Anyone changing their username? | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Anyone changing their username?

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Erm, I actually thought it was your real name... :slink:
Hehehe. Well, perfectly logical assumption.
And thank you for sharing this story with us.
You're welcome. It's just that I only recently made the connection with the bear. Feeling totally stupid, hehe. Figure skating is my only sports-related fandom; I go by another nick in other circles, particularly TV series and movies fandoms, and Winnie was the only thing that I could think of that was sports related enough to use as a nickname whilst also sounding female enough. I didn't realize I'd named myself after a male bear. :laugh: But I'm used to the name now, so, yeah, sticking with it.

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Hehehe. Well, perfectly logical assumption.

You're welcome. It's just that I only recently made the connection with the bear. Feeling totally stupid, hehe. Figure skating is my only sports-related fandom; I go by another nick in other circles, particularly TV series and movies fandoms, and Winnie was the only thing that I could think of that was sports related enough to use as a nickname whilst also sounding female enough. I didn't realize I'd named myself after a male bear. :laugh: But I'm used to the name now, so, yeah, sticking with it.

Pegasus! :dance: Kewl nickname!

Firstly, I have to agree about "Pegasus" being a really cool nickname to have! Much better than any I have had!

But, I just have to laugh.

As you are not a fan of the bear, you probably do not realise the significance of the order you have witten those 2 back-to-back comments in, Winnie_20.

Although, to be fair, I didn't even know this until a couple of months ago!

Winnie the Pooh was named after a black bear that AA Milne saw at London Zoo. That bear was named "Winnie" because it came to London from Winnipeg!

Winnie and Peg

Talk about a coincidence!!!

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
A lot of fun stories here and comments too... Loved CarolLiza_fan's Peppermint Patty cartoon posts in response to PrincessRoja.... Made me smile..
Re "elbkup" Yah... He got tired of hearing "oh crap" over and over.... hehehe & TBH. not much has changed since I'm a dunce pertaining to all things IT

peg

Medalist
Pegasus! :dance: Kewl nickname!

Thanks! I adopted the pegasus as sort of a personal symbol over 20 years ago. It works well, because in the Chinese horoscope I'm a horse, and in the regular one I'm Aquarius, which is an air sign. So, a flying horse :)