Announcement NT 2020 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Announcement NT 2020

Country
Norway
I dont know about Norway but lot of countries replacing 2 weeks quarantines with covid test! Especcialy it should be everywhere available opportunity for athletes!

Well there is no problem getting a test now in Norway, you can even do it when arriving at the airport. But if you come from one of the countries which is listed as red, you still have to take the minimum of 10 days quarantine (not 2 weeks here) regardless of a negative covid test. It´s because you can test too early. There have been cases in Norway where people tested negative the first time, but a few days later a new test showed a positive result.

So to replace quarantine with one negative test is not an ideal situation because it could give a false feeling of being perfectly healthy and you carry on living a normal life and transmit the virus to others before you develop symptoms and have a new test.

As for now, there are no options for norwegians athletes to replace quarantine with a negative covid test.

I´m not sure if it is the quarantine which is the reason why Sondre has WD from NB. The problem would not be restrictions going into Germany. I was actually sure he would take 10 days of quarantine after returning from Germany because he needs to get the minimum TES for WC which has been his ultimate goal the last season, and getting them would totally by worth 10 days of quarantine. Considering there are not many other chances earning minimums the upcoming months it seems strange. Therefor i´m wondering if the union is saying no, and that they have a policy that they will not send athletes to countries which the government has advised against going to.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I’ll take your word for it, btw, I don’t have instagram so cannot read the link.

Sorry! This is the text from the post:

jakucsgalliskatingteam
You didn't hear of us from a while. A lot has happened to us in the last 2 years. But there was something constant, our enthusiasm and love for skating.
We are honored to represent the Netherlands in competitions from this season. Thanks to the federation for their trust and support. #KNSB
#jakucsgalli #netherlands #iceskating #icedance #figureskating #isu #athletes #icedancecouple #neverstop #edeaskates #mkblades #risportskates

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Kewl. I haven’t the foggiest how that sort of thing works, btw. Am I to assume that one of the two skaters has dual nationality?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Kewl. I haven’t the foggiest how that sort of thing works, btw. Am I to assume that one of the two skaters has dual nationality?

I have absolutely no idea, but I would presume it would make the process much easier if one had!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Apologies for the double post! The German Federation has released the coloured time schedule for Nebelhorn on its website, with some small differences from the provisional schedule published in the Announcement.

ETA: I just noticed another change to the entry list.

Ladies: Lea Johanna Dastich and Nargiz Suleymanova (GER) are out and Nathalie Weinzierl, the substitute, is in.

surimi

Congrats to Sota, #10 in World Standings!
Record Breaker
Bless them. Watching the test skates just intensified my thirst to watch skating. And having seen the non-existing masks at the Russian test skates, I am glad there is no audience here. Although I am sure Germans would have made masks mandatory, *and* made sure everyone present had them donned properly.

viennaskater

Medalist
There's a French ice dance team. The Masters de Patinage (early October) may be too close to the Nebelhorn dates for most of the French skaters to do both, though.

As for Russian skaters, as Russia is outside the EU and Schengen Area, the border controls and quarantine requirements for entering Germany would be disruptive of their training and counterproductive to their domestic seasons, so it's no wonder there aren't any listed.

The Russians don't normally go to Nebelhorn anyway, they go to the Nepela Trophy in Bratislava. Mind you, Nepela's been cancelled this year :mad:, so they have to wait a bit to compete this season. The only time in recent years I remember Russians at Nebelhorn was in 2017, when Tarasova/Morosov competed for an early face-off with Savchenko/Massot prior to the Olympics!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish competitors had a deadline for updating their music details! So many of them haven't done it yet...

The Russians don't normally go to Nebelhorn anyway, they go to the Nepela Trophy in Bratislava. Mind you, Nepela's been cancelled this year :mad:, so they have to wait a bit to compete this season. The only time in recent years I remember Russians at Nebelhorn was in 2017, when Tarasova/Morosov competed for an early face-off with Savchenko/Massot prior to the Olympics!

Makar Ignatov and Efimova/Korovkin skated there in 2019 and Artur Dimitriev, Alina Zagitova and Efimova/Korovkin in 2018.

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
More entry list changes:

Lea Johanna Dastich and Nargiz Suleymanova (both GER) have withdrawn, and Nathalie Weinzierl )also GER) is in. Allison Krystle Peritcheto (PHI) is out.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Three more withdrawals in Ladies: Leitgeb (AUT), Hendrickx (BEL) and Ostlund (SWE). The total number of entrants is now down to 24.
One withdrawal in Men: Belohradsky (CZE).
No changes in Pairs or Dance.

Country
Norway
Oh no, I was so looking forward to Loenas comeback. She looks so strong in IG-post!

I guess it is the way the pandemic evolves, quarantines and governments not recommending travel to have an impact of skaters WD? Probably most of the skaters/or skating unions think the risk too much?

I´m wondering how this event will turn out.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Oh no, I was so looking forward to Loenas comeback. She looks so strong in IG-post!

I guess it is the way the pandemic evolves, quarantines and governments not recommending travel to have an impact of skaters WD? Probably most of the skaters/or skating unions think the risk too much?

I´m wondering how this event will turn out.
I’m thinking some of the assignments might have been provisional - names put in just in case the skaters were ready in time. I’m sad that Loena’s not there yet, but given how recently she’s got back on to the ice and how long she was off for, I’m not entirely surprised that she might not be fully ready to skate two competitive programs yet.

She seems cheerful on her Instagram, so I’m guessing at least she isn’t injured again.

