Anna Pogorilaya | Page 99 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

Artemisa

Final Flight
She is young ... puberty is already gone ... she has almost more 9 months before for the begining of next year competition and to get welll.... don't be so pessimist and rush ... give her time ...

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It's another sad news, but she has to search for doctors to cure her. If the medical service of Russia is not enough for her, she may need to find experts overseas like Plushenko, but that means a lot of medical expense can burden her.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
:(

Each time I saw her fall, I was worried she is gonna harm herself in some horrible way. She was always so elegant and the movements were on the point... but when she started falling it was terrifying.

I hope she can recover and come back stronger and more secure.

jiawen2016

On the Ice
It makes me sad and relieved after reading her recent interview. So sad that she had to suffer so much both physically and psychologically, and not being understood or getting the support she needs :cry::

"Honestly, I even went out on the ice, but all I could do was slide, make simple rotations. And even after such training began to twist his back. This is a constant pain, sometimes just unbearable. "

"And at the same time I was pushed all the time: get up!!! get up!!! I was first crying when something went wrong, but then at some point I started laughing. Hysterically. I realized it was wrong, but I couldn't change a thing by then"

" I was also told that I am a hysterical person, although in normal life no one can call me that. When I told my reactions to the German doctor, he was very surprised. Said: 'Your back is always very badly hurting, of course, nervousness in this regard is increased, it is absolutely natural.'"

"'It's a hard question, will I be cured?' I really want to recover and I want to continue skating. I have not thrown out my skates, I have two more pairs of new ones. I just do not understand what to do with my back. Physiotherapy and massages - they no longer save."

At the same time, she sounds like such an intelligent and thoughtful young adult, almost 20-something, and seems to view things critically with an open mind:

"And what, I wonder, will be with the athlete then, if he, broken-broken, will remain an invalid after the Olympics? Yes, the Olympic Games are the peak, this opens up certain opportunities for a person. Just a few then even after the won Olympics can somehow open themselves in another life."

"This is probably understandable: people are eager to return to the time when they were the first, they want to feel that drive again. Therefore, many can not stop. Although the fate of all is different."

"Probably, it's just that I always talked more with adults, starting with school. When all the classmates were going out somewhere, I sat at extra lessons at the school. It was more interesting for me to talk with a teacher in literature, in history. They, apparently, also liked talking to me. Or maybe now it's just a period when I can see everything from the side. When you see everything from outside, it is easier to understand what and how best to do it. Inside the situation, a person does not always make the right decisions. Although about the right - too, everything is relative: what's right, what's wrong. Well, it's already if you just go into the philosophical jungle."

"What do you think about when you watch her ride?"
- That women's skating still has a chance.

Seeing how Anna finds some comforts from spending time with her cat on her instagram stories makes me believe that things are not that bad, that she will recover and live a fulfilling life!

cronos27

Rinkside
I think that thousands of thousands of people around the world feel exactly the same as you, we miss her a lot, she deserved much but much more positive things, she deserves to smile with an Olympic medal, we all love her

Alifyre

On the Ice
gofundme is always an option. This thread alone shows she has many concerned fans.

From what I understand, the Russian fed has said that they will pay for Anya to get the treatment that she needs, or at least that was their position as of this Fall. In the interview she said that she had a German doctor, so I imagine she has been taking advantage of that offer.

It makes me sad and relieved after reading her recent interview. So sad that she had to suffer so much both physically and psychologically, and not being understood or getting the support she needs :cry::

"Honestly, I even went out on the ice, but all I could do was slide, make simple rotations. And even after such training began to twist his back. This is a constant pain, sometimes just unbearable. "

"And at the same time I was pushed all the time: get up!!! get up!!! I was first crying when something went wrong, but then at some point I started laughing. Hysterically. I realized it was wrong, but I couldn't change a thing by then"

" I was also told that I am a hysterical person, although in normal life no one can call me that. When I told my reactions to the German doctor, he was very surprised. Said: 'Your back is always very badly hurting, of course, nervousness in this regard is increased, it is absolutely natural.'"

To be honest I almost cried reading this interview, it reminds me so much of being injured myself and crying about the pain and no one taking it seriously. It absolutely crushes me to think that she was being called hysterical and having her feelings undermined when she was in such pain. It's really shocking to me that she was allowed to compete at all if she was having such intense emotional reactions to her physical suffering even throughout the summer. I know she says in the interview that she's reconciled with Tsareva, but I still hope she moves to a team that takes her feelings and pain more seriously if she is able to continue. I'm very glad that the doctors she's been seeing have been giving her better support and validating her feelings -- it absolutely is frustrating and upsetting to have your body betray you! I think being emotional in her situation makes complete sense.

