There's a few interviews related to Artur. I will post them in this thread. FP to Scheherazade
The vice-champion of Russia and Europe in men's figure skating last season, 16-year-old Artur Danielian, told Anatoly Samokhvalov about a successful operation in Germany for ankle problems and shared his optimism about his imminent return to the ice.
- Artur, as far as I understand, the operation in Germany was successful?
- Yes, that is right. I would not say that I feel relieved, but I am glad that the doctors identified the true cause of my ankle problem, because before that I had gone through a sufficient number of doctors, their opinions either converged or diverged, but, thanks to our federation, I was sent for a consultation at Munich. Thank you for helping with visas and flights as well. I flew through Turkey , but they didn’t want to let me into Germany for a long time. It was very difficult and funny to overcome passport control at the same time, demanded one paper after another, called the clinic. It was already physically difficult to return, since my leg was in a cast, but my sister and I, who flew with me, were lucky - we got three seats on the plane for two and I was able to comfortably position my leg. Now all that remains is to recover.
- You started the season almost as planned. Something went wrong?
- I already got in shape, everything was fine, I was preparing for the test skates, they put on a new free program, the short one was left the same. The leg bothered me, of course, but not so much that I paid much attention to it. But the loads were all the same reduced, then they were removed completely, again gained momentum. I trained in jumps, and at some point there was severe pain. They began to find out what's what.
- Did the Germans immediately understand what was the matter?
- Yes. Initially, our federation sent them my MRI scans, they looked and said that they understand this problem, that they need to come and, perhaps, they need surgery. We flew to Munich promptly, I was examined by Dr. Schneider , they made me a new MRI and sent me to a specialist who deals directly with operations and who operated on many football players and other athletes. He quickly figured out the specifics of my problem and literally in four days I had an operation. I lay in the hospital for a couple of days and was released.
- How is the rehabilitation going?
- Starting next week, it will be necessary to remove one part that fixes the ankle, and I will begin to gently stretch my leg so that it returns to normal. We coordinate all actions with German doctors, we receive their recommendations, there is no point in speeding up the training process. Of course, I would like to start working on the ice faster.
- Do doctors give forecasts for recovery and how serious is the problem now?
- They said that the problem was solved, it remains to adhere to the recommendations, and then everything will be fine. There are no specific forecasts yet, it all depends on how soon the leg will be developed.
- Does the situation threaten your sports career?
- No longer, everything is fine. The coaches asked me if I was ready for the operation or not, I answered without hesitation that yes. After all, I am only 16 years old, my whole career is ahead, I want to please and delight all my fans. And even before the visit to Germany there was no critical state of affairs, it was just necessary to do something.
- Is there a chance that you can compete this season?
- I hope so because I want to show a new free program, new elements that I would like to restore as soon as possible. In general, I hope for the best and I am sure that everything will be fine. I am always in touch with the coaches, they support me and are waiting for me to resume work.
- Many skaters miss the stages of the Russian Cup for various reasons, apparently, the selection for the Russian Championship will not be very strict. Do you dream to recover by December?
- I will do my best on my own, my coaches, my doctors, as well as German doctors will help me in this, and my leg, which, I hope, will go through a quick rehabilitation without problems.
- Tell us about the new free program.
This is "Scheherazade" staged by Nikita Mikhailov, the program includes three musical parts. The music is very cool, the program is pompous, the costume is awesome! It remains only to go to the start and show it.
- Do you follow figure skating of the current season?
- I follow everyone, sometimes even with tears.
- Even so?
- Little. I shed two tears before the September skates, at which I was as a spectator, because I was preparing for them as an athlete, I was ready to perform, but a couple of weeks before them my leg gave out, and I had to withdraw. Then he decided that the situation was not the end of the world, there was no need for tears, everything would be fine.
- Who do you admire this season?
- I am very happy for Misha Kolyada , he returned and skated both of his excellent programs very cool. The rest of the guys also made progress, they all grew up. Good luck to everyone and get along without injuries! The girls have such a struggle now that it is even impossible to single out someone, and not everyone has performed at the starts yet. We must wait for the Russian championship, when everyone is at their peak and can show their maximum.
- Is it surprising that the skaters managed to recover so quickly, despite the pause due to the coronavirus pandemic?
- No, it’s not surprising, after all, we all did every day, carried out several trainings a day, albeit not on ice. I managed to keep in shape, and then it was only a small matter - to roll out the skates, achieve proper coordination and enter the competition. In the meantime, I want to say thank you to all my fans - for their support, for waiting for me. I hope that after this interview the situation will become clearer to them and they will not worry about me so much. I would like to thank my coaches - Elena Germanovna (Buyanova), Marina Leonidovna (Selitskaya), Uspensky Alexander Sergeevich, Zavozin Maxim Igorevich, Irina Anvarovna (Tagaeva), our federation for their experiences, for their help and everyone, everyone, everyone. Time is very precious now, everything must be done quickly.
“I was pleasantly surprised by Artur's steely character, who was very focused and firm beyond his years in his decisions, realizing that we need to do everything possible so that the leg recovers. We, as a whole team, hope that all problems will finally pass us because I don't want the athlete to be constantly accompanied by pain. I understand that Artur is very tired of this and, thank God, that there have been dramatic changes, "Buyanova said by phone.
"I am very glad that he has such a core and a desire to return to the ice as soon as possible. Our team will make every effort to make Artur delight the audience again. Because he has been staged a very successful free program, and last year's short program has not yet exhausted itself. This season he a little different, God grant him patience and health ", - added the specialist. “On my own behalf, I want to thank the federation for the very prompt assistance in organizing the consultation and operation in Germany in such a difficult period when we all feared the closure of borders. I would like to say thank you to all Arthur's fans who always support him,” she said.
Yes, he is back at the rink training off the ice, or was a week ago when the photographer was there.
A figure skating photographer who is Artur’s fan met up and gave him presents. It’s great to see him! The photographer says that he is still rehabilitating but that he’s back to the off ice training.
edit: I first thought the photographer is back to the ice training, but I think she meant that he is back to the skating rink to train off the ice. I hope he will be able to have a healthy comeback and doesn’t rush too much
“If you go last, then you get to sleep in”.
So relatableWhen he talked about quarantine, he said that he started getting online dance lessons and that “he tried to practice jumps as much as possible, but he can’t just kick out the people he lives with, give them their beds and say ‘Goodbye’”.