad21:
It has been almost 9 months since she decided to take a rest. I thought she should have made a final decision during quarantine period.
However, one thing for SURE. No matter what decision she makes, I'll support her. Because she's only 18 and deserves to experience more.:luv17:

paji15

On the Ice
At what other stuff, there will only be one gp event she can go to, andthat will be like rusnats . I doubt we will have euros or worlds, and i think gpf will not be hold in beijing. This year the gp and gpf are not important.. so we will have to see what other comps rusfed will come up with.

Gesendet von meinem SM-T813 mit Tapatalk

Well I believe there will be other competitions even if sans spectactors. Other sports works this way as well. Especially in Europe. There are already tennis tournaments, elite athletic competitions, football matches, cycling races, kayak competitions etc. If the situation won’t get worse then there is no reason for FS to go different way. And just in case, I do know that health is in the first place at the moment and sport after that.

Alina will be surely at the test skates (that is positive information, remember that two hours ago even this wasn't sure). Then, probably according to how she would feel about it she will decide whether she will participate at the Russian Cup. As for the GP, no one still knows how this will work.

There should be one thing mentioned. In 2018 Alina fell twice during the free program and the season ended with her being a world champion. In 2019 she was absolutely superb and the season ended for her after GP final. So, if I could have a voice, I would say that the final decision shouldn't be made just by the cleanness of Alina's performances.

Thank you! As for GP, there is rule of 12 weeks prior cancelation, which is getting close. Junior GP already got green as far as I know.

Yeah, I believe it’s about her feeling more than actual points for the skate. She got out of competition in some place and she needs to feel it, if she is supposed to go back. I think it’s actualy wise. Go step by step and see. No big proclamations and then hacking out. She has nothing to prove, now it’s all about her pleasure. :luv17: She for sure will skate, but whether she will find fulfilling just show skating or it will be competition, that is on her.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
What surprises me is that she went to Novogorsk, got her programs and is still training normally at Sambo, which makes you assume that she plans to compete this season, no? :scratch2:
But I'm thinking that maybe, since she's just starting university, she wants to prioritize adapting to student life... it's her first semester after all, so she must be nervous/excited and all that.
This season is going to be super weird and uncertain for everyone anyway.

zounger

Medalist
What surprises me is that she went to Novogorsk, got her programs and is still training normally at Sambo, which makes you assume that she plans to compete this season, no? :scratch2:
But I'm thinking that maybe, since she's just starting university, she wants to prioritize adapting to student life... it's her first semester after all, so she must be nervous/excited and all that.

I think the fed is involved in many decisions that we are not aware of. I don't think Uni has to do anything with her will to compete.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Scrolling through my IG feed and I find this
:love::hap93:

Today has been a bit of a disappointing day for me for different reasons and somehow, finding this little thing unexpectedly just brightened my day a bit. :)

paji15

On the Ice
I think the fed is involved in many decisions that we are not aware of. I don't think Uni has to do anything with her will to compete.

Yup. And not only Fed. It’s also her team who just lost two senior girls. It’s full of inner politics. But I believe that it’s even in Alina’s best interest to go one step at the time. They had to be constantly asked about Alina ans they had to make a statement, but no matter which way she wants to go or will eventualy decide to go, it’s still better to go slowly, how it comes, and not make big statements and then fall into a trap. Especially when Alina didnt have a break because of injury or something, she needed break. Her head wasn’t there. Only competition will show where her head trully is now and announcing something beforehead would not be smart. With Alina, it’s always tied with expectations. Now only she is expected to deliver, but she is globally popular. Plus we can’t forget that this season and it’s prep is weird and it had to screwed a lot of plans to everyone. I really find this waiting strategy great. No matter of the outcome.

And I believe Alina will chose the best for herself.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Love this part:

For example, after the Olympics in Pyeongchang, I was asked many times: "Are you glad you won the Olympic Games?" I don't even know what these journalists wanted to hear ... "No, this is too much for me"? Of course I'm glad! How else? It's the Olympics!

I still remember Alina looking at the journalist who asked her this question at Peyongchang with disbelief :biggrin:
Yes of course she was happy she just tried not to show it too much because of Zhenya and her disappointment.

Leaning your way flanker. But there's still a chance she will compete. The pandemic has changed a lot of things in life and sports.

As per usual you make pertinent points. She did that training camp got new programs which we still don't know what they are and now has only committed to open skates. Of course the Federation can slide her into the Russian Cup Series like they will other seniors who did not initially get invited.

Seruleane

Final Flight
Guys, let’s remember that Alina already has won all the major titles in figure skating, and everything else is just icing on top. So, while the figure skating fan in me selfishly hopes she continues competing, I want her to do what she wants. If she just does test skates, or stops competing all together to pursue new goals, I will be happy for her and root for her continued success and happiness. I think Alina has the potential to be great in lots of things, not just figure skating!