That said, I love that she still thinks she has more to give to the sport, and that she feels that if she comes back she can be competitive again. That's the sort of fire she needs to hold on to if she's going to make it through this recovery process. I just pray that her drive doesn't push her to try too much too soon. Anna really has a special presence on the ice and I think she's right to think she can contribute a lot if she recovers. Her maturity and emotional depth really get at the artistic side of the sport, and losing her I think would deprive skating fans of something special.

No matter what, Anna will always have a special place in my heart as my first favorite skater, and I hope things get better for her.

Santey

Match Penalty
Why did she give interview to such phob as Vaytsehovskaya !?!
I know she says in the interview that she's reconciled with Tsareva, but I still hope she moves to a team that takes her feelings and pain more seriously if she is able to continue.
Perhaps. We have very popular adage - "Нервные клетки не восстанавливаются" - in English it means something like "nerves cannot be restored".

Alifyre

On the Ice
I was just considering my Olympic podium wishes for another thread and it hit me that I really don't care nearly as much about the ladies field without Anna. Certainly there are other wonderful women in the sport doing great things that I can get behind, but no one this season has given me the same level of spark that I got when I saw Anna's performance for the first time at last year's Grand Prix Final. It's truly an injustice that her injury was timed this way and that she won't be at the olympics. I miss her. Ladies skating just isn't the same without Anna's passion, fire, and beauty.

Alifyre

On the Ice
Sorry to post twice in a row, but I came across a post on tumblr that says that Anya will be participating in an ice show this weekend (2-3 February). It's one of Plushenko's, which to me could be a good sign that she's making connections with other big names in the skating world and might be able to move training bases. Either way, I really hope she's healed enough to give a good performance, as the heartbreaking interview about her physical state came out just two weeks ago... I am worried though, if at the time of her interview she was still not diagnosed, I really don't want her pushing herself to be on the ice before she needs to be. I am both excited and nervous to see what comes of this.

LRK

Record Breaker
I'm hoping that it's a good thing - maybe Plush could help her in regards to advice on what doctors to see about her back.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
but I came across a post on tumblr that says that Anya will be participating in an ice show this weekend (2-3 February). It's one of Plushenko's, which to me could be a good sign that she's making connections with other big names in the skating world and might be able to move training bases. Either way, I really hope she's healed enough to give a good performance, as the heartbreaking interview about her physical state came out just two weeks ago... I am worried though, if at the time of her interview she was still not diagnosed, I really don't want her pushing herself to be on the ice before she needs to be. I am both excited and nervous to see what comes of this.

I'm hoping that it's a good thing - maybe Plush could help her in regards to advice on what doctors to see about her back.
Can it really be true? Is she fit enough for ice shows?

I agree Plushenko might be invaluable to her, given his history...

Alifyre

On the Ice
Can it really be true? Is she fit enough for ice shows?

I agree Plushenko might be invaluable to her, given his history...

I checked her VK group and not only is she performing in this one, she's also in one in Nizhny Novgorod February 25, also with Pluschenko. I really really hope people take fan videos, I'm dying to see how she's doing. I really want to take it as a good sign, but after those interviews and knowing her history of pushing herself through injury I can't help but worry about her... But hopefully there will be more news soon.

LRK

Record Breaker
Hopefully she won't push herself with the jumps - Adelina has been performing without jumping, so I hope she will too.

ejnsofi

Final Flight
I wonder if she will consider switching the country. Skating for Ukraine maybe. But will they ever release her.

I believe they would release her but there is different problem - money. Anna right now receives state scholarship and part of her expenses is covered by government money. For sure she wouldn't get the same kind of support in Ukraine. I think Bychenko said in one interview that he switched Feds as he felt further development was impossible in Ukraine.

charlotte14

Medalist
I believe they would release her but there is different problem - money. Anna right now receives state scholarship and part of her expenses is covered by government money. For sure she wouldn't get the same kind of support in Ukraine. I think Bychenko said in one interview that he switched Feds as he felt further development was impossible in Ukraine.
Yeah but with the junior girls being so strong right now, the chance for her is getting much slim...