Boot crisis. Help needed. | Golden Skate

Boot crisis. Help needed.

suristea

Rinkside
Hi all.

I've been skating since I was little (I took a long break and returned to it about a year ago). I am now an older teen skater who weighs about 60kg, I skate about 3 times (6 hrs) per week and have all my single jumps down except axel which I am currently working on getting consistent. I have very narrow but very flat feet which (I think) is what caused my boots (Edea Chorus 255 C) to crease on the sides (along with it being not stiff enough as I jump pretty aggressively).

I need help finding a new boot. I am fairly certain ice flys will be my next boot as they sound like what I need. The only thing is I need to get them fitted virtually.

I am set on Edea as I was previously in Jacksons (which caused a fair bit of pain) and I've tried on Ridells and Risport before and they don't feel right.

I have been skating in a moderately creased pair of boots for about 3 months now and am certain they do not have any life in them anymore. This is not because of me putting off buying new pairs, it's because the place I go to has not stocked in Ice flys and is very slow on ordering new pairs. I've had some people tell me that my foot isn't filling up the volume of the boot which is causing the top to cave in or that my width is too wide. On the edea insole, my heel isn't fully touching the back, though I cannot go a size down as 250 caused me tremendous pain when trying them on.

Is this a matter of width? I cannot get the custom moulded as there are no skate techs in my area I trust within a 100km radius of a pair of skates.

Please help me.

emilinkaa

On the Ice
Country
Germany
Where are you located? That's going to help a lot for people making recommendations.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Hi all.

I've been skating since I was little (I took a long break and returned to it about a year ago). I am now an older teen skater who weighs about 60kg, I skate about 3 times (6 hrs) per week and have all my single jumps down except axel which I am currently working on getting consistent. I have very narrow but very flat feet which (I think) is what caused my boots (Edea Chorus 255 C) to crease on the sides (along with it being not stiff enough as I jump pretty aggressively).

I need help finding a new boot. I am fairly certain ice flys will be my next boot as they sound like what I need. The only thing is I need to get them fitted virtually.

I am set on Edea as I was previously in Jacksons (which caused a fair bit of pain) and I've tried on Ridells and Risport before and they don't feel right.

I have been skating in a moderately creased pair of boots for about 3 months now and am certain they do not have any life in them anymore. This is not because of me putting off buying new pairs, it's because the place I go to has not stocked in Ice flys and is very slow on ordering new pairs. I've had some people tell me that my foot isn't filling up the volume of the boot which is causing the top to cave in or that my width is too wide. On the edea insole, my heel isn't fully touching the back, though I cannot go a size down as 250 caused me tremendous pain when trying them on.

Is this a matter of width? I cannot get the custom moulded as there are no skate techs in my area I trust within a 100km radius of a pair of skates.

Please help me.
It sounds like even Edea isn't right for you, and I'm not one bit shocked that Risport, Jackson and Riedell didn't work for you, they sound like nothing you need for your feet. You could try Graf, but honestly, you are probably going to need a custom boot at this point and you really need to see a fitter who knows what they are doing IN PERSON.

Good luck!