Andrei Mozalev | Page 59 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Photographers little by little are tidying up and posting the photos they shot, and fans are posting fancams. So there will be a series of "let's go back and reminisce" posts in the near future. Today let's remember the show in Khabarovsk. I can't say if it was as good as show in Omsk, but in Omsk it was fantastic.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Mozalev exercises in the gym and waits to be on vacation 🌴

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Some photos from St. Petersburg show 05/07/2023

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia

Good news for Andrei, if I remember correctly, this is the first time his name was printed on the poster and not hidden under the meaningful "and others".

Last night Andrei left for vacation. I wish you a good rest, Andrei, get through summer camp preparations and perform the show refreshed and well-rested!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Hi everyone, I decided to do the long-promised red-eye-hand photo ranking and selected the best photos of the past season, ranking them according to certain criteria that I suggested myself.

Here are the criteria I came up with:

1. The hand should be the focal point of the photo, the center of the composition (optional).

2. it shouldn't look like part of a costume or an inanimate outgrowth on a skater's hand. The hand should look like a living creature.

3. There is a lot of choreography in the program, where Andrei "animates" the hand, and many pictures of these movements. I see this as a kind of cheating - half of the work for the photographer does the model.

4. I don't know how to describe it, but ideally there should be some kind of dialogue, communication between the Hand and the skater.

5. Finally, the photo should be beautiful.

Of course, this is just my rating, your opinion might be different from mine. You might want to swap the photos, well, that's fair too.

Since I don't like to post everything at once, let's dedicate the next 10 days to this rating. I will post one photo a day with a little commentary.

Here we go!

#10 #9 #8 #7 #6 #5 #4 #3 #2 #1

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
#10 Poetic photo by Divine Melody

As I wrote above, I excluded from the contest photos where the interaction between the skater and the animated hand is clearly part of the choreography, a learned movement. This picture is teetering on the edge, but I still included it in the rating because the choreographer's intention here is not so obvious, and the fact that you managed to catch such an intricate face play is very cool. I put the photo in last place, because the hand doesn't look really alive, it's more like half-living, and it's not really obvious whether Andrei is interacting with the hand or just enjoying stroking himself on the face.

The glove is made of velour, right, Andrei? :LOL: I hope it feels good.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Have a wonderful vacation, Andrei!
May all worries leave you for this time and life be bright and joyful. Buy the sunscreen with the strongest filter and beware of sharks, there are a lot of them near the shore.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's time for my Red-Eye-Hands photo rating!

#9. Stylish photo by Daria Isaeva

This photo is incredibly beautiful, I really like the color combination, the light and the composition. I put it at the end of the rating for the same reason as the previous one. The hand doesn't look completely "alive" in the photo 🤔

Otherwise, it's a great photo, one of my favorites of the season.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Let's move on!
#8. Accidental photo by Alexander Mysyakin

I think there's nothing wrong if you inspired by Guillermo del Toro. Life giving you a good angle, it`s ok. Many photographer has been tempted to photograph the eye on Andrei's hand so that it replaces Andrei's eye. But this photo looks the least successful of all and ranks the lowest in the ranking. Nevertheless, the hand looks alive, and this photo is interesting.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
No news yet, let's go back again. Photos from the 2019-2020 season. Andrei Mozalev and Alexander Selevko at JGP in Riga, 2019.

From the FSO forum (user`s personal archives)

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Early morning seems like a great time to do what you failed to do in last evening.
So, it's time for a new ranking photo, here we go!

#7. "OBEY" photo by Divine Melody

Photo from the same series. Obviously, when Andrei tried on the costume at the beginning of the season, he was counting on getting as many funky photos with his hand off the pedestals as possible. The photo is groovy, but a little creepy. There is a lucky coincidence of angles again, so this is seventh place.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Ilya Averbukh's show in St. Petersburg, 05.07.2023
Andrei Mozalev and audience in the "Ice Palace"

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
We're almost halfway there. Let's find out who was able to get close to the top five, but fell just short of it.

#6. Controversy in the photo by Daria Isaeva

The most successful photo in the "we've seen Faun's Labyrinth too" series. There is expression here, movement caught, facial play (the part of the face that we can see play well :laugh:). The Guillermo-del-Toro angle is not the main trick of the photo, so it is rather embarrassing. However, there is something philosophical about it: the hand paralyzes Andrei's will and leads him along. I don't know about you, but I feel the aggression of the soul in the hand. Mozalev, if you're still in control of your body and mind, blink twice... ah, too bad we can't see your eyes. Sorry, kid, the exorcist is confused and doesn't want to do anything 🔥

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
#5. "What is this?" photo by Irina Sharova

This photo is so high in the rankings because the photographer was able to capture the intricate play of Andrei's face. I love the mixture of confusion, amazement, distrust and fear on Andrei's face as he notices the rebirth of his hand. I probably digress from my principles voiced earlier, yes, the hand doesn't look quite alive, but Andrei makes us look at it as if it were alive. Unlike the choreography, which is easy to decipher and shoot, the face play is not so easy to catch, which is why the photo is in the top 5.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Photos by Mikhail Sharov from RusNat SP. Part 1

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Photos by Mikhail Sharov from RusNat SP. Part 2

In this photo you can see every Mosalev`s rib.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Good evening, we continue our red-hand-eye rating! The top three leaders are getting closer! In 4th place are two photos at once, because I couldn't choose.

#4 "Almost got it" photo by Daria Isaeva

Here I`m posting two photos at once, which are undoubtedly beautiful, full of dynamics and convey the right emotions, making you believe in a live independent hand. Here there is a dialogue between the skater and a part of his body, by the story endowed with consciousness and will. But there is one thing that in both cases prevents me from recognizing the photographs as perfect - the circumstances, let's call them that.
The first photo was obviously taken while Andrei was performing a spin, and the specific facial expression may not be part of the acting at all, but a physical reaction.
In the second one, the final pose is taken; I can't help but think that Andrei is tired, that he is not happy with himself and his skating, as usual, and that is why he has such a sad expression on his face. Perhaps he's not thinking about it and is immersed in the game, but I can't know that for sure.
That's why both pictures are in 4th place. Daria can do better - and she could do better, you'll see.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev and Alexandr Galliamov play beach soccer 🏖️ ⚽

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei Mozalev and Alexandr Galliamov play... something with a soccer ball and a volleyball net 🤔 sepak takraw?

boys were having fun, the rest is unimportant.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
That`s red-hand-eye rating, and we move to top-3!

🥉#3 "Help me" photo by Alexander Mysyakin

This is a photo really filled with energy and movement, conveying emotion and acting. I believe that Andrei's hand has found its own will and is dragging him along, causing him suffering that he cannot stop himself. Of course, the actor does half of the work, but catching the right moment is the photographer's hard work.

Last edited: