Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin to Train under Brian Orser

eaglehelang

Final Flight
I'm already having a good laugh imagining Yuzuru constantly asking Boyang to demo his 4Lutz. since Yuzu had problems his 4Lutz is a big fan of Boyang's

frida80

Record Breaker
Holy shirtballs. I'm so excited! Moreover, this confirms that the Chinese fed is taking 2022 seriously enough to rely on international coaching. This bodes well for Chinese ice dance!

I’m still waiting on a ladies medalist to be sure. But when they have a strong enough lady, I think they’ll be in play for the Team gold medal.

Sveta

On the Ice
This is all so existing! The craziest off-season ever :dance:

Wishing Boyang th best of luck, he is so talented and really needs TCC team to help him develop his SS and performance skills! Next quad would be so interesting!

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Good and exciting news in my opinion. Nothing but the best for Boyang going forward and for this relationship - I do believe he needs some kind of push to become a consistent achiever than just a consistent contender, this kind of coaching relationship that will give him stability in progress, strengthening his competitive mentality and push him presentation/performance-wise to more 'individual' style/ground. He has all the goods to play with and Brian knows how to play, that's for sure. Next season may not be the most successful one in terms of results (as adjustment season for both parties), but going forward I can only see benefits.

ETA -and thinking about this 'individuality' in style/presentation developed, I have this thought that for all these years under Brian, both Yuzuru and Javier really developed their individual brands and signatures as skaters/performers in general, regardless of results. Past quad really pushed both of them in my opinion in terms of 'memorizing' them doing particular program, this custom creation than just layout, music or result. I think that Boyang has amazing capability and ability as a performer, but with right polish and approach it only could get better in that department.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! Brian's getting everyone!

This is exciting for Boyang, I wonder what training at the same rink as Yuzu will be like!

This upcoming season is going to be great!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Wowsers... the bromance is unreal!! Evegenia is the honourable bro...

icybear

Medalist
Holy cow! I'm so dead excited. At this rate, Boyang could be the top favourite going into Beijing 2022. Yay! Looking forward to Boyang becoming the full package.

hisori

Rinkside
Great for Boyang, but with all this I can't shake the feeling that it's the end of the road for Yuzuru at TCC.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Great for Boyang, but with all this I can't shake the feeling that it's the end of the road for Yuzuru at TCC.
I don’t see any reason to think that. Hanyu had no issue training with Fernandez all those years, so having Jin there won’t be a fundamentally new situation.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
First Evgeniya, now Boyang? So many of my favorite skaters who aren't already with him are switching to my favorite coach, wow. If this is a dream, I don't want to wake up. :love:

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker

We will all see, but me thinks that both those skaters are in totally different places at the moment with their careers, goals and expectations which makes the situation easier to accommodate within one coach/centre than we probably think. Of course, they will compete in same competitions, for same titles, but both perspectives and approaches will be entirely different, especially during Boyang's first season with Brian.

And both skaters seem to have mutual respect for each other - I think that they both will inspire each other to push forwards their own agendas which could only enrich the sport and rivalry/competitiveness altogether.

lyndichee

Medalist

I think Yuzuru is happy with his arrangement and I don't think another podium contender will affect him at TCC. Yuzuru is motivated to skate for his own goals and given his attitude so far, I feel like he's skating against himself rather than against others.

synteis

Medalist
Also Brian's said in the past that the dynamics of the rink are the most important thing for him when he's thinking about bringing in a new skater. And because they're all skating for different countries, they aren't competing for the same national team spots which helps I think.

beachmouse

On the Ice
Good and exciting news in my opinion. Nothing but the best for Boyang going forward and for this relationship - I do believe he needs some kind of push to become a consistent achiever than just a consistent contender, this kind of coaching relationship that will give him stability in progress, strengthening his competitive mentality and push him presentation/performance-wise to more 'individual' style/ground. He has all the goods to play with and Brian knows how to play, that's for sure. Next season may not be the most successful one in terms of results (as adjustment season for both parties), but going forward I can only see benefits.

ETA -and thinking about this 'individuality' in style/presentation developed, I have this thought that for all these years under Brian, both Yuzuru and Javier really developed their individual brands and signatures as skaters/performers in general, regardless of results. Past quad really pushed both of them in my opinion in terms of 'memorizing' them doing particular program, this custom creation than just layout, music or result. I think that Boyang has amazing capability and ability as a performer, but with right polish and approach it only could get better in that department.

Boyang's become a favorite of mine because it's seemed like he tries to go beyond the same old-same old and give me something new on the ice. It really does seem like a good place to find people that will get that and really help him refine what he wants to do.

cheerio2

On the Ice
Yay! Boyang is like the perfect skater for TCC--he has strong jump technique but needs help with PCS and skating skills.

Eclair

Medalist
I'm beyond thrilled for Boyang!! Wonderful news! I wonder how he'll solve the language barrier problem ^^

sakurano

Final Flight
Yeah but Wakaba is not going to join forces with Brian as far as I understood. She's back to Japan. They say she still has a year of school studies and better finishes it being in Japan not abroad.

She spent a week there which is already good, now I can be reassured she does't need to TCC to be the best;)

OUIIIIIIIIIIII finally Boyang officialization I feel that the next season is going to be great he really needed improvement at the PCS,
he is a skater I like a lot since his Spiderman and his EX with balls XD. Good luck Boyang goes for this medal at the Olympics of 2022.

So his former coach will not be with him?

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I don’t see any reason to think that. Hanyu had no issue training with Fernandez all those years, so having Jin there won’t be a fundamentally new situation.

I agree and Jin seems a very nice and friendly guy, too. The good atmosphere in TCC will continue...

I´m very happy for Jin, that his federation understood to jump in quickly as it became clear that Fernandez will retire from competing at Worlds.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
I'm beyond thrilled for Boyang!! Wonderful news! I wonder how he'll solve the language barrier problem ^^

Apparently the national team's translator would be there with him in Toronto. Hopefully, though, he would learn some English.✌