Andrei Mozalev | Page 64 | Golden Skate

Andrei Mozalev

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei in Ch.1 Cup. Group photos and wefie.

fla5skUErT4.jpg

9xSGuN0Fukw.jpg

Uwa2NeAPE9o.jpg

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Going back home

Now until the end of the summer Andrei trains on home ice in St. Petersburg.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The summer travels are over, everyone is back home, which means that very little news from Andrei awaits us before the test skates of the St. Petersburg team. We won't be bored. I decided to say goodbye to the 2022-2023 season and do some more photo and video rankings. This is our entertainment for the month. We'll just pass the time while we wait for news about next season's programs (they say the information will be out soon, but who knows...). I'm also hoping for more videos of Andrei's jumps, I love that he's jumping flip again.

Let's start with the 2022-2023 short program photo rating. This story is similar to that of "Juno and Avos." This program is Kirill Davydenko's favorite work. He has long dreamed of giving some skater "Kashmir" by Led Zeppelin, but he didn't have any fitting athlete. After Andrei went to the 2022 Olympics, Kirill decided that Andrei as an Olympic athlete had gained enough experience and tried to make a program for him. Choreographers Denis Lunin and Igor Kasheev agreed with the coach's opinion that Andrei could show a new image, unfamiliar to him. There were many doubts, the team had backups in case Andrei couldn't done interpretation of the music. But they liked what they got. This program was quite successful during the season, Andrei rarely made any gross mistakes. On Ch. 1Cup this program was performed almost flawlessly and got more than 104 points.

This program is very relaxed, bluesy, but it has toughness, dynamics, and continuous rapid forward motion. Andrei's soft movements and his wide steps look very advantageous here. I also really like the curved, unfamiliar steps sequence. Overall, this program doesn't have a deep plot like Kerber, so I will focus not on Mozalev's acting, but on the choreographic "things" of the program, that made it memorable.

This will be the top 10, but for some positions I chose a few photos that seemed equally worthy, so the total number of photos will be more than 10. I'll start with a photo that didn't make the ranking, but caught my attention because it contradicts the overall style of the program. Whatever the plot is, when our little blues kid bounces over the ice, he transforms from a dancing rebel into a masterful graduate of ballet school. It's very clear that the choreography was taught to him by a ballet master.

"The Graceful Jump" by Alexandr Mysyakin

#10 #9 #9 #8 #7 #7 #6 #5 #4 🥉#3 🥉#3 🥈#2 🥇#1

In case you missed it, here's my FS photo rating.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is a ranking of the photos of LZ Mozalеv program, and we're starting at #10!

#10 "Give someone a kick, son."

I ranked the photos primarily on the basis of "does this photo say anything about the uniqueness of this program or not." Therefore, the ranking didn't include all photos of Andrei's spread eagles and other elements that he uses quite often. The features of this program are in the original choreographic solutions. Usually, Andrei has a lot of choreographic elements, which he performs by sliding on one leg, but such elements in the "kung fu" style I haven't been met yet. Divine Melody, an amazing photographer, managed to catch two similar moments. In one photo he poses as a wrestler and clenches his fists, the other is more graceful, but both show us Andre kicking the air. It looks somewhat funny and goofy, but we don't see Mozalev goofing around very often. Have fun, kid, you're playing a teenager, not middle-age man!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Congratulations to all sports journalists on World Sports Journalist Day! I express my deep respect to all those who write about figure skating professionally, especially those who were figure skaters themselves in the past and achieved a lot, like Ted Barton. Thank you for making our favorite sport appealing to so many people.

A special thank you to those journalists who try to get the introverted Andrei Mozalev to say something, which is a very difficult challenge. I'm posting a few interviews from the junior seasons, when an embarrassed Andrei didn't say much at all 😆

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
We continue the rating of Andrei's short program photo! On the ninth position are two photos at once, but since they have different authors/moods, I think each is worthy of a separate post.

