Brian Joubert | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Brian Joubert

Mia29

On the Ice
He has a show in Belfort (France) the 27th before the shows of St Petersburg.
The DALS tour, it’s special because the stars will not dance at every show. So we don’t know when he will be present.

Koh Lanta, it’s more a dream than a reality. The next season is ready, they have recorded it with unknown people and it will be broadcast in February according to a journalist. Two seasons in 6 months, I suppose they will wait November before to record the following season. The French TV is different of the USA for exemple. We love a season per year and not two. It's like that for DALS, Koh Lanta or Pekin Express (amazing race). And since Kho Lanta is back (they have stopped after the death of a contestant), the ratings are not like the channel has hoped,..

Last edited:

GermaricanMix

On the Ice

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
LMDJ posted a video from a fan meeting in Moscow last week.

https://vimeo.com/114389542

It sounds like Brian is definitely not going to pursue pair skating after The Snow King (unless I misheard him; there's some loud annoying music in the background). He says that it would take at least 1 year to become good enough for his satisfaction, so he prefers skating solo in shows.

Mia29

On the Ice
I think he's right to say it now. Even if he would had been agree, there would had a big problem with the french federation. It seems that the federation doesn't let any skaters to leave the country at this moment...

He will have a new gala in France, the 12/26. I wonder when he will train for the DALS tour? :confused: The first date is in December. He said he will not participate but after, the next shows are the 01/08, 09 and 10. I suppose he will not participate to them and will make his first show the 01/16 ? the others artists have begun to train the last week.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
I know a lot of people wanted him to go in to pair skating but I'm glad he's dropping that plan. His poor body needs a rest.

Mia29

On the Ice
I understand that the federation want to keep the skaters. We haven't a reserve such as Russia, Canada and the USA. But the others nations will not help France if it continues. We can't continue to receive and not to give.

News about Brian : He's in Paris. He was today at the "grand palais" to inaugurate the skating ring.
He will skate on "Matrix" during the Ice Legends thursday

Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
But given how French fed treat their skaters until now, I am not surprised that some of their skaters just want to change fed.

GermaricanMix

On the Ice
:cool: He looks really beautiful!!
I'm happy that he is skating to Matrix, I hope that one day he will also perform some other old competition programs.

I would love to see 'Don't Give Up' again, I thought that was a really emotional skate from him. And ya, he looks amazing, retiring from competition seems to really have lifted some weight off him.

Camille

Spectator
The show was wonderful ! And Brian was very smiling, he seemed happy to be there.
And Matrix: wahoo!