Brian Joubert | Page 17 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

LRK

Record Breaker
Remember how in the very first episode he got emotional talking about how he felt that his dad didn't approve of his choice of sport, even to the point that he'd never attended a competition (iirc)? Makes that message all the more special. So happy for him! :)

I know! I was thinking of that same thing - that alone would have made this whole experience worthwile, I'd imagine.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I know! I was thinking of that same thing - that alone would have made this whole experience worthwile, I'd imagine.
Yeah, and I am so glad that finally his father told him after all these years.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
Remember how in the very first episode he got emotional talking about how he felt that his dad didn't approve of his choice of sport, even to the point that he'd never attended a competition (iirc)? Makes that message all the more special. So happy for him! :)

Oh my HEART! Oh the way Brian just started sobbing. I mean, it's a nice gesture that his father was in the video and I hope it's the start of a better relationship or something but wow, what sort of distant father do you have to be to make your son literally break down on national television just by giving the barest shred of support for once. Shaking my head.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Katarina Gerboldt: "It is not possible to sit down and talk with Joubert"

Russian figure skater Katarina Gerboldt admitted that she has not yet spoken with the Frenchman Brian Joubert of speech in the competition.

"Now we are preparing specifically for the premiere show of Evgeni Plushenko tale" Snow King ". We have only two days to prepare for the first performance. And tomorrow will be held previews. We need to do everything to prepare. When rolled the first show, all will be easier - and then Let us their personal affairs.

- Are you not interested in knowing the truth or fiction Joubert words about not returning to competitive activity?

- Not that I'm not interested ... just very little time. Opportunities to sit down and talk - really not. While we train, prepare for the tour of our New Year's show. Next - we'll see. As we all will turn out if we can really ride together, "- said Gerboldt

LRK

Record Breaker
I don't know, I think a good undisturbed heart to heart is much better - as ever I'm impressed by the calm wisdom in this girl! It's very easy to talk at cross purposes, and there are reasons why misunderstandings are so common in any human relationships. Because people don't take the time, and people don't actually listen or think.

Mia29

On the Ice
Oh my HEART! Oh the way Brian just started sobbing. I mean, it's a nice gesture that his father was in the video and I hope it's the start of a better relationship or something but wow, what sort of distant father do you have to be to make your son literally break down on national television just by giving the barest shred of support for once. Shaking my head.

I don’t know what to think about it. I think like you but I don’t forget that DALS is a tv show and it’s often the stars who decided to talk about their private life and their families suffer of the consequences... There’s an exemple this year. An actress talked about a child she has lost when she was pregnant of 4/5 months. She said she never talked of him with his husband ! After, in a magazine, she said she has never say to his son when she was pregnant ! Wait…How can she talk of that with an unknown man and a camera and not to his family in private? :unsure:

The videos of the "snow king" show :
Solo :
https://vimeo.com/113671053
https://vimeo.com/113667346
In pair :
https://vimeo.com/113669971

Last edited:

glam

On the Ice
Yeah, and I am so glad that finally his father told him after all these years.

To be honest, it looked very robotic like he was just reading a prewritten text without actually meaning it.

I watched the Snow King videos and enjoyed the Shaman number most. :biggrin:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It didn't strike me as robotic, more like his dad just isn't the most expressive guy and wasn't comfortable with being in the public eye like this. It probably wasn't easy for him to have Brian discuss their relationship on TV, so it's nice that he could do this for his son. Clearly Brian - who knows his dad well enough to judge whether it was authentic or not - was very moved.

Brian's niece seemed to enjoy the opportunity to say hi on TV :)

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I watched the Snow King videos and enjoyed the Shaman number most. :biggrin:

I agree. It's so different from anything he's ever done, and very cool! I thought he did ok with Katarina given how little time they've had to rehearse together, but it dragged on a bit too long for my liking. I'm sure it will become less awkward as time goes on, though.

LRK

Record Breaker
Are these the videos you guys have been watching?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7hKUlYoyWU&list=UUPKyUlfAbXYiDBn_0WoHGTA

ETA - No, I see I missed Mia's links! Though this is what looks like the finale where Brian appears as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_XJQjlDcqU&list=UUPKyUlfAbXYiDBn_0WoHGTA&index=5

@Buttercup - I agree with what you said; some people just have a very hard time talking about emotions. It clearly meant a lot to Brian, and, at the end of the day, that is what really matters.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
I agree. It's so different from anything he's ever done, and very cool! I thought he did ok with Katarina given how little time they've had to rehearse together, but it dragged on a bit too long for my liking. I'm sure it will become less awkward as time goes on, though.

Not for mine.:) Though with my bad eyesight, I couldn't see all that well what was going on, so I probably missed any awkwardness - who says bad eyesight is good for nothing? ;) Apropos, though - the fellow in the orange coat - was that Tomas? If not, what costume did he have? and are there any clips of him?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I was looking at the Christmas on Ice website...I had forgot Brian was in it, to be honest, but he is. They have shows from 12/21 - 12/24. From Russia to Switzerland to Japan. Is he ever going to take a break? :shocked:

glam

On the Ice
I was looking at the Christmas on Ice website...I had forgot Brian was in it, to be honest, but he is. They have shows from 12/21 - 12/24. From Russia to Switzerland to Japan. Is he ever going to take a break? :shocked:

Xmas on Ice has an amazing cast!
Yes, Brian has an exhausting schedule. Doesn't the DALS tour start on January and I'm not sure if he will go on a tour with Snow King, too. And then the French tour starts at spring and maybe after that he will do the French Survivors. But perhaps this busy schedule is good, because after such a long competitive career there must be sometimes difficult moments when he misses back to competitions.