#9 "Naughty boy" by Olga Timokhina.

This is what I think of when I think of this season's SP Andrei - the overall mood. Despite the fluidity and swagger of Andrei's movements in this program and his typical restraint in presentation, this program definitely has a light, adolescent and goofy mood. Hence all the fan edits on this SP to other upbeat 80's music and modern pop. This guy charms the girl he likes with a peacock dance on the dance floor, maybe she'll agree to go out with him next Sunday after that. This is a performance dance, a gimmick dance with a poker face. I was now thinking that this program has good potential to turn into a showcase number that will be different from all the sad and dramatic show numbers of Andrei.

In this photo, Olga Timokhina was able to capture the atmosphere of teenage fun, and that's what the LZ program will be remembered for, so it should definitely be in this ranking.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei gives a master class to the health minister. This slim athletic lady is very lucky to get an outstanding coach.

8pip4qHPI08.jpg

evyaHcIjCtI.jpg

A bit of information

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
#9 "Rapid" by Maria Evteeva

There is a lot of impetuosity in LZ's program, a lot of forward motion. No one has managed to catch as many moments of this continuous movement as Maria Evteeva. In this picture, Andrei doesn't look like a figure skater, more like a speed skater or short track skater getting ready for the start. Not many people could pay attention to it, so this photo should be in our ranking.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
"Yes or no?"

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Alexandra Trusova decided to start a career as a singer and recorded a song and a music video.
Vladimir Litvintsev did a cover of this track.
Andrei Mozalev and Alexander Galliamov took on the role of musical critics 🧐:rock:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
We continue the LZ ranking, and this is the eighth position!
#8 Let's Dance! by Maria Evteeva

Maria Evteeva is very talented, she was able to see Andrei's program from different sides, to see both the aesthetics of sport and the aesthetics of dance. The frame is a captured moment - the spirit of 80's dance. I hope that in the rhythm-dance of the next season there will be a lot of similar pics-mood!

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei was included in the main list of the St. Petersburg team. Congrats! He deserved it.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The LZ rating tends toward the zenith, and it's number 7!
The position is called "wide steps," and here again we have two contestants. Interestingly, one photo was taken by a brother and the other by a sister.
The pictures are a little different in mood, so I suggest we look at them separately. Let's start with the photo taken by the brother, Mikhail Sharov.

#7 "Overcoming Resistance" by Mikhail Sharov.

These choreographed steps after changing the music from "I can't quit you, baby" to "Kashmir" are remembered by every viewer, this is what I think of when I remember the program under LZ. The photographer managed to successfully capture this moment, so this photo should have made it into the rankings.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The first practice of physical exercises in the home club after the summer travels.
Welcome home, boys!

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The photographers are going through their archives in the off-season, so... Welcome back to 2020, to RusNat2021.
De Sade short program

Pt.1.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
De Sade short program
Pt.2.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
This is the 7th position of our LZ ranking, Wide Steps category. And the second nominee to share this position with the previous photo is

#7 "Show yourself goods by face" by Irina Sharova.

This is the mating dance of a young grouse, as I've written before. The teenager wants to get a girl's attention and is showing off on the dance floor - we've seen plenty of examples of these enticing dances, from downright silly to quite good ones that could be repeated. This movement is also a kind of peacock courtship ritual. Mozalev's restraint and introverted coolness in this case is for the greater good, as he doesn't overstep his bounds by turning the program into outright tomfoolery. And it is in these moments that something elusive appears in him that we haven't seen before. Not only can he focus on how he feels and talk to himself on the ice, but also he can start a conversation with the world, albeit in such a funny way. If that's what they wanted, they got it. This photo of a noteworthy choreographic moment from Irina Sharova makes it into our ranking, because these moves are what I think of when I think of this program.

Last edited:

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
Andrei on home ice with coaches.

EIlEtacyBnU.jpg

l_hesn9aGE8.jpg