Anna Pogorilaya | Page 100 | Golden Skate

Anna Pogorilaya

ejnsofi

Final Flight
Yeah but with the junior girls being so strong right now, the chance for her is getting much slim...

If she changes feds her chances won’t be any better. Sure she will be on national team but she will lose huge support and I don’t know if Ukraine would pay for her training in Moscow. Not to mention she would lose PCS boost from being from influential federation.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
If she changes feds her chances won’t be any better. Sure she will be on national team but she will lose huge support and I don’t know if Ukraine would pay for her training in Moscow. Not to mention she would lose PCS boost from being from influential federation.

You know, I have always wondered if a top skater changed the country they were skating for, would their PCS suffer a hit compared to their previous PCS? I'm not sure there's many examples of actual top skaters doing so to be able to compare how much their PCS would suffer. But if it happened, it would be such an example of judging being done not by what you do on ice but by what your flag is.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I don't think it would happen, as Anna wasn't 'favoured' in PCS anyway. She was treated as Russian number 3 and nothing special all along.

Alifyre

On the Ice
I don't think it would happen, as Anna wasn't 'favoured' in PCS anyway. She was treated as Russian number 3 and nothing special all along.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you on that one; I always felt Anna was kinda lowballed on PCS for what she was putting out on the ice. The prospects for her may be a bit dim, but we all know Anna has a fighting spirit and I really want to believe she can make it happen for herself again, provided she recovers. Despite not being heavily favored by her fed or the judges, she won a world medal, several european medals, and a gpf bronze. She's used to that underdog spot, and has proven that she can work with it before.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Has anybody seen her performance? If so, how was she? Is there any video of her performance in this ice show that I can see?

No, she wasn't in the show after all. All this talk about switching feds seems pointless if she's not even healthy enough to skate in a show. I am sorry to be pessimistic, but after what we saw happen with Adian and Alexandra Proklova, I will be very surprised if she can ever compete again.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
No, she wasn't in the show after all. All this talk about switching feds seems pointless if she's not even healthy enough to skate in a show. I am sorry to be pessimistic, but after what we saw happen with Adian and Alexandra Proklova, I will be very surprised if she can ever compete again.

While I agree that health is the very important thing for any athlete, Pitkeev and Proklova are neither a World nor a GPF medalist unlike Anna. They didn't even establish themselves in seniors and underwent serious surgeries. Though they are still very young, so we never know about their future as they have tried to seek their love for skating in other disciplines. Moreover they are not of Ukraine heritage to get their visa from the country that Anna can. Fans can dream anything and suggest things when our favorite is in a corner.

Azikin

Medalist
Moreover they are not of Ukraine heritage to get their visa from the country that Anna can. Fans can dream anything and suggest things when our favorite is in a corner.

I'm not sure this is even a consideration but it's true that if all girls are healthy (and I hope they will be), making the Russian team next season will be insanely difficult..

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Didn't get a chance to post about it before, but did you see the Instagram post that our Anna put up on Friday?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Be_An-sh6Ye/

A couple of photos of Anna[SUP]2[/SUP] being all luvvy-duvvy. :luv17:

So, I take it that puts an end to our, well, hopes for them splitting up. :disapp:

The caption was actually a good luck message for the Russian team: "good luck to our guys, the whole country with you", according to Google Translate. And it had the hashtag "Russia in my heart".

So, I think that is a sign that our other idea isn't going to happen either.

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
What Anna posts on her social media lately makes me really happy. I think she's moved on. Honestly, even if we never see her again (And I'm kind of reminded of her being so gorgeous at Art on Ice last year, around the same time....) I'm confident, she'll be happy. And that's honestly the most important thing. Sometimes I believe us fans put more importance on the figure skating career than the skaters themselves. I just want a healthy and happy Anna. And she didn't look happy at the last competitions we saw her at.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Anna has been added to this year's cast of Fantasy on Ice in Japan!!! She was a great success last year, if you remember! This gives me hope that we'll see her again next season and maybe her back is better now? But even if not in a competitive setting I'm just super happy we get to see her skate again!:yay:

Alifyre

On the Ice
Anna has been added to this year's cast of Fantasy on Ice in Japan!!! She was a great success last year, if you remember! This gives me hope that we'll see her again next season and maybe her back is better now? But even if not in a competitive setting I'm just super happy we get to see her skate again!:yay:

She posted a pic on her insta story recently that, according to google translate, said "slowly getting back into shape." Between that and the interview she gave, I don't think Anna has given up on skating just yet! I'm not sure if we'll ever see her be top 3 in the world standings again with all the depth in Russia and the difficulties of a back injury, but I think Anna really does love to skate and doesn't want to give it up. When considering her future, I always think back to her performance of "The Rose" last year over the summer and the pure happiness that was on her face as she finished. While she may be enjoying her life in the off season now, and deservedly so, I know that skating also brings Anna great joy. Even if she retires now and becomes a show skater, I would be happy just to know she's staying on the ice and living out her passion.

Azikin

Medalist
I also hope to see her competing again... Especially that the next season it may not be as difficult to make the Russian team as the seasons after that... when certain amazing juniors will be eligible for seniors...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Wishing Anna the very best. She is such a beauty and warm person. I have a stiff back every day but i live with it. I cant imagine what its like for a top athlete like Anna to have a back injury and back pain. Terrible.