Anastasiia Gubanova | Page 58 | Golden Skate

Anastasiia Gubanova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Well, not a fan of Kostner like shenanigans.. but she deserved better points anyway.. :rolleye:
I've never been so frustrated with figure skating as with the scores Anastasia always gets and we've seen some insanely low scores for her this year with PCS in the mid-20s by certain judges and they are doing this to the reigning and defending European champion which is the oldest major title in figure skating. It makes no sense at all. Her PCS at Finlandia should have been well into the thirties like 34 for the short program and it was 27 something. It's not a good look for the sport and at some point it's going to kill Nastyas spirit and her desire to compete.

Without the Russians the two best ladies are obviously kaori the two-time world champion and Loena has moved into the second spot. And I'm not asking the judges to give Nastia scores as good as theirs since their levels are higher but if Nastia is not scored in the same range as or not far from Yelim and Isabeau why continue?

The look on Anastasia's face after her 118.99 LP score came up at Finlandia tells me she is super frustrated with the ISU judges and it's just not fair. She didn't bomb the skate so how was she below 120? If this was the Olympic season she would have been over 130 points. Now she can't even break 120 points and she's the only lady to do two triple triples in the LP. If she totally bombed and botched her free skate I could understand that score but that was not the case.

All I Ask from the judges is to be professional and fair and I don't feel they are with her and if they don't like her new style or her new programs don't take them out on her scores that's being unprofessional.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Interesting comments from Anastasia after her LP in France and falling from second to 6th place. Normally a European champion would be getting a boost in scores not crippled scores. But they really didn't want her to be European champion last January did they? Lol. That won't be a problem this year Nastya has much less chance of winning euros than last season. Just look at the scores. :eek:

Anyway after falling from second to sixth Anastasia had some interesting comments aimed at the ISUI am sure. These comments were on Team Gubanova VK on telegram. She said "Very disappointing. I skated not so bad. Yes instead of a 3 - 3 cascade I did a 3 -2 but these are not such global mistakes that I would sink to such places. These are not the scores that should be displayed on the scoreboard. I am in a lot of pain".

I feel for the girl because her beautiful skating her life's work is brushed aside like she's a scrub skater. When Anastasia skated for Russia it was frustrating seeing her not get the scores she deserved most of the time but since she joined the ISU it's been much worse. Get this the American judge gave one of the most beautiful skaters in the world Guba a 50 PCS and then 5 minutes later gave Isabeau a 68 PCS. They are both beautiful artistic skaters but there's not 18 points between them in PCS. What a 50 PCS for a beautiful skater from an American judge? Something is going on and I hope Anastasia her team and the Georgia figure skating federation complain to the International skating union. That's the only way any of this is going to change. The American judge should not be allowed to ever judge her again a 50? Lol.

Anyway you rarely hear skaters publicly criticize scoring maybe their coaches will do it but rarely the skater so I was surprised Anastasia did it but I support her doing it 100%. They were supposed to fix the judging problem after 2002 but 21 years later it's actually worse. :(

I don't want others scores lowered. I want Gubas scores increased.

Good luck to Nastia the rest of the season.

FlossieH

Final Flight
Country
United-Kingdom
Judges don't seem to be buying in to her free programme this year. If it continues, she might be better returning to last year's programme.

Loena Hendrickx was supposed to win the European title last year. Nastia's technical elements were better in the short (Loena made a big mistake in her combo) but Loena got higher PCS which meant they were very close to each other going into the free and Loena was still in a good position to take the title. Loena's falls in the free programme, combined with Nastia's cleaner skate, meant that Loena being given the highest FP PCS by most of the judges did not make up enough of the deficit for her to win. It seems that they are responding this year by ignoring rotation and edge mistakes from Loena and hammering Nastia wherever they can. Nastia was the 'correct' winner last year based purely on performance in that event, but she was the 'wrong' winner compared to what was intended. I am absolutely certain that there are a lot of politics going on behind the scenes which have contributed to the current leniency for Loena and harsh scores for Nastia. There are other skaters who also seem to be getting treated unfairly at the moment e.g. all of Tammy Gambill's students (regardless of which nation they are representing) are getting rotation and edge mistakes called when the same errors are not being called for the likes of Loena and Isabeau Levito. Whilst the calls for Tammy's students are usually correct, other skaters should get the same calls for the same mistakes.

thatdarncat

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
I don't get why Nastya was so harshly score, like you said I thought the change in the scoring system in 2002 was suppose to fix this, just goes to show there is no difference between the 6.0 system and the cop system, its the judges, they seem to have decided the European champion is going to be Leona, I don't think I will bother watching the Europeans and will tune into the worlds instead where there is more competition and intrigue. Even without the Russian skaters the judges still have there favorites and will promote them 😞