Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Ashley Cain-Gribble & Timothy LeDuc

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh no! Why would she hate herself or feel shame? No Ash!
She definitely shouldn't. Human emotions can really deceive us, though, especially if we're perfectionists or tend to be hard on ourselves. Which, well, perfectionism does tend to be a factor in figure skating.

Just the fact that she was brave enough to share that, though, is a step. Naming the demon, identifying it, is a way to gain control over it. Hopefully this is just a fleeting feeling, and she'll feel strong again soon.

DreamSkates

Rinkside
Country
United-States

ice_tulip

On the Ice
I noticed Ashley also posted a photo with Team USA at Worlds, but oddly enough, Timothy LeDuc (TL) wasn't in the photo. Since TL doesn't appear to have social media, it's impossible to know how TL is handling all this too. I hope they both are getting the love & support they need. I'm sure it was quite a traumatic experience for TL too. TL was skating so beautifully in the FP up to that point. I wonder what happened with Ashley in that program leading up to the 3rd fall. Was her ankle not fully healed from the Olympics which then made it harder for her to land the jumps? Was she trying compensate for the injury which caused a bad technique that led to the horrible last fall? Just such a sad situation all around.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I noticed Ashley also posted a photo with Team USA at Worlds, but oddly enough, Timothy LeDuc (TL) wasn't in the photo.

What a wonderful photo! What I love is seeing many hands on Ashley. So much support and love from the team members.

Someone asked in the comments "Where was Timothy?" Darlene Cain replied: "on vacation with their family already."

Since TL doesn't appear to have social media, it's impossible to know how TL is handling all this too. I hope they both are getting the love & support they need. I'm sure it was quite a traumatic experience for TL too. TL was skating so beautifully in the FP up to that point. I wonder what happened with Ashley in that program leading up to the 3rd fall. Was her ankle not fully healed from the Olympics which then made it harder for her to land the jumps? Was she trying compensate for the injury which caused a bad technique that led to the horrible last fall?

I think these are possibilities. And yet, I think it's possible she just doesn't know what happened.

I think of Anastasia Mishina's charming answer when an interviewer asked what happened with their (Mishina/Galliamov) fall in the Olympic Team Event FS.

I'm relying on my memory and on someone else's translation, but the quote was something like, "We don't know what happened. Everything was going well, and then you feel you are lying on the ice."

Everything can seem to be going well, and in a split second, it's not.

nguyhm

On the Ice
What a wonderful photo! What I love is seeing many hands on Ashley. So much support and love from the team members.

Someone asked in the comments "Where was Timothy?" Darlene Cain replied: "on vacation with their family already."

It's good to see Ashley being surrounded by love and support from her teammates. I won't lie that I'm a bit concerned that Tim was not there by her side (but on vacation already). I feel very bad for both of them and like them both - she mentioned her husband and family being supportive in her message but no mention of Tim..... (am I missing something) hope they will be able to pull through this difficult time together. Wishing Ashley a speedy recovery.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is the CBC television broadcast of the duo's long program with Kurt Browning and Meagan Duhamel as commentators (no short programs were aired).

2022 Worlds LP (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Update (CBC TV 720p):

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
These vids are less significant, but Kurt and Meagan talk about Ashley & Timothy in both (for the first vid, Ashley & Timothy are only discussed in the SP recap).

2022 Worlds Opening Montage + Pairs Discussion + SP Recap (CBC TV 720p):

2022 Worlds Pairs LP Warm-Up Clips (CBC TV 720p):

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
There's been no official announcement, but there are reports that Ash and Timothy are no longer skating together, and that Timothy has moved to Chicago. I know the probability of their break-up has already been discussed on GS. I find it sad and so surreal how abrupt and final everything happened. So suddenly, their journey together is completely over. I'm happy for them for their friendship and for all they accomplished together. I wish at some point official announcements would be made.

Ash has posted pictures on her Instagram of a training camp she attended with her father in Indiana. Danny O'Shea, Brian Johnson, Chris Knierim, and A.J. Reiss were part of the team at the camp, passing on their expertise to a new generation of U.S. pairs teams:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ash has posted pictures on her Instagram of a training camp she attended with her father in Indiana. Danny O'Shea, Brian Johnson, Chris Knierim, and A.J. Reiss were part of the team at the camp, passing on their expertise to a new generation of U.S. pairs teams:

Ashley was part of the coaching staff, along with Danny, Brian, Chris, A.J. If you look at pictures #3 and #5 on this IG post, it shows Ashley coaching pairs teams. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cellp3Wrzl3/

I'm happy for her that she chooses to continue her journey and show her love for figure skating. By coaching, and also by posting many videos of her skating with such joy. Also, I love that she's wearing her Olympic shirts and other togs! #ProudOlympianUSPairSkater

ETA: here's one of my favorite recents of Ashley skating, but there are many. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd1lwghjH2K/

Last edited:

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And. Just. Like. That. (to quote friend @el henry :) So happy to see Ashley and Timothy smiling together! Not to get excited, though. It's just a picture of them at DFW airport.

I was hoping that Timothy's 'radio silence' only meant that he was taking a long break from everything. And that's what I think. Whether this means they'll announce retirement or skate together another year (fingers crossed!) I'm happy for their lovely skating & friendship.

Last edited:

BlissfulSynergy

Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
^^ Yep @skylark. I saw all of Ash's Instagram photos, so I know that she was part of the coaching team at the pairs camp. :)

I really have a heart for Ashley, and I love her cute border collie too. It'd be lovely to meet her in person some day. How cool to see Ash & Timothy together again. Yay! I've loved this team from the very beginning of their pairing. Wishing Ash & Timothy all the best. They deserve their hearts' desires. Timothy is a plant guru!!! Their home is a greenhouse. It'd be a blast to meet Timothy in person too! 🌻