Ostlund I am surprised about. With the other Swedish skaters still listed that isn’t a matter of travel restrictions, so I’m hoping she’s okay. She had a rough time with injuries last season.

Country
Norway
I’m thinking some of the assignments might have been provisional - names put in just in case the skaters were ready in time. I’m sad that Loena’s not there yet, but given how recently she’s got back on to the ice and how long she was off for, I’m not entirely surprised that she might not be fully ready to skate two competitive programs yet.

She seems cheerful on her Instagram, so I’m guessing at least she isn’t injured again.

Ostlund I am surprised about. With the other Swedish skaters still listed that isn’t a matter of travel restrictions, so I’m hoping she’s okay. She had a rough time with injuries last season.

Good points. I checked the entries list after I wrote the post and you are right about the other Swedish skaters still going so it can´t really be a matter of restrictions. I also was surprised by Ostlund because she seemed prepared, but there might be an injury yes :/

It is easy to forget that Loena has been out for a while. Maybe she also needs time to prepare programs. Technically I think she looks really good. Her lutz looks amazing and it seems her Biellman is back also, but you know, we don´t see every training so it could give the false impression.

Most skaters probably doesn´t feel well prepared. For me it is easy to forget that they havn´t had the normal preparing, as most of the skaters missed the first weeks or even months off season preparing, but since they have been back the recent months it doesn´t seem they missed so much. Also changing the way they prepare will effect them, as most of them hasn´t been able to go to summer camps as planned.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Two more withdrawals from Ladies: Lang and Szigeti (HUN). They may end up skating at Budapest Trophy instead?

No changes in Men, Pairs or Dance.

Country
Norway
Well that is a good sign! I guess this is really going to happen 🙂 I see the first event will already start on Thursday and i´m guessing some of the athletes may arrive in Oberstorf pretty soon! This will be the first event outside Russia that will be held since the pandemic started? At least with skaters from different countries!

I´m so excited. I have marked the event in my calendar on Thursday and the countdown has started!

So this is a Challenger-event, and normally an event to earn technical minimums for WC and EC. Does anybody know how this will work this season? And if they can earn the minimums- have they decided yet what the minimums will be for the upcoming season?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So this is a Challenger-event, and normally an event to earn technical minimums for WC and EC. Does anybody know how this will work this season? And if they can earn the minimums- have they decided yet what the minimums will be for the upcoming season?

So long as the competition has the required number of tech panel members and judges from different countries (all tech panel members and all judges), and skaters/pairs too, skaters here can get tech minimums for Euros/Four Continents and Worlds (though Four Continents isn't relevant to any of the skaters here now that Allison Perticheto has withdrawn). They can also get official PB scores. There won't be any World Standings points awarded, though.

The info on officials isn't on the results page yet, but they have enough skaters from different countries that they should be able to provide at least six and probably seven judges from different countries for all disciplines to get valid TES minimums.

Country
Norway
So long as the competition has the required number of tech panel members and judges from different countries (all tech panel members and all judges), and skaters/pairs too, skaters here can get tech minimums for Euros/Four Continents and Worlds (though Four Continents isn't relevant to any of the skaters here now that Allison Perticheto has withdrawn). They can also get official PB scores. There won't be any World Standings points awarded, though.

The info on officials isn't on the results page yet, but they have enough skaters from different countries that they should be able to provide at least six and probably seven judges from different countries for all disciplines to get valid TES minimums.

That is what I thought also. So I think it will be possible. I have addressed the topic in the thread for the race to the minimums for season 2019/2020. It would be nice to know also what this season requirements would be, but i´m guess if nothing has been said from ISU then we must assume that it will be the same as before.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
That is what I thought also. So I think it will be possible. I have addressed the topic in the thread for the race to the minimums for season 2019/2020. It would be nice to know also what this season requirements would be, but i´m guess if nothing has been said from ISU then we must assume that it will be the same as before.

I seem to remember reading that the TES minimums for this season have been derived from the highest scores in each discipline at Europeans/Four Continents, but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it!

ETA: I remembered where I read it (the SIS selection criteria for international competitions in 2020-21), but what I was remembering was actually the minimum entry scores (TSS) for the Grand Prix, which were set at 3/5 of the highest score in each discipline at Europeans/Four Continents 2020: Dames: 144.49; Messieurs: 179.65; Couple: 140.75; Danse sur glace: 132.25.

However, that document did lead me to ISU communication 2332, which I'd seen before but forgotten, and which states that

4. ISU Figure Skating Championships 2021 – Minimum Total Element Scores
The Council decided to keep the same Minimum Total Element Scores necessary for participation in the 2021 ISU Figure Skating Championships and earned at competitions in the season 2019/20 and in the season 2020/21 as approved for the 2020 Championships.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I seem to remember reading that the TES minimums for this season have been derived from the highest scores in each discipline at Europeans/Four Continents, but I can't for the life of me remember where I read it!

ETA: I remembered where I read it (the SIS selection criteria for international competitions in 2020-21), but what I was remembering was actually the minimum entry scores (TSS) for the Grand Prix, which were set at 3/5 of the highest score in each discipline at Europeans/Four Continents 2020: Dames: 144.49; Messieurs: 179.65; Couple: 140.75; Danse sur glace: 132.25.

However, that document did lead me to ISU communication 2332, which I'd seen before but forgotten, and which states that
Thank you. A bit confused now, but it seems the minimum will not be raised, it will be the same for this season for the championships, except GP?