Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Angela Nikodinov's Mother Dies in Car Accident

SingAlto

On the Ice
I heard a mention of this accident on a Portland TV channel as I was flipping through the channels this afternoon. I didn't hear them mention that Angela and her family were involved. Poor girl, my heart goes out to her and her family. :cry:

Eeyora

Final Flight
I feel so awful. This poor girl has been through way to much. I am in tears for her.

Doggygirl

Record Breaker
Sailor, thanks for posting this link...

Keep trying. I was just able to get in. I'm sure it's a spike in traffic (understandably) that could not have been predicted.

This is a reminder to me about cherishing my remaining time with my own Mom. We never know. All we can do is live each moment to the fullest with the people we love the most.

DG

Lanie

On the Ice
I feel so horrible for Angela. She's one of my favorite skaters...first losing Elena, and now her mother... bless her heart, poor thing. I feel so awful and admit I cried upon hearing this. :cry: Prayers to her and her family of course, especially her poor father...

bronxgirl

Medalist
My deepest condolences to Angela and the entire Nikodinov family. What a horrible time for this tragedy to occur. :cry:

mzheng

Record Breaker
I'm heart broken for her. She is withdrawn from competetion. She suffered so much.

Lotta

On the Ice
Oh my gosh... the poor girl... and I was so waiting for her appearance at Nationals after that wonderful comeback in Skate America.

Holy S--T. :cry: :cry:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Angela and her family are in my prayers. How horrible for her to have another tragedy associated with skating. This certainly puts things into perspective as to what is really important.

Vash01

Medalist
Thanks for the link. I have sent my condolences to Angela and her family. It must be so difficult for them all! It is unimaginable.

Vash

jesslily

Final Flight
I am so shocked for the news...Angela has alway been my favorate skater...she's such a beautiful llady...how could she and her dad cope with this sudden tragety...I wish Angelar can keep her skating career going... This is the best love to her mom...

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so tragic. Angela has been through so much. :cry: My thoughts & prayers are with her & her family.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One of the guys I work with his mother was killed in a car accident right before Thanksgiving. He said he and his father were hanging outdoor decorations on the house when the Highway Patrol told them the news. He was telling me that he still has not shed a tear over it. He and I talked about being in shock. Anyhow, I guess the reason I told you that is possibly when Angela's coach died and she lost someone so dear to her it could help her now to deal with the loss of her mother. It's all so tragic though. Prayers to Angela and her family.

Dee

2ndmark

Rinkside
I would think that being there... being a part of the actual accident... would intensify the trauma even further. It is all just crushingly sad. One moment the thrill and anticipation of competition, the next, devastation. It really does remind us how fragile life is and how your world can change forever in an instant. She has always seemed to be a strong individual, but one wonders how much this young woman can endure. Words are superfluous at this point, but my heart truly goes out to her and her family.

Although I would think skating is far from her mind, there have been threads on other boards speculating over the possibility that the USFSA might give her a bye to Worlds.

Jhar55

Medalist
When I read it today at work I ws kind of shocked like just about everyone else. And Yes she did withdraw from what I read on USA Today web site. IMO don't think she will compete anymore. It's sad she was having a good year. :cry:

JOHIO2

Medalist
How incredibly sad. I've never met Angela or her mother, but people I've talked to at various competitions always mentioned her mother as such a nice person.

I sent a note of condolences on Angela's site and hope many more GS members do too.

As for a bye to worlds......I doubt that Angela would want to go or would accept under the circumstances. And I wouldn't be surprised if this marks the end of her competitive career. I hope it does not, but we have no idea how this will affect this remarkable young woman.

Now, the ISU should certainly invite Angela to compete in next season's Grand Prix. After all, she was the gold medalist at Skate America.

I know it's selfish, but Angela, your fans would like to see you skate again.

kyla2

Final Flight
SailorGalaxia518

Thanks very much for the link to that condolence page. I sent a message to Angela also.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This is so tragic. I can't believe it is yet another trial that Angela has to go through.