Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser

iorii

On the Ice
Maybe it's Misha Ge.

I'm in with this idea too :laugh:
I love the thing at World 2017 so much where Misha translated for Boyang and Yuzuru + Shoma probably counting how many languages Misha speaks.

Good for Boyang! I think Yuzuru is comfortable with this arrangement, Orser says he always asks his students first before bringing in a new skater. But yeah Orser will probably lose some hair.

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
I really wish we had a video of Brian and all his kids sitcom opening credits edition

Ophelia

Record Breaker
This off season got no chill.

I'm agog at all this movement towards TCC. To think that Med was just the tip of the iceberg.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
I'm in with this idea too :laugh:
I love the thing at World 2017 so much where Misha translated for Boyang and Yuzuru + Shoma probably counting how many languages Misha speaks.

Good for Boyang! I think Yuzuru is comfortable with this arrangement, Orser says he always asks his students first before bringing in a new skater. But yeah Orser will probably lose some hair.

I mean... Have you seen the interview between Boyang and Misha on CNTV? Highly recommend👌

Also does this mean that Boyang and Evgenia are arriving at TCC at the same time? Will there be some kind of orientation? An induction test?😂😂😂

saturdaysun

On the Ice
I'm waiting for details about this arrangement now. All we know is that it's permanent, but that's it.

Same. Like the initial reports said his Chinese coach was going with him. Is that still the case, and how long will he stay? Certainly not permanently as well... Is it just a hand-off to help Boyang get settled in?

Same. Like the initial reports said his Chinese coach was going with him. Is that still the case, and how long will he stay? Certainly not permanently as well... Is it just a hand-off to help Boyang get settled in?

I'm still assuming that Orser won't be his main coach. Let's see.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Yeah, imagine like Autumn Classic last group of skaters with only Brian standing at the rink as a coach :rofl2: Hanyu, Orzel, Cha, Brown, Jin, Gogolev...:palmf:

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Yeah, imagine like Autumn Classic last group of skaters with only Brian standing at the rink as a coach :rofl2: Hanyu, Orzel, Cha, Brown, Jin, Gogolev...:palmf:

Sounds good to me, Brian is saving the planet with all those Co2 cut emissions from other coaches air milege.

We might as well just do the competition Canada as well? Save the trees ISU!!

Warwick360

Medalist
Oh MY GAWD!!!!!

Right now Bryan feels/looks like a black hole, draining everything except for his students' light.......Eteri on the other hand......:dev2::devil:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Oh MY GAWD!!!!!

Right now Bryan feels/looks like a black hole, draining everything except for his students' light.......

He's not a black hole. He's a honeypot. And all the skaters are flying to him as honeybees. Except one Pooh.

Izabela

On the Ice
Whatever arrangement he might have with Orser, this is the best news this season for me. Boyang has the potential to be a complete skater, and TCC is the best place for him to polish/refine parts of his skate and improve some of his weaknesses. It would also work well for him mentally since the Olympics will be held on his home country. Orser not only has his own history of shouldering such pressure, but he also coached skaters who also had to deal with that. So yeah, this is really great news.

risingtrot

On the Ice
How does this work with Boyang's previous and very subtle coach? I am sure he has contributed a lot to Boyang's growth. Will the Chinese Fed ask him to still overlook Boyang's skating while abroad or this is really goodbye?

I am happy for Boyang though but students parting ways with their coach some probably like family to them is always sad.

yude

Record Breaker
Does Chinese federation make official announcement about coaching change in general? It would be good if we had one since Jason's move has already been reported in Japanese media and I think they are waiting for the announcement by Boyang's side.