Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They are taking their time before appearing in the GP, we will see them only the next week in Japan. That will be a clash with T/M again just like in Finland.
that's another thing I find charming about M/G. In a recent interview, they were asked why there would be such a long time between comps for them, between Finland, I guess, and Japan. I think it was Sasha who replied that they leave their schedule entirely in the hands of the coaches. I think it's a great advantage and skill to trust things to others as they do.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Really happy with their skates here. I feel like the short is in its final form, as there’s not much to add to it, but the free could use something more in the end, although Moskvina put that ending pose there for the Wow effect.

They are such hard workers and it shows on the ice. It might not be the most emoting team or the best programs, but this is such an easy team to root for! I was worried with Nastya’s jumps in the beginning of the season, but everything is in its place now.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

Don't think it was shared here, but this was pre-GP, and you can just see how much work they put into interpretation in the programs. Maybe it's not yet coming across in the program, but they are working on it.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Today's training of the FS. The entire music was revamped, adding effects to pretty much all the elements, and also reworking the choral section in the middle. Quality is not the best so I'm curious to see how it's going to translate in competition. Moskvina wants to get all the points possible with matching musical accents and
I've been there! Program is growing on me. It has some magic. They were very consistent during the practice session btw

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Such a disappointing skate for them today--of course it wasn't a tragedy, by any means, but they did seem very nervous even in the warmup. They'll have to get used to skating in Russia, under pressure. I'm pretty sure they don't want another repeat of Nationals this time.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
People keep talking about how great RC is for Russian skaters because of all the 'mushrooms' (fair enough, there is a home scoring bonus), but in truth Russian skaters tend to hate skating at home because of the pressure. Kovtun flatly refused to do it. Kolyada never did his best there. Medvedeva didn't like it either.

AlexBreeze

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
People keep talking about how great RC is for Russian skaters because of all the 'mushrooms' (fair enough, there is a home scoring bonus), but in truth Russian skaters tend to hate skating at home because of the pressure. Kovtun flatly refused to do it. Kolyada never did his best there. Medvedeva didn't like it either.
I fully agree! I think some skaters can skate under this pressure (The Empress, for example) but not everyone.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Quite relieved with that skate. Still things to work on, but it must have felt good after yesterday. They can also count Rostelecom won and not skate again there for the coming seasons haha