All this talk of Kimmie | Page 3 | Golden Skate

All this talk of Kimmie

Ogre Mage

On the Ice
soogar said:
Kristi on the other hand had numerous falls in competition and had a good second mark to keep her in the running. Kristi didn't have to be perfect or nail a triple axel to get the judges' nod.

I don't think line is an issue anymore b/c Irina is kicking a$$ and she has a horrible line on the ice.
Don't agree, I believe Sasha Cohen high PCS scores are in part based on the fact her line and extension are extraordinary. Her basic skating is certainly nowhere close to Irina.

LOL you make it sound like Kristi was pulling a Leticia Hubert 1992 Olys performance whenever she skated. After she gave up pairs, she fell once in a program at most, if at all.

2ndmark

Rinkside
I'm not sure it's equitable to point out Bebe's perceived physical disadvantages (short and stocky) and leave Emily Hughes unscathed. Sorry... not much disrespect intended... but if Bebe's "stocky" what would the appropriate adjective be to describe Emily's build??

At any rate- Bebe, Kimmie and Emily are teenaged girls going through hormonal, emotional and physical changes on a daily basis. They all need help with their grooming, image and physical appearance. Hopefully this will come with time and appropriate guidance. Even more so- hopefully they will all live up to their enormous potential as world class skaters.

Hi Vbanna<3, welcome to the forum! Another Bebe fan!

Interesting login name, LOL.

I hope you like it here.

Mathman:)

mzheng

Record Breaker
Ogre Mage said:
Kim Meissner, Emily Hughes, Bebe Liang and Katy Taylor are all possible heirs to the USFSA crown. Kim is the most hyped but her overall skating isn't markedly better than the other 3. For 2007-10, one could emerge as the "Queen," or you could have a situation similar to the mid and late 1980s, with the U.S. title going back and forth between several skaters.
I agree. I really don't think any one of them would have a dominate carreer in US and/or Internationally. USFS is lucky to have a dominated one like MK. Just statistically speaking it is imposible to have One dominate right after another. The US title will be traded between these skaters in future. But at international level I do see Mao would be the dominate force.

euterpe

Medalist
2ndmark said:
I'm not sure it's equitable to point out Bebe's perceived physical disadvantages (short and stocky) and leave Emily Hughes unscathed. Sorry... not much disrespect intended... but if Bebe's "stocky" what would the appropriate adjective be to describe Emily's build??

At any rate- Bebe, Kimmie and Emily are teenaged girls going through hormonal, emotional and physical changes on a daily basis. They all need help with their grooming, image and physical appearance. Hopefully this will come with time and appropriate guidance. Even more so- hopefully they will all live up to their enormous potential as world class skaters.

At 16, 5'6" Emily doesn't have great line, and she tends to hurl her amazonian body around the ice to the point where she is out of control. But where BeBe has already 'filled out', Emily has not, and therefore she still has a very adolescent look about her. Emily is not exactly slim to begin with, so it's hard to say what will happen to her skating should she start 'blooming' like her sister Sarah.

Kimmie is in the middle of a growth spurt and when she starts to fill out she may have the same kind of disruption to her jumps that Katy Taylor has experienced this year.

Bebe is older and has already gone through some of these changes. The big question with her is her ability to regain her edge jumps and finally skate a clean program.