Andrei Mozalev | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
It’s going to be a nailbiter tomorrow. I am wishing Andrei Mozalev a strong come back free skate in Kazan and bracing for the wait!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Indeed, but so glad to see that 4F again today! Side note I really like his SP costume, he looks quite aristocratic in that black jacket with muted silver embellishments :D
It's always hard to predict final results from SP alone and Andrei's got a cool head on his shoulders... fingers crossed 🤞

Also I hope he has a good rest after this, it's his 3rd (or 4th?) comp in a month!

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well done, Andrei. A valiant rebound in the free, but alas that SP missed combo was just too costly to overcome! If the same missed combo had happened in the free instead, he would have had maybe 5-10 more points overall.
However he's shown his mettle this season as one of the most consistent Russian men, and did very well in a very close event that was basically a preview of Nationals (just with Kvitelashvili instead of Danielian).
Now's a great time to rest and regroup. A national medal (or title) could be Andrei's soon, he just needs to perform well in both programmes :pray:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well done, Andrei. A valiant rebound in the free, but alas that SP missed combo was just too costly to overcome! If the same missed combo had happened in the free instead, he would have had maybe 5-10 more points overall.
However he's shown his mettle this season as one of the most consistent Russian men, and did very well in a very close event that was basically a preview of Nationals (just with Kvitelashvili instead of Danielian).
Now's a great time to rest and regroup. A national medal (or title) could be Andrei's soon, he just needs to perform well in both programmes :pray:
Absolutely! Coming second in the free in this tight competition was really a great achievement. Honestly, it could have went either way between him and Gumennik.

one thing that I can see is that Mozalev is gaining fans, at least judging by Instagram account & it’s great.

he now has lit me to focus on both programs and I hope to see him perform great at Nationals.

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Hi all!

I sent a PM out a few days ago regarding the Video Project. If you are interested in doing Andrei (or anyone else), shoot me a PM! :)

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Well, it seems like the door is still open for Andrei to compete for a Worlds spot. Although whether Sweden 2021 even happens is still doubtful, it would surely be a great redemption/morale booster if he manages to get selected. 🤞

Deciphering Youtube comments with my extremely meagre Russian, he seems to be gaining more appreciation this season :)

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well, it seems like the door is still open for Andrei to compete for a Worlds spot. Although whether Sweden 2021 even happens is still doubtful, it would surely be a great redemption/morale booster if he manages to get selected. 🤞

Deciphering Youtube comments with my extremely meagre Russian, he seems to be gaining more appreciation this season :)
I don't look at YouTube comments, but before I shut them off during the events, there seems to be growing interest/support and his IG is far more active, though they posted nothing from him as a message yet (or at least not since the last time i've looked), just loaded the support messages on the story reels. But he needs a success in the Cup of Russia now more than ever. Which, well, obviously what he wants, but we'll see.

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
And another alas, alas :ghug: still hoping though. Fingers crossed for the free, but it is likely not going be his year.

Flying Feijoa

On the Ice
Country
New-Zealand
Good thing Andrei is not a Russian Lady, he has time to realise his potential. Hopefully he can get comfortable with the 4F/senior level by next year. At 17, as long as he stays healthy and willing, he'll have 2-3 shots at the Olympics. And many more for Worlds!

Anyhow good luck to Andrei for tomorrow's Team LP, hope gets that 4F and if not, at least charms the socks off new fans :D

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I remember how last year he managed to win in the end over Kagiyama, so I am waiting with bated breath for tomorrow and not in any way to detract from Semenenko’s wonderful skate, but I think Mozalev’s commitment to choreography just really put him apart today. I believe 🙌

also, it’s been a while since the last cake, so if not tomorrow, then when? 🌹

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Alas, no miracle, but maybe next season will help him stabilize the flip and bring back the clean ☺️🙏