Boyang Jin | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Boyang Jin

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
The interview exudes Boyang's adorable personality all over the place. :laugh:

Q: What kinds of talents? Was it your jumping talent?
J: No, I didn’t get my jumps from the beginning. Actually I progressed quite slow, but finally started to do well in jumps from three or four years ago. When I was little, I was showing talents in dance movements.
I'm a bit surprised about his jumping talent progress because I assumed his jumps stood out first. I also love to see him believe in himself capable of dancing well.

Q: What is your secret of those difficult jumps?
J: For me, doing jumps is not about difficulty, it is how you feel about it and how you set your mind. First, you need to have the desire to jump; then, you need to have the want of beating that jump when you take off. That’s it.

I love this mentality. :agree:

Q: Which part of your body do you like the most?
J: My canine teeth.
:rofl:

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The interview exudes Boyang's adorable personality all over the place. :laugh:

I'm a bit surprised about his jumping talent progress because I assumed his jumps stood out first. I also love to see him believe in himself capable of dancing well.

I love this mentality. :agree:

:rofl:

Canine teeth....that's different and funny. Are they sharp like a vampire?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Boyang's cowboy exhibition sure is... a work of art :scratch3:

He looks like he's having so much fun :laugh: hopefully he puts more of his personality into his new programs!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Why am I sensing Han Yan's scent from Boyang's new EX? Lori Nicole...:slink:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Loved the new cowboy ex program!

Did anyone here notice, that Jin's stroking across the ice has so improved? - much longer, held, gliding edges, lovely posture and carriage as he strokes across the ice. I think Lori Nicoll has done some good work here. This whole 'cowboy' ex could be done to get Boyangs' legs moving and working. Because of that, I am confident that Lori would come up with 2 great new programs for Boyang, the music may not be our preferred choices as fans but a seasoned and world renowned choreographer like Lori is careful to get the athlete to also improve on parts of their skating skills in the programs that they chose. I am positive!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Loved the new cowboy ex program!

Did anyone here notice, that Jin's stroking across the ice has so improved? - much longer, held, gliding edges, lovely posture and carriage as he strokes across the ice. I think Lori Nicoll has done some good work here. This whole 'cowboy' ex could be done to get Boyangs' legs moving and working. Because of that, I am confident that Lori would come up with 2 great new programs for Boyang, the music may not be our preferred choices as fans but a seasoned and world renowned choreographer like Lori is careful to get the athlete to also improve on parts of their skating skills in the programs that they chose. I am positive!!

I was just thinking about his stroking from the ex! I wasn't too sure since it's only a gala program and I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but something about his skating/movement looked more watchable. I too am rather skeptical of the music choice and choreography(lori has done amazing with the pairs recently, not so much with singles...), but I am optimistic that we'll see visible improvements in his skating.
What impresses me most about boyang is his stamina- he barely looks exhausted after doing a four-quad fs(including a 4lz, no less), which makes me believe he is capable of doing a difficult layout with actual choreography, and not just be a jumping machine.