Announcement NT 2020 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Announcement NT 2020

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Thank you. A bit confused now, but it seems the minimum will not be raised, it will be the same for this season for the championships, except GP?

Yes, that's what I understand too. GP minimums (which are TSS minimums) have increased from last season, but Euros, Four Continents and Worlds minimums (TES minimums) are the same as previously.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I´m going too. :)😃
I still not know how much of the competition I will be able to see, but perhaps I will make some practice reports.
I've just started a practice report thread in case you or anyone else are able to do so! :)

Andrea82

Medalist
So long as the competition has the required number of tech panel members and judges from different countries (all tech panel members and all judges), and skaters/pairs too, skaters here can get tech minimums for Euros/Four Continents and Worlds (though Four Continents isn't relevant to any of the skaters here now that Allison Perticheto has withdrawn). They can also get official PB scores. There won't be any World Standings points awarded, though.

The info on officials isn't on the results page yet, but they have enough skaters from different countries that they should be able to provide at least six and probably seven judges from different countries for all disciplines to get valid TES minimums.
Panels have been published and they are ok.

Technical panels are
Italy-Great Britain-Germany for Men
Switzerland-Germany-Austria for Ladies
France-Great Britain-Germany for Pair
France-Germany-Netherlands for Ice Dance

Judges are

Men: Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey, Italy, Estonia
Ladies: Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Denmark
Pair: Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland,
Ice Dance: Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Germany, Netherlands (only 6 here but 5 is the minimum for having minimum TES recognized. Two German judges but as long as they don't have the majority of the judges it is ok).

Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Panels have been published and they are ok.

Technical panels are
Italy-Great Britain-Germany for Men
Switzerland-Germany-Austria for Ladies
France-Great Britain-Germany for Pair
France-Germany-Netherlands for Ice Dance

Judges are

Men: Czech Republic, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Turkey, Italy, Estonia
Ladies: Netherlands, Switzerland, Austria, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Denmark
Pair: Italy, Netherlands, Estonia, Austria, Germany, Czech Republic, Switzerland,
Ice Dance: Germany, Switzerland, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Germany, Netherlands (only 6 here but 5 is the minimum for having minimum TES recognized. Two German judges but as long as they don't have the majority of the judges it is ok).
Thanks for this! I wasn’t expecting the info to go up til tonight. Even given the decreased number of countries being represented, they’ve put together panels with pretty good coverage, it seems. They must be bound and determined to make this competition count for TES minimums and PBs (as they should; it may be the only international competition some of these skaters get to this year).

Country
Norway
This is great! It also actually looks like the have divided the groups after WR, so the best skaters will be in the last group. I doubled checked that i´m in the same time zone so I don´t get the starting time one hour wrong 😂 (I have done that before with some of the events because I have just assumed that when it´s in Europe it is the same zone, but that is not always the case..)

Country
Norway
What are your predictions for the podium btw? I guess there won´t be this prediction games this season because there is so much uncertain about the events and athletes.

Thought it might be fun to make a quick prediction.

In the ladies field I want to say Schott, Kiibus and Paginini on the podium, it might seem like the most obvious podium but everything can always happen. Saarinen and Brezinova might push one of the three off the podium. If I try to predict the gold, silver and bronze I would say Schott for the gold, Paganini for the silver and Kiibus for the bronze.

In mens field I predict Rizzo for the gold, Fentz for silver and.... Aleksandr Selekvo for the bronze, just ahead Vasiljevs in 4th place. Frangipani might get involved in the podium as well. Well I actually think it will me more unpredictable in the mens field and I think skaters like Nikolaj Majorov and Newberry could also be fighting for the podium after the short. I think Majorov might go for quads now, I have seen he has been practicing them and his triples all looked rock solid last season with good height and speed so I recon we might see a 4S or 4T from him.

All this said, I havn´t actually been paying attention to much of the skaters mentioned and how the off season have been, so I don´t know much about possible injuries and training session.

Ice dance and Pairs I don´t watch much so I don´t feel like making predictions.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
What are your predictions for the podium btw? I guess there won´t be this prediction games this season because there is so much uncertain about the events and athletes.

In the ladies field I want to say Schott, Kiibus and Paginini on the podium, it might seem like the most obvious podium but everything can always happen. Saarinen and Brezinova might push one of the three off the podium. If I try to predict the gold, silver and bronze I would say Schott for the gold, Paganini for the silver and Kiibus for the bronze.

In mens field I predict Rizzo for the gold, Fentz for silver and.... Aleksandr Selekvo for the bronze, just ahead Vasiljevs in 4th place. Frangipani might get involved in the podium as well. Well I actually think it will me more unpredictable in the mens field and I think skaters like Nikolaj Majorov and Newberry could also be fighting for the podium after the short. I think Majorov might go for quads now, I have seen he has been practicing them and his triples all looked rock solid last season with good height and speed so I recon we might see a 4S or 4T from him.

