American Idol - Top 24 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

American Idol - Top 24

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
I think that Paula is a lovely, beautiful, kind-hearted person. I think she is just wonderful.

I don't understand the Abdul-hate I've seen on other boards, myself. She's not always as coherent as I'd like, but she makes more sense than Dawg, IMHO. (Perhaps it's because I still have "Forever Your Girl" on vinyl...and still occasionally pull it out for a listen.)
Go, Pauler!
xoxo
Rave

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Loved Gina...........sad to see her go. Early prediction here for me........top three, not in any order, will be Melinda, Blake, and Jordine, with Lakishka number 4.......42

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
(Perhaps it's because I still have "Forever Your Girl" on vinyl...and still occasionally pull it out for a listen.)
Go, Pauler!

:rock: :agree: Vinyl no less! Wow. I though my transferring tape to computer was impressive show of affection for her music and here you out do me with a LP and the means to play it. :bow: :bow: :bow:

I Still wont vote or watch - only listen for results and recaps - until Sanj is gone.:laugh:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
the hairdresser for the show said last week that he couldn't wait for JLo night because Sanjaya's hair was going to be fun to style

just forewarning!

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for the warning ^eewwh,:p . Does not sound promising.

When did JLo start saying she wasn't JLo anymore? Is it because Jennifer Garner doesn't go by 4High (forehead is "tall")?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well Sanjaya didn't too bad. Matter of fact he did pretty good. Good for him.

Dee

A phone call about a family situation ruined my viewing enjoyment this evening.
The ones I did hear...it was hard not to compare them to the original wonderful versions of the songs.
I did hear Blake and I liked him a lot.
Is it just me, or is Hayley suddenly turning her performances into "how short of clothing can I wear and how much can I flaunt my legs while I sing"?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Haley, Phil, and Chris should be the bottom three

Sanjaya can actually sing again! who knew!

Blake was definitely the highlight tonight!!

as for Jennifer - she came out with it middle of last week because she's no longer a 'diva' in the negative sense... she's maturing... her words, not mine

CB1AB2

Medalist
I think = Phil s/b the one to go this week = it was boring = boring = boring
= I agree about Haley = I think she likes to strut her stuff in skimpy clothes while attempting to sing
= I don't care if Sanjaya had one good week of singing = he still shouldn't have made it this far

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
:rock: :agree: Vinyl no less! Wow. I though my transferring tape to computer was impressive show of affection for her music and here you out do me with a LP and the means to play it. :bow: :bow: :bow:

All that really shows is that I'm old and a technophobe, but you may bow to me if you like. :biggrin:

I Still wont vote or watch - only listen for results and recaps - until Sanj is gone.:laugh:

I thought Sanjaya did a great job (well, for Sanjaya) last night, and was the only one to try singing in Spanish for Latin night.
I thought J-Lo was going to be the worst mentor ever, but I liked her a lot. Pity the contestants never do well on Latin night. The divas bored me. I'm getting really sick of Justin Timberfake, and while I can't understand the judges' pimping of Blake (the beat-boxing and Michael Jackson dance moves are so dated...c'mon, people...), I have to at least admit his vocals are getting better. Technically.
Glad Simon finally called Haley on the way she's been dressing.
So at this point I'm voting solely to keep Phil in the competition, because I seem to be hearing different performances than anyone else. I really like the guy.
Oh, heck. Got to work now. There may be more later.
xoxo
Rave

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
ok Rave - now you're starting to sound like Seacrest! :eek:

Phil the undertaker stinks...but Haley should go this week... doubt she will though

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Finally - the weakest link WENT... Haley definitely needed to go... all I can say is: it's about time...

hopefully Sanjaya continues to sing and not just be the new William Hung...

Ravyn Rant

Totally 80s Dance Party!
Medalist
Parody Alert!

Finally - the weakest link WENT... Haley definitely needed to go... all I can say is: it's about time...

hopefully Sanjaya continues to sing and not just be the new William Hung...

You called the bottom 3, Toni! I'm not sorry Haley went, even though I'd picked Phil to go this week in the office pool. (As much as I like the guy, I can't carry him through all by my lonesome.)
As for Sanjaya, I have a song for him to sing for Country week! This can be sung to the tune of Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire":

Vote for Sanjaya!

Sings like he's just fourteen
And he makes the tweentards scream
He arouses Simon's i-yah
I must vote for that boy Sanjaya

I've been shunned 'cause I'm voting for Sanjaya
They look down, down, down since I joined that choi-yah
When I vote, vote, vote for that Sanjaya
I'm a pariah

I fell into the mad world of Sanjaya's
With my brain, brain, brain pulled out by his pli-yahs
And the signs, signs, signs call him "papaya"
That boy Sanjaya

The stage where Idols meet
It bows in its defeat
Watch while that mild-mannered child
Drives...everybody wild

I can't wait for the next song from Sanjaya
He could sing, sing, sing "They Call the Wind Mariah"
With his hair, hair, hair a pointy spi-yah
That boy Sanjaya

Watch that boy set the Idol stage on fi-yah
If he wins, wins, wins, Simon might reti-yah
So I'll vote, vote, vote for that Sanjaya
Vote for Sanjaya

So I'll vote, vote, vote, for that Sanjaya
Vote for Sanjaya
Vote for Sanjaya
Vote for Sanjaya...

Yes, at this point I'd agree that I'm watching way too much TV. :laugh:
xoxo
Rave

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Are they going to keep the "as many votes as you want" open the entire season?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
they can't change that mid-season... they'd have an uproar... just look at what happened the second season when they switched phone numbers close to the finale... people just knew it was so RUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuben fans could get through and Clay fans couldn't....

oh the joys of conspiracy.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^good point, that would cause an uproar, and likely Sanj would have already been gone (one can only guess). They should have followed the Dancing With The Stars forte with 5 calls max IMO.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I think the sponser makes mroe money and therefore gives AI more money for just allowing as many votes as possible