Artur Werner Worlds article (translation) | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Artur Werner Worlds article (translation)

Panther2000

On the Ice
curious said:
plushenko always had his own style,he is nothing like yags:biggrin:

Yeah, I will second that. But, on the Alexei side. :love: :p copies always loose something in the translation.

brad640

On the Ice
Panther2000 said:
I don't think that Plush is so much. But, more Mishin. Remember, mishin was talking alot ( & I mean Alot ) of smack( bashing Alexei) in the press & everytime you turned around in 2002. Plush was the current world champ & alexei had a poor end season that carried over into the goodwill games When he crashed head 1st into the boards while doing his 4/3. & once again Lost to Plush & hell Even Michael Weiss & came in 3rd at that event. So After the GPF, where alexei won & wouldn't comment on mishin. & after the Olympics Alexei let it all hang out. & Gave Mishin a tonge lashing. I think it is or was more about Alexei M. & Alexei Y. Boy, were those the good old days. :rofl:

I agree Panther, that those were the good old days. I loved watching Plushenko and Yagudin compete. There is no rivalry in skating now that is near the one they had. If Alexei had been competing at worlds this year, I don't think Plushenko would have withdrawn.

In some ways, the Mishin/Yagudin rivalry lives on with Y helping Joubert, who looked like Plush's closest rival until worlds. Also, I don't understand why Mishin distanced himself from Lambiel after Lambiel gave interviews crediting Mishin with helping him with his jump technique.

Panther2000 said:
Yeah, I will second that. But, on the Alexei side. :love: :p copies always loose something in the translation.
It is most common that a young skater look up to a champ and emulate his style. However, after a few years that same young skater (older now) has developed into his own style for the better or worse.

Yags and Plush were battling the quads and skating very similarly unter Mischin until TT got a hold of gladiators and a style difference emerged.

Joe