Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Anastasia Mishina & Aleksandr Galliamov

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One of my new favorite pairs. They are such fun to watch. His height, carriage, and posture are awesome. Loved the fun, cool vibe of their SP, and the FS looks really challenging with all the interesting entrances into the death spiral, several of the lifts, etc. Sometimes a man of that height can look a little "kultz-y", but he didn't seem that way at all. They are going to soar with Moskvina! :clapper:

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
I can't say I'm happy with the music cuts in the FS, the first half is fantastic, the second not so much. But it's a Zhulin program, right? No surprise on that, haha.

In general, though, their transitions are fantastic. I'd say they're the pair with the most transitions I've seen lately, and I loved it. So much fresh stuff on both programs. I think this is what's been missing in pairs. Some more innovation and creativity.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Ted is making interview with Anastasia Mishina and Aleksandr predominantly about 2019 junior worlds, but also about other things:

(They are funny, Aleksandr has some issues with english, but Nastya is absolutely sweet 🥰 )

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gallyamov has covid. His partner, coaches, and other skaters are okay. They will be in isolation.

vorravorra

Record Breaker
She's also very strong, Galliamov still has a bit of trouble lifting her--which is not a slight against Nastia, she's just a big girl. I don't think they would have worked out together. I guess the way things ended was just bittersweet.
I am going to move this here as my answer doesn't really belong in the other thread. Nastya is actually quite small irl, it's just that other pairs girls are even tinier. And then we have Boikova who is 5 cm taller than Nastya and can't be all that much lighter.

With their problem with lifts, what I find interesting that they give Sasha a FP where he doesn't have time to catch a breath and then two lifts at the end. It just doesn't look like they see the problem in him not having enough strength, they would avoid tiring him out before lifts otherwise. Their main problem seems not so much lifting up and not the stuff at the top, but setting Nastya down properly. Certain exit positions really should be removed in my opinion, they can make Nastya look like a sack of potatoes if not executed perfectly.

It's so odd for me that people think MG have no personality. Personality on the ice was one of the things that hooked me on Nastya back at the "time of the green dress" when she was 15 and skating with Mirzoev. Galliamov was just "Nastya's new partner" for me for a long time but he can hardly be accused of being devoid of personality either. He is a charming guy who can perform. But you can sink them with a wrong program.

coldblueeyes

Record Breaker
Country
Brazil
Their main problem seems not so much lifting up and not the stuff at the top, but setting Nastya down properly. Certain exit positions really should be removed in my opinion, they can make Nastya look like a sack of potatoes if not executed perfectly.

It's so odd for me that people think MG have no personality. Personality on the ice was one of the things that hooked me on Nastya back at the "time of the green dress" when she was 15 and skating with Mirzoev. Galliamov was just "Nastya's new partner" for me for a long time but he can hardly be accused of being devoid of personality either. He is a charming guy who can perform. But you can sink them with a wrong program.
Agreed on both points. The best lift they have is their Reverse Lasso, the exit is on the smoother side. Their new lift in the SP is also a bit better, but the other two from the FS all have some heavy exits, and I don't know if that's something they have been working on and want to change, I did notice some improvements from the past, tho.

But it's clear to me that both of them have a lot of personality, you just have to give them the right programs. Master and Margarita worked well with them, but last year's SP was a bust. Also, their first season's FS was also a mess, while "Party Like a Russian" brought the best in them too. I like their programs this year because both of them are good vehicles for them. And hopefully they'll work on these things that are still holding them back. The judges in Russia showered them with GOEs, but I doubt it's going to be like that outside, so they need to get better to have a good fighting chance.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I am going to move this here as my answer doesn't really belong in the other thread. Nastya is actually quite small irl, it's just that other pairs girls are even tinier. And then we have Boikova who is 5 cm taller than Nastya and can't be all that much lighter.

With their problem with lifts, what I find interesting that they give Sasha a FP where he doesn't have time to catch a breath and then two lifts at the end. It just doesn't look like they see the problem in him not having enough strength, they would avoid tiring him out before lifts otherwise. Their main problem seems not so much lifting up and not the stuff at the top, but setting Nastya down properly. Certain exit positions really should be removed in my opinion, they can make Nastya look like a sack of potatoes if not executed perfectly.

Interesting when you talk about it. I would've never said that but in this picture (the 2nd one) there can be seen the difference: