American Idol - Top 24 | Page 15 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Top 24

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
O K:unsure:

I will have to give that a "cheddar" rating.:laugh: Fun, entertaining, but goes well with Triskets for sure.:agree:JMO
What commercial would you consider A+++, cream of the crop type commercial? Don't most commercials get the "cheddar" rating as you call it? Why I thought it was great is the fact that at first I didn't know who the people were. I was probably reading or doing something else when it started. Then I picked up on who the people were. I'm not talking about the theme but the video on it. I didn't even recognize Sanjaya, well not any of them at first.

I thought whoever shoots film or photography would pick up on what I was talking about.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
What commercial would you consider A+++, cream of the crop type commercial? Don't most commercials get the "cheddar" rating as you call it? Why I thought it was great is the fact that at first I didn't know who the people were. I was probably reading or doing something else when it started. Then I picked up on who the people were. I'm not talking about the theme but the video on it. I didn't even recognize Sanjaya, well not any of them at first.

I thought whoever shoots film or photography would pick up on what I was talking about.

Dee
I will say I think it was the direction of the commercial to be "cheesy" and hence it was successful in doing so. As I said, I found it entertaining but not without the validity of the other comments made as well. I will agree with both - as was my intent - as to say it was well put together, had good directing and they played the parts with "fun and enthusiasm" no doubt. I am not saying I didn't like it, but do question the "strangeness" of the commercial. It was odd IMO, but yes there are many that are. Let's just say "The Jerk" is my favorite movie and I would give that the biggest cheddar award. I love it for what it is.:agree:

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
"I was born a poor black child..." isn't that from The Jerk?

anyway back on topic lol

was the Ford commercial a 'spoof' on the Matrix? Seeing Sanjaya the way he was dressed gave me a Matrix vibe (but I've never seen the movie, just the previews so what do I know lol)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
"I was born a poor black child..." isn't that from The Jerk?
Yep opening line.

BOT-
I got somewhat of an "The Avengers" with the laser umbrella.
It was funny sorry it sounded like I didn't like it, it did. But I still thought it was Cheesy.;)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
I am shocked over the bottom 3 and I think at least 2 of them were to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dee

I wasn't surprised at all; I think Blake and LaKisha are both losing momentum and need to come up with something spectacular pretty fast to stay in the race; I was gearing up for a Jordin-Blake final, but now I'm definitely thinking it'll be Jordin-Melinda with Chris 3rd. (Partly because I think Chris has more solid "demographics" on his side, and partly because strange things seem to happen when 4 boils down to 3). Personally, I'd've had Chris in the bottom 3 over Blake, but I think that Chris picked up a few crucial votes by mentioning Virginia Tech -- which I don't think was manipulation on his part, but it definitely didn't hurt. But I don't think Blake was much to write home about, either -- there were things ABOUT his perfomance that I liked, but he didn't exactly tear the roof off the place. And we should have known that LaKisha and Country Night was NOT going to be a match made in heaven......Jordin, however, gave one of the best performances of the season.

I will say, tho, that when I saw that bottom 3, I vowed right then and there that if Blake or LaKisha had been sent home before Sanjaya, that would have been the end of the show, for me, for this season. Chris or Phil would have been something else again, tho I will say that I thought Phil was excellent the other night. I don't see him pulling out another one that good anytime soon, however.

(Yes, I know I'm weighing in MORE than a bit late on this, but it's been one of those weeks again....)

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
JonnyCoop, I always appreciate your comments. I agree with a lot of what you're saying. I do think that Lakisha has it in her to challenge Jordin and Melinda. I am rooting for her!!

Dee

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Blake needs to pull out the beatbox again... sing something upbeat and fun

I read in People magazine (yeah i'm a few weeks late on the issues, so sue me lol) that he was in an accapella group before auditioning for Idol.. he should pull a page from Bo Bice's book and go acapella and beatbox a bit... that'd change it up and bring the old Blake back into play! :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Thanks, Dee! :)

Didn't Blake basically do "Time of The Season" a cappella on British Invasion night?? He DOES need to get back to something like that; that was the COOLEST performance of the season, and possibly ever on AI.

(I didn't necessarily say the BEST or FINEST, but the COOLEST. Kind of the same thing, but not quite... :laugh: )

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the only time the band didn't play was when he went into the beat box