Artur Danielian | Page 24 | Golden Skate

Artur Danielian

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
Gosh, to get through Russian Roulette, get into Senior Worlds, and get it cancelled.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gosh, to get through Russian Roulette, get into Senior Worlds, and get it cancelled.

At least he finished the season with a European silver! I guess he can compete with the senior guys next season on the senior GP as his top 24 WR and SB are 100% safe now. LOL

I wonder how they will determine GP spots for next year since Worlds can't be held prior to October and the assignments will be out by then? Like make the 6 medalist at Europeans/4CC all seeded (seeds 1-6)?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
At least he finished the season with a European silver! I guess he can compete with the senior guys next season on the senior GP as his top 24 WR and SB are 100% safe now. LOL

I wonder how they will determine GP spots for next year since Worlds can't be held prior to October and the assignments will be out by then? Like make the 6 medalist at Europeans/4CC all seeded (seeds 1-6)?

Wouldn’t they be able to just add extra entries if anyone medals who wasn’t previously invited?

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
I'm sorry, I don't know what you are asking.

Oh, if they do go for October 2020 WC, and they had already assigned the spots in July for GP, couldn’t they just add extra athletes if the WC results will be completely unexpected and one of the medalists had missed an assignment?

Danielian should get 2 spots regardless, right?

I’ll just go read the thread for GP predictions for how it’s going to work.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh, if they do go for October 2020 WC, and they had already assigned the spots in July for GP, couldn’t they just add extra athletes if the WC results will be completely unexpected and one of the medalists had missed an assignment?

Danielian should get 2 spots regardless, right?

I’ll just go read the thread for GP predictions for how it’s going to work.

Nah, they can work with what they have now. From the list of men and subs for Worlds, I don't expect anyone to medal who hasn't already been assigned a GP. Men are unpredictable, they are not that unpredictable. Plus a little thing like PCS will help the top skaters shall they screw up their TES.

And yes, Artur will have 2. He has a top 24 SB (#20) and when the world standings are recalculated, he will be #20, at least that's where I have him at. So he is good for GP.

ETA: nix that, recalculated the WR and Artur is at #16!

Sofia

Lil sweetheart has big ideas
On the Ice
Some 30 hours ago I was wondering whether Artur could catch the first day of official practice, as I found out Buyanova probably will be awarding medals at a novice competition (named after her) on the evening of March 15. The worry seems totally unnecessary now...

Truly sorry for all of you that planned a trip to Montreal. All the $$, time and emotions gone down the drain...

Now I'm still wishfully waiting for a reschedule of Worlds, for everyone who got their spots fair and square, and especially for Artur and my other favorites with absolutely no guarantee of another chance to participate/medal. But yes, I understand there's a big question mark over this option...

Still, the threat of COVID-19 is no joke at all (50 cases & 2 deaths in my home city even with early, proactive government intervention. Among those diagnosed is a colleague of my mom's who got his entire family infected and isolated). Who knows what's going to be like in the next 10 days, 20 days, 30 days where no sign of cluster infection is showing up atm...It's finally relieving that nobody will have to risk their health going through all this uncertainty.

Things aren't rosy in Moscow now. I wish Artur health first, and hope he and his entire team will handle the next season with discretion, Worlds 2020 rescheduled or not.

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
Oh my god, so cool!! I hope he will be able to stabilise it by the time the next season comes around :)

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist

AlimaAsh

On the Ice
Artur at the awarding ceremony of the Competition for the Prizes of the Honored Coach of Russia Elena Buyanova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cE1aV4CyE6w (Thanks to great Irina)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9uNNfrIdFI/

Awkward but cute :biggrin: Though the ceremony probably took place in the evening, it felt like somebody dragged him out of bed for this :dev3:
and that same sweater makes its appearance again...

Oh god, he looks so tired and cute! I do appreciate the way Artur is the ‘star student’ in Buyanova’s group though :)

Sofia

On the Ice
Oh god, he looks so tired and cute! I do appreciate the way Artur is the ‘star student’ in Buyanova’s group though :)

The "star student" status, that's for sure. And it's admirable that she's not in such a hurry to push him into stardom as she did with Kovtun. But he's got that potential, undeniably. If he keeps making solid steps towards his big goal, I believe everything will be in place eventually.

BTW, as someone who's never been Buyanova's fan, I have to acknowledge her special enthusiasm and investment into Artur. There's nearly the kind of sparkles in her eyes that she had when coaching Sotnikova, but I can't say I've seen the same from her with her other students.

Last edited:

Sofia

On the Ice
Buyanova interview on March 18, about her current students (Artur, Elizaveta Osokina, Brendan Kerry), ladies quads, age limit and coaching young kids. This journalist was quite meh:eek:hwell:
“It's funny to talk with Russian skaters about raising their age.” Buyanova about Danielian, reforms and quaternary

About Artur:
- Who else trains directly in your group, except for Osokina and Danielyan?
- Each coach has a generational change. Arthur somehow quickly burst in, but then the juniors, now there are more of them. We will watch how they will develop.

- Judging by the reaction after the rental of Arthur at the European Championships in Austria, you were very surprised at this result. Tell us about your emotions at that moment.
- Although he took second place at the Russian Championship in Krasnoyarsk, two venerable athletes, Samarin and Aliyev, went to Graz. Behind the scenes, it was clear that it was they who would give groundwork.
Our main task is to go and show ourselves and our maximum. Arthur fulfilled his specific goal. Thank god that happened. In arbitrary, I realized that mistakes were made, so I did not expect such a result. We did not see who skated like that. It was very nice, because in Austria there were many famous athletes.

- But Arthur did not qualify for the final of the Junior Grand Prix ...
- When an athlete performs at the stages and takes places on the podium, it is nice. It's a shame, this is just one start, where he did not get. But this is a sport, such a law.

- It seemed that for the championship of Russia Danielyan became more confident.
- He was very upset that he did not make it to the finals. Speaking at the stages and taking prizes, any athlete dreams of a finale. The situation was very unusual. Probably only five years later it will be repeated, but it hit Arthur exactly. He really wanted to get there, the second year does not work. I was very worried about this. Danielyan is a responsible guy, so we went out of this for a long time. Then some anger appeared, and he skated well at the Russian championship. At the adult tournament, nothing bothered him. Danielyan was easier than athletes who need to get to the start.

Sofia

On the Ice
Thank Google ;) I don't really know Russian except for a few words and phrases related to skating.