All this said, I havn´t actually been paying attention to much of the skaters mentioned and how the off season have been, so I don´t know much about possible injuries and training session.

for ladies i'd say Paganini and Kiibus on the podium for sure (if Eva Lotta don't bomb...), Saarinen has a good shot too, better than Schott i think, the Brezina sister has never been consistent in her whole life and a total mess in the last 2 seasons, so i don't think she is a factor.
in men the gold is between Vasiljevs and Matteo :)pray:) i don't know how Frangipani will do, i looked well last season in JGP in such a field might be a contender but lowballed by PCS (he is still a junior and i don't remember him in international senior competitions) also he isn't known for consistency :LOL: Selevko is a good bet too if doesn't totally bomb the fs, wich isn't a rare thing for him.
in pairs it will an all german duel; in dance i believe the Taschlers have a good shot for gold.

i forgot to mention these predictions could be veeeeery biased :LOL::LOL::LOL:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Country
Norway
for ladies i'd say Paganini and Kiibus on the podium for sure (if Eva Lotta don't bomb...), Saarinen has a good shot too, better than Schott i think, the Brezina sister has never been consistent in her whole life and a total mess in the last 2 seasons, so i don't think she is a factor.
in men the gold is between Vasiljevs and Matteo :)pray:) i don't know how Frangipani will do, i looked well last season in JGP in such a field might be a contender but lowballed by PCS (he is still a junior and i don't remember him in international senior competitions) also he isn't known for consistency :LOL: Selevko is a good bet too if doesn't totally bomb the fs, wich isn't a rare thing for him.
in pairs it will an all german duel; in dance i believe the Taschlers have a good shot for gold.

i forgot to mention these predictions could be veeeeery biased :LOL::LOL::LOL:
Reeally? :ROFLMAO:

You have some good points though. Brezinova has not been consistent yes, but you know, it is a weird year, maybe she somehow just figured it out (pun intended?)

Saarinen is also a bit inconsistent from what I can remember? Seems that the nerves can get her. But maybe she is more consistent this season. I wish for Selevko big brother (or he is the little brother?) to have two both fantastic skates. He usually has interesting programs. But of course I´d like Deniss on the podium :love:

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
I also think Matteo will win gold. Then I don't know. Deniss seems to have had good training conditions. No idea about the others. I hope Nikolaj can be one of the underdogs who medals. It's all so unpredictable. Here is Nikolaj's quad salchov attempt in practise.

Ok this was a replay to norwegianfairytail. I don't understand how to post and replay in the new forum... and how to find the emojis either oh well

Last edited:
Country
Norway
I also think Matteo will win gold. Then I don't know. Deniss seems to have had good training conditions. No idea about the others. I hope Nikolaj can be one of the underdogs who medals. It's all so unpredictable. Here is Nikolaj's quad salchov attempt in practise.

Ok this was a replay to norwegianfairytail. I don't understand how to post and replay in the new forum... and how to find the emojis either oh well
Ah yes, the quad salchow attempt is the post I have seen from Nikolaj :) It doesn´t look so consistent though, but he probably had some time work on it since the post. It will be nice to see!

The quote-thing I didn´t get first either. First you push quote on the post you want to replay and then you have to once again push quote in your own replay-textbox, and then push insert quote. Then you will see the quote and you can text your replay underneath. Looks like it´s a 3 step process. The emojis though you find in the top menu of the text box, just push the the smiley-button?

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Reeally? :ROFLMAO:

You have some good points though. Brezinova has not been consistent yes, but you know, it is a weird year, maybe she somehow just figured it out (pun intended?)

Saarinen is also a bit inconsistent from what I can remember? Seems that the nerves can get her. But maybe she is more consistent this season. I wish for Selevko big brother (or he is the little brother?) to have two both fantastic skates. He usually has interesting programs. But of course I´d like Deniss on the podium :love:
anything is possible :LOL: but i think Deniss on the podium is a lock, assuming he doesn't bomb, his pcs could narrow the gap with the quadsters and, let's face it, nobody here is the king of consistency :LOL: there may be surprises of course and ice is slippery as we all well know

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland

Oh, it's a pity you didn't speak up sooner when the entries were announced. Because, in what is sure to be a depleted season, it might have been fun to have a Predictions Game on the Nebelhorn.

Just so that you know, if the events happen, I am still planning on running the normal Predictions Games this season. We already know the Junior GP Game is a non-starter, but I am still on standby to hold the Senior GP Game, Nationals Game, Junior ISU Game, and Senior ISU Game.

Speaking honestly, though, I don't think any of the Games will be going ahead. It would be a very irresponsible event organiser who goes ahead with skating competitions when we are in the second wave of the virus.

In fact, I am surprised that this event is going ahead. But, since it is, I am going to make the most of it! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan