Boot and Blade size crisis | Golden Skate

Boot and Blade size crisis

KatyaSkaya

Spectator
Hi i was looking into getting some new risport boots, and ive already gotten my boot size figured out (265) but i need help on figuring out which risport boot style is best for me, ive completed my doubles and im working on getting triple jumps, but i need something that can last awhile because i dont have the money to buy boots every 3 months if they break down (a problem with my other boots) so i need something that is durable and can withstand my weight (120 lbs, 54 kgs), and i need help figuring out a proper blade size aswell for my boots (in MK blades), but cant go see a professional because my nearest skate shop is around 3-4 hours away. Help would be appreciated :)

silverlily1

On the Ice
Mine is 4-5 hours away. Still best to go there. Every time I haven't, I've regretted it.

The two Risport lines fit the foot differently from one another. Which are you in now? If you're not in Risport now, why Risport?

KatyaSkaya

Spectator
My family cant afford to drive 4-5 hours to and from the skate shop (crazy gas prices) i havent tried risports before, but i was reccomended them because my previous boot brand (jacksons) were too wide for my feet and i wanted to try risport before i even step foot into the expensive land of edea😭

Vicki7

On the Ice
If you're changing brands you really need to see a fitter. Is there anyone reputable who could potentially do a virtual fitting? I know a couple of places here in the UK do that if you can't make the trip, but don't know if that's the case where you live.

Trust me, getting this wrong, especially at your skating level, runs a real risk of injury, as well as the financial hit. You may be looking at new boots again sooner than 3 months if you make the wrong choice now. Somehow, some way, please speak to a reputable fitter.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
My family cant afford to drive 4-5 hours to and from the skate shop (crazy gas prices) i havent tried risports before, but i was reccomended them because my previous boot brand (jacksons) were too wide for my feet and i wanted to try risport before i even step foot into the expensive land of edea😭
If you fit Jackson/Risport you aren't going to have the foot shape for Edea anyway. You really need to see a reputable fitter.

silverlily1

On the Ice
The Risport boots you'd be looking at are as expensive as the higher Edeas (which are what you'd have to look at). Not something you want to guess at. You NEED to see a fitter. The travel costs are *nothing* compared to making the wrong boot choice and having to buy another pair (or more).