Alina Zagitova | Page 1511 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Video from Alina's open air class yesterday. Apparently the free registration for the event had to be closed well in advance. :clap:

and flowers from her fans after the class 🌹

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina is getting ready to headline a big ice show on the Valentine's day 🌹

And there is a surprise: Alina will be performing a song with a popular singer Zivert. Right now she is taking singing lessons. :) First take:

decafjava

On the Ice
Country
Switzerland
Alina is getting ready to headline a big ice show on the Valentine's day 🌹

And there is a surprise: Alina will be performing a song with a popular singer Zivert. Right now she is taking singing lessons. :) First take:

Zivert? Is this her?

Zivert

Never heard of her but I will check her out, but a poor substitute for seeing her in action.

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Zivert? Is this her?

Zivert

Never heard of her but I will check her out, but a poor substitute for seeing her in action.

Yeah, that's the one. Alina will of course also perform on ice, perhaps even with a brand new program. Here is Alina in training. 3F✌️

And this might be the ending of the new program, or maybe not :shrug:

Last edited:

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Meanwhile let's rewind :) This is a unique up close and personal video of Alina's open air exhibition shot right before last Christmas :love:

After that she traveled to another city to do three musical ice shows in one day and the next day Alina worked for the TV coverage of Nationals in yet another city:

Last edited:

FreeSkater

On the Ice
Alina Zagitova 2023.02.14 Ice Show Festival "In Love with Figure Skating"
EXO + Exhibition Gala EX Молчи и обнимай меня крепче by Шура Кузнецова + Duet with Zivert + EXF Own FanCam 1080p 50fps
Alina Zagitova 2023.02.14 EX Молчи и обнимай меня крепче

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
EXO + Exhibition Gala EX Молчи и обнимай меня крепче by Шура Кузнецова + Duet with Zivert + EXF Own FanCam 1080p 50fps

What a gorgeous program and very emotional Alina on this Valentine's day. She is getting better and better, now in shows. :love2: Some high-quality photos

Scott512

Record Breaker

Little Alina has grown into an incredible superstar! She is a super spectacular performer.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Could not agree more. Alina keeps blossoming as a skater. I just hope she will keep devoting her time to training and performing on ice.

She would even do very well competitively again with astronomical PCS scores without a doubt. I suppose Alina is happy with what she's doing and in control of her destiny.

She was even doing some singing recently I believe. 😎

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
She would even do very well competitively again with astronomical PCS scores without a doubt. I suppose Alina is happy with what she's doing and in control of her destiny.

She was even doing some singing recently I believe. 😎

Alina is in amazing shape for a skater that does not skate competitively and the artistic side of her skating keeps developing. For instance, that 3F yesterday was pretty awesome. However, I think she has no intention to return to a grueling regimen of competitive skating, at least now right now. I think she even mentioned that recently. :)

As for her little foray into public singing, it has elicited a huge response the next day. Not because of that performance per se but just because Alina is such a superstar athlete and now a popular TV personality. :) I will try to write about all that later today or tomorrow.

alexocfp

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Zagitova doesn’t need to return to competition. I’ve said this before, she is Exhibit A in going out at the right time.

Brand Zagitova is as strong as it’s ever been and because she left at the top, the competitive memories we have of her are positive.

And because she went out at the height of her career, everyone thinks she can just return and start winning again. That’s a good situation to be in, and that is the reward for leaving at your peak. And she left people wanting more, which is why she is still popular at these shows.

Zagitova has a great thing going. She can skate out of competition, make the fans happy, and do other things with her life. It’s the best of both worlds.

Plus, she has won all the main competitions there are to win. Why would she need to return?

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina is in amazing shape for a skater that does not skate competitively and the artistic side of her skating keeps developing. For instance, that 3F yesterday was pretty awesome. However, I think she has no intention to return to a grueling regimen of competitive skating, at least now right now. I think she even mentioned that recently. :)

As for her little foray into public singing, it has elicited a huge response the next day. Not because of that performance per se but just because Alina is such a superstar athlete and now a popular TV personality. :) I will try to write about all that later today or tomorrow.

Alina has turned into a sensational performer with great presentation and power.

It is a shame she won't compete anymore even if it was just in domestic events in Russia.

JimR

On the Ice
Alina looked great out there (I'm talking about skating, not singing sorry I cringed) even more so for someone that hasn't skated competitively for several years. In almost any other country in the world she could have an international career until her mid-20's without much trouble.

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina's post after her show yesterday:

Yesterday will stay forever in my memory 😍🎤

I performed with a new program "Don't talk and hug me tighter" (the name of the song used in her skate). The program really does mean a lot to me. Such a romantic song that I thought fit very well into the Valentine's day theme of love for the whole gala show. 🥰❤️

But for me the most memorable event that happened on February 14h 2023 was the collaboration with a wonderful singer Zivert. 🔥 I cannot believe that I sang on the same stage with my favorite performer. Of course it was a stressful experience but I thought I managed to overcome my jitters. Thanks to all that supported my decision 💕

So I wish to all not listen to those who say that your dreams are not worth pursuing. Believe in yourself, overcome your fears and you will reach your goals.

Could not agree more with Alina. ✌️

SunnyCA

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Alina looked great out there (I'm talking about skating, not singing sorry I cringed) even more so for someone that hasn't skated competitively for several years. In almost any other country in the world she could have an international career until her mid-20's without much trouble.

"Cringe" is a pretty strong word. While this music is also not my cup of tea, I have no idea what young girls enjoy listening to these days. :) In any case, Alina was on stage for one song of which she sang a minute at most.

Her job was to headline the ice show and it was a big success this year not only because it was sold out but also dozens of journalists attended the event, a lot more than covered the Nationals. So many other skaters got quite a bit of media exposure.

Here is Alina singing 🌹 Lots of reviews and reactions from the stalwarts of domestic music biz, the deputy head of the local equivalent of the ESPN channel that covered the event, etc. etc. Some were negative, some were positive but the bottom line Alina enjoyed performing and the show was a big success.