Anna Pogorilaya | Page 98 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Alifyre

On the Ice
So I've been away from GS since Anna's announcement mostly because I've been too heartbroken for her to know what to say. Anna was the skater that got me into skating, and a season without her was simply shocking to me. But today she posted on her instagram story an image of her with her cat at home with a little smile, and it made me so happy to see her I had to come here. It's so hard to see her struggling this much, especially when at her best she could contend for an olympic medal, but Anna seems like she is still strong and able to stay positive, so I want to do that too. I'm glad to see that she's resting, that she's at home where she can be comfortable, and that she's in good enough spirits to share a little smile with her fans. I have hope, and I think she'll be ok. I can't wait to see her recover and where she goes in the future, but right now, I just hope that she has a restful, fast recovery and lots of time to snuggle with her cat in the process.

cronos27

Rinkside
I am detaining with your way to see anna, she is one different to the other skinners, she gives beauty and passion to the skating and i would have her to decide retired it she needs a new coach who knows how to deal with her and let her be

cronos27

Rinkside
I saw that fot a while ago and it also made me feel better for her, I love anna she is great and a tender girl, she merce the best deserves to be happy and deserves that her dreams come true

jiawen2016

On the Ice
But today she posted on her instagram story an image of her with her cat at home with a little smile, and it made me so happy to see her I had to come here. It's so hard to see her struggling this much, especially when at her best she could contend for an olympic medal, but Anna seems like she is still strong and able to stay positive, so I want to do that too. I'm glad to see that she's resting, that she's at home where she can be comfortable, and that she's in good enough spirits to share a little smile with her fans. I have hope, and I think she'll be ok. I can't wait to see her recover and where she goes in the future, but right now, I just hope that she has a restful, fast recovery and lots of time to snuggle with her cat in the process.

I love seeing how chill Anna looks, snuggling with her cat Michael at her cozy home. She's so beautiful as always! It made my day seeing her in a good enough mood to post her first Instagram story! She seems to have found her inner peace, and I have no doubt about how resilient she is to come back strong. I'm just happy seeing how she enjoys her life now, without the pressure of having to constantly prove herself to the judges and the RUS Federation. Sure, it would be probably one of the greatest regrets in her life to not have made the Olympic team, but she fought the best she could, and she has achieved a lot in her sports career that she should really be proud of herself. C'est la vie, but life goes on!

cronos27

Rinkside
I love seeing her calm face too, Anna is a beautiful woman is a very special being and I will always wish her the best of the world, she needs to recover and if she still loves to come back with all her strength, she will know that better things await her.

Alifyre

On the Ice
So apparently TAT had some nice things to say about Anna during Russian Nationals. I think the thing that got to me the most was how she said (roughly translated) "your place is on the ice" about Anna. No matter what Anna chooses to do, people love her and want to see her happy and healthy and skating again. It makes me happy to hear that such a powerful voice in Russian skating is so supportive of our Anna!

Here is what was said, roughly translated courtesy of GS user TryMeLater:

She said something along get well soon, get your nerves under control.
If you choose to return to competitive skating than we will all help you to get back on form. If not you will still be a great show skater.
Your place is on the ice, get well and come back soon.

It's not an exact translation but a summary of the stuff she said.

Alifyre

On the Ice
So Anna posted a photo that makes it look like she's going back on the ice. She also looks very fit, so I think some of earlier discussions on if her weight/bust were changing may have also come up with her team and been addressed. Here's to hoping she's gotten the medical attention she needs and that she and her team will make careful decisions about her health going forward! I really hope she comes back from this even stronger!

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What a wonderful photo of Anna. She still has so much to give, and I am really hoping for the best for her for next season.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
What a wonderful photo of Anna. She still has so much to give, and I am really hoping for the best for her for next season.

I second this and hope that she would apply a steadiness of Satoko's comeback on ice - no rushing, just building herself up and forward, with hunger for skating first, then for competition next. I believe that this time taken off competition and constant pressuring herself will get her right perspective, much needed rest and will ignite even bigger fire for her to skate - more for her personal confidence than others' expectations for her.

skatespin

On the Ice
I so hope to see Anna make a good comeback. I still feel like that 3rd Olympic spot was meant to be hers and I feel like there is a void on the Russian team being sent.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I am getting the feeling that taking some time off from competing is doing good things for Anna - she's been posting instagram stories pretty much every day of her doing things like spending time with friends, playing with animals, and otherwise enjoying herself. She's staying in shape based on the pictures of herself she posts from the gym, and I would bet she's doing a lot of physical therapy. I really hope she comes back from this refreshed and rearing to fight with renewed energy from this period of recovery. I'm super glad to see that she seems to be doing well!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
I am getting the feeling that taking some time off from competing is doing good things for Anna - she's been posting instagram stories pretty much every day of her doing things like spending time with friends, playing with animals, and otherwise enjoying herself. She's staying in shape based on the pictures of herself she posts from the gym, and I would bet she's doing a lot of physical therapy. I really hope she comes back from this refreshed and rearing to fight with renewed energy from this period of recovery. I'm super glad to see that she seems to be doing well!

Wow, just saw a photo of her with Anna Semenovich. Looks like she attended an ice show. She clearly has the potential to become the next Semenovich, but I would love to see shining on the ice again before going on that route. Agree that she seems doing really well and enjoying her life! Wish to see our queen Anna back on the ice soon!

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Life is just so unfair sometimes. I look at the European Championships Ladies entries and all I feel is sadness. I look at the entries of the Olympics, and all I feel is sadness. Because it's so hard to accept, that she's not there. That it's probably not going to work out for her to go to these major competitions again. She is so talented and so much better than that. I just can't keep any excitement for any Ladies' event anymore, because she's not there. It sucks and I miss her. Oh, Anna you deserved the top of the podium. You're the Olympic Gold medalist of my heart!

clflowers

Rinkside
I just wanted to echo your post and feelings about Anna. It’s not easy for me to become personally invested in a skater, but with Anna I was truly won over as time went on and that makes it very difficult to accept that we may never see her again skating at a major international competition (I don’t mean regular Grand Prix assignments). I so badly want to be wrong about this! Her situation reminds me of an interview with Mishin where he actually used the word “tragedy” pertaining to how easily an extremely talented skater can be pushed aside for a younger, extremely talented skater in Russia. I believe he said, “We are not frugal” with the talent available in the country. Anna has so much to offer the skating world with her powerful ice presence, artistry, and all-around beauty. We’ll just have to wait and see how her story unfolds, but I’ll be rooting for her whether success or struggle, joy or sadness, victory or defeat.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I heard Anna's tango SP music from last year and, of course, immediately thought of her. I felt sad too, because it reminded me of how many programs there were last year that really captivated me. Hers was one of them! I fell in love with it immediately at her first Challenger event in the fall. Miss you Anna! :sad4::console: