Andrei Mozalev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It’s going to be a nailbiter tomorrow. I am wishing Andrei Mozalev a strong come back free skate in Kazan and bracing for the wait!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Indeed, but so glad to see that 4F again today! Side note I really like his SP costume, he looks quite aristocratic in that black jacket with muted silver embellishments :D
It's always hard to predict final results from SP alone and Andrei's got a cool head on his shoulders... fingers crossed 🤞

Also I hope he has a good rest after this, it's his 3rd (or 4th?) comp in a month!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well done, Andrei. A valiant rebound in the free, but alas that SP missed combo was just too costly to overcome! If the same missed combo had happened in the free instead, he would have had maybe 5-10 more points overall.
However he's shown his mettle this season as one of the most consistent Russian men, and did very well in a very close event that was basically a preview of Nationals (just with Kvitelashvili instead of Danielian).
Now's a great time to rest and regroup. A national medal (or title) could be Andrei's soon, he just needs to perform well in both programmes :pray:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well done, Andrei. A valiant rebound in the free, but alas that SP missed combo was just too costly to overcome! If the same missed combo had happened in the free instead, he would have had maybe 5-10 more points overall.
However he's shown his mettle this season as one of the most consistent Russian men, and did very well in a very close event that was basically a preview of Nationals (just with Kvitelashvili instead of Danielian).
Now's a great time to rest and regroup. A national medal (or title) could be Andrei's soon, he just needs to perform well in both programmes :pray:
Absolutely! Coming second in the free in this tight competition was really a great achievement. Honestly, it could have went either way between him and Gumennik.

one thing that I can see is that Mozalev is gaining fans, at least judging by Instagram account & it’s great.

he now has lit me to focus on both programs and I hope to see him perform great at Nationals.