Bobrova and Soloviev miss Russian Nationals | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Bobrova and Soloviev miss Russian Nationals

Krunchii

Record Breaker
I asked this before, but would the feds give them a spot at Euros / Worlds even if they missed nationals?

The next question is: who will become the new national champs? I/Z look good after the GPF, M/K and S/B both performed very well even though they didn't make it. S/K appear to be struggling.

Wishing Dima a speedy recovery.

Probably I/Z since they got to the GPF, the feds would probably want to give them a push before they're off to Euros and Worlds. I think if they're ready for Euros the fed will give them a medical bye for Euros, if they perform well there they will most likely be sent to worlds. They'll want to keep the 3 spots for ID and B/S gives them a better chance at that.

LauraV

On the Ice
Sorry to hear Dima has still not recovered, and wishing him all the best for a complete recovery.

I've been especially curious to see B/S's Free Dance - Anna Karenina is one of my favorite novels, and I am interested to see their take on the subject. B/S rarely present a dull FD in any case - it may be fascinating (Man with a Harmonica) or it may teeter into camp (last year's Requiem for a Fallen Bird) but it's always an event.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
I asked this before, but would the feds give them a spot at Euros / Worlds even if they missed nationals?

The next question is: who will become the new national champs? I/Z look good after the GPF, M/K and S/B both performed very well even though they didn't make it. S/K appear to be struggling.

Wishing Dima a speedy recovery.

Yes, if they will be ready to compete the RusFed will give them a spot, because of their #1 Russian team status and their ISU rating.

My bet for Nationals podium:
1. I/Z
2. M/K
3. S/K

And we will see B/S (hopefully), I/Z and M/K at Euros.

gmyers

Record Breaker
I hope they don't rush and they just shouldn't compete at all. With the s/k team being a bust and dead they have one less team to worry about. Russia medalists will be gold- I/z silver s/b - bronze m/k.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
I hope they don't rush and they just shouldn't compete at all. With the s/k team being a bust and dead they have one less team to worry about. Russia medalists will be gold- I/z silver s/b - bronze m/k.
I hope you're right. :) Er, not the S/K being a bust and dead part (I couldn't wish that upon them), but the Nationals podium.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Not just a medal, the Federation need them at Worlds to keep 3 spots for next year, because would you really trust that any combination of three from I/Z, M/K, S/B and S/K could place high enough? And they wouldn't want to send them straight to Worlds without going to another event first - remember they had to miss Worlds last year, so they haven't competed since Sochi, and it would be a lot to ask them to come straight back after over a year away from competition.

It's good not to rush back just for Nationals, and considering that he's already been back on the ice since the start of December, they should have plenty of time over the next month to be ready for Euros.

THree spots for the RUssians will be really hard with the French and three American teams and two canadian teams ahead of them possibly. Then there are the Italians who are the defending world champions.

alithia

Final Flight
B/S are in the entires list for Torun on January 7 which is too soon if they are not able to even do Nationals which was supposed to be a walk in the park

Last edited:

LauraV

On the Ice
Okay, official news is that V/T is out as well.

They are out for nationals? But - any word on whether they could possibly be ready for Europeans or Worlds?

The season will be a little duller without V/T in the mix.

BlackPack

Medalist
I wish they would just let them take the year off. I'm afraid of another Shabalin situation unfolding. Forcing themselves to compete before full recovery may lead to an irreversible permanent injury.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
I am disappointed that they have pulled out of Nationals but the most important thing is that they return fully fit. I felt this could have been their year, with the top two from NA retiring/resting and the turmoil in the Russian ranks, there was a definite opening plus the positive feedback from their programs. This is working out quite well with I/Z who if they keep performing at their current level could make themselves the Federations favourites.

Matt K

On the Ice
This is bad. They will make their first appearance of the season at Worlds, and judges will dump them behind P/C going into next season, and may even stay there too.

I am screaming for them to skate Bolero one season.

Macassar88

Medalist
This is bad. They will make their first appearance of the season at Worlds, and judges will dump them behind P/C going into next season, and may even stay there too.

I am screaming for them to skate Bolero one season.

Depends - if they can actually hit their levels, they'll be okay. Their programs are apparently great and were very well received even by TAT who generally hated their programs in the past