Are Eurosport Covering Europeans??? | Golden Skate

Are Eurosport Covering Europeans???

ballerinagrl

Rinkside
Hi,

Just checked the Yahoo Eurosport pages online, only to find they no longer list figure skating as a sport (or if they do, I can't see it ;-) Am I being blind, or have they quit coverage?

Be grateful for any info
Thanks
Caroline

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Caroline, it's not prominent on the website but there's still plenty of figure skating on Eurosport, assuming they don't preempt it for snooker :scowl:. Anyway, their TV schedule indicates that they will show most of Europeans.

Engwaciriel

On the Ice
just realised though that the french eurosport (which i'm unfortunatly stuck with in belgium) is not showing the free dance or the ladies free until monday night, and then only an hour for each. Was thinking of getting the eurosport player, but not so sure anymore now..

Any other ways to watch the championship online? would be most thankful for any information :)

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
just realised though that the french eurosport (which i'm unfortunatly stuck with in belgium) is not showing the free dance or the ladies free until monday night, and then only an hour for each. Was thinking of getting the eurosport player, but not so sure anymore now..

Any other ways to watch the championship online? would be most thankful for any information :)

Do you get France 2 and France 3? If you do I know they're showing skating at 20h35, thursday 22nd on France 3 and at 20h35, Friday 23rd on France 2, respectiveley, I suppose, men's LP and the FD.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight

Ah, by the way, you might want to re-check their schedual on their website when' it's available, as half the time, the original schedual they release (and that you get in tv guides) is usually modified.

Trewyn

Medalist

Hey! I have the same problem! Haven't you wondered before why *every* European country gets access to Dutch Eurosport *except* Belgium where Dutch is actually the main language? I've considered writing a note to Eurosport to explain this basic geography to them. I find the French figure skating commentator so annoying! I would love to have access to the British commentary.
I'm also considering getting the Eurosport player... It's not expensive, so I guess maybe...

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Hey! I have the same problem! Haven't you wondered before why *every* European country gets access to Dutch Eurosport *except* Belgium where Dutch is actually the main language? I've considered writing a note to Eurosport to explain this basic geography to them. I find the French figure skating commentator so annoying! I would love to have access to the British commentary.
I'm also considering getting the Eurosport player... It's not expensive, so I guess maybe...

Really? I don't get dutch eurosport here in France. I suppose you mean most countries.

As for the French commentator, mmmm. I prefer Eurosport to our regular France 2 commentry, because on France 2, Philipe Candeloro has no respect for skaters or spectators because he talks all through out the programs, what's more to talk about irrelevant things. As for Eurosport, Philipe Pélissier is a right grumpy guts but at least he doesn't talk during the routines and does know what he's talking about (even though I don't always agree). Géraldine Ponse is just dead annoying because when she first started she didn't have a clue about figure skating and her comments are just really dumb. Plus, she's starting to get into the habit of talking during programs.

cocovica

On the Ice
http://www.artonice.it/?q=it/event
you find quite a lot. Otherwise there is the turkish TV on internet showing live
http://www.trt.net.tr/Canli/anasayfa.aspx?kanal=TV3
the most of the event. Not sure about what you will going to miss

There is also possible to watch Italian TV Rai Sport Pui trough the internet;)...

live stream is here: http://www.coolstreaming.us/forum/live-now/152801-raisport-piu-live-streaming.html (the schedule can be found on Art on Ice site:)

They are covering almost everything from this championships...

Also Slovak Tv (STV3) is going to stream live some parts of Europeans...the stream is possible to acess here: http://iserialy.sk/online-tv/online-tv-stv3/... they will show coverage except man short program....and there will be nothing from dance event:yes:... but it doesn't matter if it will be on Italian TV:p

Engwaciriel

On the Ice

I think you do get dutch eurosport if you live in flanders or have cable tv (in which case u get both). But it only seems possible to get the live player from eurosport in french over here. I do also find the french commentators very annoying ;)
Then there's also the problem in belgium with downloading limits, no way i'm i gonna be able to watch all of it online without using up the bandwidth..:cry:

antmanb

Record Breaker
When my parents lived in Belgium they did get Dutch Eurosport but they did live in the north very close to the Dutch boarder, and they may well have had cable TV.

I would recommend that you check through the tv listing for all the stations that you acn get - as others have pointed out you might be able to pick up some skating on Italian, French or German tv channels. I know that when I was in Belgium (back in 2000) french TV often had fairly comprehensive coverage.

For those with British Eurosport I think we have pretty much comprehsive live coverage of the whole event - bar one of the men's comeptitions (maybe the short) which is scheduled later in the day (which normally means it will get bumped when a live event like snooker runs on) and one other.

Ant

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
The Finnish broadcasting company YLE is showing all the events live (without commentary) on their site http://www.yle.fi/urheilu/suorat_lahetykset_netissa/
Men's short is on at 10.45 local time and pairs free at 6.20.

Thanks for the link, but I cannot see there a video. And the links on the side doesn´t work. :frown:

Can somehelp me?? Where can I see the Men SP on the Internet??

Thanks for your help. :agree:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Meli, I think if you click on the event you want to see (you can figure out which from the time and date) it might work.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Meli, I think if you click on the event you want to see (you can figure out which from the time and date) it might work.

I tried it. Media Player starts, but then there comes a sentence in Finish, and no Ice-skating. :cry:

"Tekijänoikeudellisista syistä videon katsominen ei ole mahdollista Suomen ulkopuoella"

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I tried it. Media Player starts, but then there comes a sentence in Finish, and no Ice-skating. :cry:

"Tekijänoikeudellisista syistä videon katsominen ei ole mahdollista Suomen ulkopuoella"
I'm guessing that means "Finland only". I'll see if I can find another feed.

antmanb

Record Breaker
:banging::banging::banging::banging:

$£%&ing EUROSPORT!

I'm so fed up with this now. I had 193mins worth of pairs SP recorded. Since we've had the "analogue switch off" video recorder no longer really work. So you hope that the SKY + recording will actually record the event. I suppose it would if Eurosport ever actually scheduled thigs correctly or updated their scheduling so that the SKY+ box could be told to carry on recording. My recoding ended as Kawaguchi Smirnov leave the the ice.

I don't even want to think about what i've undoubtedly missed of the Men's SP today.

:banging::banging::banging:

Ant