Announcement NT 2020 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Announcement NT 2020

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Noemie, Nicole, Sondre and Jenni - all my wishlist come true!

(Well, not completely, but I can understand why Reed/Ambrulevicius wouldn't be there given they haven't been able to consolidate their coaching change yet, so singles wishlist it is.)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Actually, there's a surprising number of men I'm likely to watch in this one - Sondre, Doc Valtter, Graham Newberry and Paul Fentz! Hope they don't end up too spread out across the event, purely for the sake of my viewing convenience. :laugh:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
FYI that Dutch ice dance pair doesn't sound very Dutch! And it isn't. It's Hungarian. ;-)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
I would have definitely been interested in going, if the event was open to the public :sad4: I am so jealous of some of my friends who can apply for accreditation!!!

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
my boy Matteo Rizzo will be there! :luv17: and not even a pandemic can keep Eva Lotta from competing :laugh:

icetug

Medalist
So many interesting entries... Deniss & Alexia for the first time as the team mates :luv17: Eva-Lotta & Selevko Brothers :luv17: Eliska & Jiri (assume Matyas is in the USA?) :luv17: Noemie & Noah Bodenstein (his first senior competition!) :luv17: Sondre, Paul & Valtter :luv17: Hungary's Regina & Julia :luv17: Annika/Robert and Martin Bidar & his new partner :luv17: Sasha/George :luv17:

Good luck everybody!

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
I have to say, I don't recall a simple entries list ever making me so happy to see! :sad46: I hope all skaters are safe and the competition goes well. I have a feeling the GP organizers are going to watch this event closely to see if it can work or not.

icetug

Medalist
Why the is no russian figure skaters at Nebelhorn 2020?

There are no Japanese either even though Koshiro and Rika are in Europe. Japanese Fed decided not to give assignments for challengers this season so maybe RusFed did the same?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And where are all the French skaters?

There's a French ice dance team. The Masters de Patinage (early October) may be too close to the Nebelhorn dates for most of the French skaters to do both, though.

As for Russian skaters, as Russia is outside the EU and Schengen Area, the border controls and quarantine requirements for entering Germany would be disruptive of their training and counterproductive to their domestic seasons, so it's no wonder there aren't any listed.

Country
Norway
There's a French ice dance team. The Masters de Patinage (early October) may be too close to the Nebelhorn dates for most of the French skaters to do both, though.

As for Russian skaters, as Russia is outside the EU and Schengen Area, the border controls and quarantine requirements for entering Germany would be disruptive of their training and counterproductive to their domestic seasons, so it's no wonder there aren't any listed.

And if they were to open for countries outside the EU and Schengen Area, it would be required a certain transparent system to be sure that the information given about the situation in Russia is correct. I havn´t been studying the information recently, but I recall that there has been serious doubts from the beginning that Russia is reporting the correct numbers. At least the number of deaths, and probably also the numbers of reported cases. And doctors trying to speak out about the real situation in the hospitals have been silenced.

Just by studying the numbers compared to a lot of other countries, the death numbers has from the beginning been very low compared to number of infected, and it´s very suspicious.

As it seems the possibilities to travel in the future will rely on countries reporting real numbers I´m not sure how many countries would open for Russia.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
And we have our first change to the entry list already - in Ladies, Schermann (Hungary) is out, replaced by Hendrickx (Belgium) - she must have been first on the reserve list, but I hope she's not pushing herself back into competition too fast!

Orchidea

On the Ice
And we have our first change to the entry list already - in Ladies, Schermann (Hungary) is out, replaced by Hendrickx (Belgium) - she must have been first on the reserve list, but I hope she's not pushing herself back into competition too fast!

oh so glad for Loena! Watching her Insta posts it seems she feels good and quite good shape also.

LadyB

Record Breaker
No Russians, but three Mozer Teams and Paul Fentz will do it for me. Piper & Paul also can't come to one of their fave events. I'm in, it's not the most exciting line-up, but I'm grateful for anything these days.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Some updates to the entry list:

Ladies: Gerli Liinamae (EST) has withdrawn.
Men: Sondre Oddvoll Boe (NOR) has withdrawn. :sad21:
Pairs: Hamon/Strekalin (FRA) and Antoine/Pierre (FRA) have been added.
Dance: No changes.

FYI that Dutch ice dance pair doesn't sound very Dutch! And it isn't. It's Hungarian. ;-)

They've recently changed federations and are indeed now representing the Netherlands!

Country
Norway
Some updates to the entry list:

Ladies: Gerli Liinamae (EST) has withdrawn.
Men: Sondre Oddvoll Boe (NOR) has withdrawn. :sad21:
Pairs: Hamon/Strekalin (FRA) and Antoine/Pierre (FRA) have been added.
Dance: No changes.

They've recently changed federations and are indeed now representing the Netherlands!

Oh no, so sad to see that Sondre has WD :( Maybe the Norwegian skating union doesn´t allow skaters to go to countries listed as red, as Germany is not recommended to travel to right now according to the goverment. As mentioned earlier he could enter Germany without quarantine, but has to go into quarantine when returning to Norway with todays situation. I was so looking forward to see the new programs!

I was afraid that this could happen, but was hoping for the best of course.

Of course there could be other reasons as well. Hope he will be able to go to another :(. Maybe the one planned to be held in Hungary.

MaHa75

On the Ice
I dont know about Norway but lot of countries replacing 2 weeks quarantines with covid test! Especcialy it should be everywhere available opportunity for athletes!