Any Sasha updates? | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Any Sasha updates?

antmanb

Record Breaker
USFSA doesn't choose which of their skaters goes where, though, I thought that was an ISU/Event invitation deal?

But if Sasha was their host pick then doesn't it stand to reason that if she withdraws they still get a host pick....do you think the USFSA would consider Emily Hughes as a host pick replacement (if they can of course).

Or even better Michelle Kwan :rofl:

Ant

Trewyn

Medalist
I for one would think it very cool that Emily Hughes would replace Sasha! But let's not get ahead of ourselves; still no formal announcement made... If made it should be sometime today; let's wait until iit's daytime in California :p.

justpat

Spectator
I for one would think it very cool that Emily Hughes would replace Sasha! But let's not get ahead of ourselves; still no formal announcement made... If made it should be sometime today; let's wait until iit's daytime in California :p.

I was excited when they added Sasha to SA since I will be there this year. She withdrew last time I went to SA in Pittsburgh several years ago. Now I may be disappointed again. :frown:
I don't think Emily can make it. She was 2nd at Regionals and has to be at Sectionals, starting Nov 17th.

R.D.

Record Breaker
They could give her (Em) the SA invitation and a bye through the sectional event...(?)

janetfan

Match Penalty
So is it official.......that we still don't know if Sasha will compete at SA? :p

Gotta love that little Sasha, always so full of mischief :laugh:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I guess no official WD announcement...I suppose USFS is waiting until a couple days before the event to announce her WD for the purpose of ticket sales... :eek:hwell:

Or, much less likely, the blogger is just perpetuating a rumor and officially, she is still planning on being there...

janetfan

Match Penalty
I guess no official WD announcement...I suppose USFS is waiting until a couple days before the event to announce her WD for the purpose of ticket sales... :eek:hwell:

Or, much less likely, the blogger is just perpetuating a rumor and officially, she is still planning on being there...

Maybe the blogger couldn't get tickets at the right price and started the rumor to try and get a better deal ;)

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Im hoping it is all a plan to get everybody hyped up to see her, let down by the rumors and finally thrilled to see her skate in any condition! She could really just show and do very little and still do well.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Im hoping it is all a plan to get everybody hyped up to see her, let down by the rumors and finally thrilled to see her skate in any condition! She could really just show and do very little and still do well.

I'm not getting my hopes up again. I almost prefer Sasha had just stayed in retirement and not done this to her fans. I am very disappointed with how she has handled her so-called 'comeback' thus far. :disapp:

I'm not getting my hopes up again. I almost prefer Sasha had just stayed in retirement and not done this to her fans. I am very disappointed with how she has handled her so-called 'comeback' thus far. :disapp:
Because if she has tendinitis it would be far better for her to hurt herself further and humiliate herself by skating badly than to pull out of a competition? Anything but disappoint her fans! :disapp:

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Because if she has tendinitis it would be far better for her to hurt herself further and humiliate herself by skating badly than to pull out of a competition? Anything but disappoint her fans! :disapp:

'if' indeed. Some question whether Sasha is indeed injured and I don't blame them. That being said-

I never suggested I wanted Sasha possibly hurting herself while competing injured-I said I am disappointed in how she has handled her comeback-two entirely different things.

And it seems I am not the only one put off by Sasha's decisions judging by comments all over this, and other message boards.

Last edited:

newvie

Rinkside
I agree with Sasha'sSpins...
The way Sasha handles with her comback is ambiguous and unprofessional.

The story with TEB was already quite ugly and controversial, but I tried to understand her. But again, she is not showing any clear sign for her participation in SA. I don't want her perform worsening her injury problems, but it's not like she's recently got injured. It's tendinitis that has kept bothering her. She should've announced her wd early enough so that another skater has a chance to compete in such a big event.

Well, she hasn't announced her wd yet so I wouldn't say any further, but her comeback story is not as beautiful as her skating.

katha

On the Ice
I realize that Sasha has a history of pulling out of GP events and no one has seen her yet. But what sort of credentials has this blogger that everybody just believes what's written there without question?

But then I also have difficulty blaming athletes and accusing them of making up injuries because they are too scared to compete. Even Sasha Cohen. So perhaps she sincerely wants to make a comeback but underestimated her body's readiness and in consequence injured herself. You might argue that this is bad judgment on her part, but IMO not really a nefarious scheme to disappoint her fans. Am I too naive to give her the benefit of the doubt?

kandidy

Final Flight
So if Sasha did hand the WD papers, why did SA has not reported anything? Last time, when did the TEB WD was announced before the real competition?

R.D.

Record Breaker
So if Sasha did hand the WD papers, why did SA has not reported anything? Last time, when did the TEB WD was announced before the real competition?

Probably ticket sales? They know if they announce her WD right now, tons of people who got tickets just to see her will sell them/cancel plans.

Or, I suppose it's entirely possible that the blogger was perpetuating a rumor/hoax and she still plans on being there (even if she's still half-injured) The field is lackluster enough that even a disaster from her shouldn't put her any lower than, say, 5th.

janetfan

Match Penalty
I realize that Sasha has a history of pulling out of GP events and no one has seen her yet. But what sort of credentials has this blogger that everybody just believes what's written there without question?

But then I also have difficulty blaming athletes and accusing them of making up injuries because they are too scared to compete. Even Sasha Cohen. So perhaps she sincerely wants to make a comeback but underestimated her body's readiness and in consequence injured herself. You might argue that this is bad judgment on her part, but IMO not really a nefarious scheme to disappoint her fans. Am I too naive to give her the benefit of the doubt?

:agree: :agree: :agree:

I think Sasha and Michelle boith found themselves in the same position this year. The old fire horse is put out to pasture...she hears the fire bell sounding in the distance...her ears prick up ... but... nah. :cool:

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think Sasha and Michelle boith found themselves in the same position this year.

And if you remember, that's EXACTLY what I suspected would happen...even if Cohen gets as far as the Olys (looking less and less likely), I think she would WD before the event.

Meanwhile, the rumors of her WD from SA intensify. Still tight lips from both USFS and "team" Cohen though.

Last edited: