Any Sasha updates? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Any Sasha updates?

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Spun Silver said:
Because if she has tendinitis it would be far better for her to hurt herself further and humiliate herself by skating badly than to pull out of a competition?
So true, Spun!!!

I have an idea. Let's wait until Sasha actually withdraws, then we can all complain. :sheesh:
......and then do the I Told You So Dance.

James R

Match Penalty
So true, Spun!!!

......and then do the I Told You So Dance.

Showing that you just want her to withdraw to be proven right. You don't care about Sasha, her fans, her career or her health. You just want to abuse people.

^ James, I think that Polymer Bob, Spun Silver and Dee were making fun of the people who have written Sasha off or want her to fail.

Spun Silver and Dee are two of Sasha's biggest fans on the board. :rock:

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/cohen-olympic-skating-2642482-world-sport

Seems Sasha's back with Nicks...

Now Mao needs to go back to RA.

Whoa. You just can't keep those two apart for long. I wonder how McLaughlin and Brubaker feel about this? I wonder if Sasha used the injury as an excuse to return to Nicks, and maybe all this was going on around the time of TEB which caused her unpreparedness. Wow, the Sasha drama and mytery just never stops. But I have renewed hope that we will indeed see her next week at SA!!!!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Spun Silver and Dee are two of Sasha's biggest fans on the board. :rock:

I always get a kick out of someone declaring a person a non-fan when in actuality they're a HUGE fan of the skater they supposedly detest... been there myself several times on this board :laugh: gotta find the humor in life, eh?

Last edited:

jjane45

On the Ice
(THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER) Olympic skater Sasha Cohen was the darling of the 2006 Olympics, and will compete again at the 2010 Olympics in Canada.
cough cough

feraina

Record Breaker
Actually, it is Caroline who could really take advantage of this situation. Lake Arrowhead is close to where she lives. She's going nowhere with Mingzhu Li. It'd be amazing if Arutunian can help her with speed and power, and basic skating skills. She really, really needs that.

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Drama!!!!! It sounds like she is going to show! I will be happy to just see her in a skating dress in a perfect spiral!!!!! She definitely was my major incentive to buy that ticket to SA.

Caroline should go to RA before someone else snatches him up! She also is a vision to look at in a spin or spiral.

R.D.

Record Breaker
cough cough

:rofl: :rofl: I know, he seems SO sure...

I wonder if Sasha used the injury as an excuse to return to Nicks, and maybe all this was going on around the time of TEB which caused her unpreparedness.

I suppose it's possible but she does have a history of being really injury-prone. she also has a history of WD from one or both GP events. You knew it was gonna happen anyway. I think the last time she actually did all the comps she entered in was what, 2003?

Although I'm starting to doubt the validity of the original WD claim, there's still the opportunity for a last-minute pullout (or WD after the SP like Meier did, or something).

Last edited:

R.D.

Record Breaker
Actually, it is Caroline who could really take advantage of this situation. Lake Arrowhead is close to where she lives. She's going nowhere with Mingzhu Li. It'd be amazing if Arutunian can help her with speed and power, and basic skating skills. She really, really needs that.

Is it really wise to do this so close to the Oly year though? I assume it takes time to get adjusted to a new situation, etc. It might be better as a "consultant" type of situation rather than full-time coaching.

prettykeys

Medalist
Every new interview with Sasha Cohen adds to my growing impression that she's very intelligent. Despite her inconsistencies and behind her doll-like appearance, she seems to have a lot of self-awareness and a grounded perspective.

It is interesting that going into her SP at Oly 2006, her confidence came together with her abilities. And then just before the LP, the commentators said, "She's not like how she was yesterday...there is doubt." It was that apparent, on her face. It's kind of a shame. I wonder if the outcome for her would have been different had she done the LP first and the SP the day after. Feeling that the Gold was so close probably freaked her out a little. Somehow, I still admire her.

Go Sasha. :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker

Lake Arrowhead is close as the crow flies, but if you live in LA you know that it would impossible for her to commute back on forth on a daily basis. Michelle trained in Lake Arrowhead, with her family living in the LA area but had to sleep up by the rink and only come home on weekends. I don't know if Caroline is ready for such a move.

herro

On the Ice
I'm really glad that she's back with Nicks. I think they get along the best. Artunian as more of her "technical" coach would work as well.

I can't wait until SA! I hope she competes, and I really think she could medal, especially because the field in general hasn't been too competitive yet (except for Kim of course). If no one else really steps up to the plate, I really think Sasha has a good chance at another medal at Vancouver.

R.D.

Record Breaker
But Cohen is not competing under 2006 Cop, she'd be competing under 2009 Cop and thus it shall be seen (or not?) as to how she'll be scored if she does her typical routines.

But if she's back to her old form I don't see her not medaling- at least in this field, anyway.

It does seem as if everyone not named Yuna Kim is struggling right now. The scores in the GP events so far have been dismal to average at best. But it's early- I think the bar will be raised very high come Jan. or Feb.

Last edited: