Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Brian Orser: I wouldn't have become a coach if I had won the Olympics

Wo|flax

Final Flight
:rofl: I love this thread! Unlike typical threads about interviews which usually get just 10 replies, this thread has deviated so much from Brian's interview and turned into an international conspiracy of a barely known talented skater of Russian descent in Canada. Even Urmanov is involved now
Not only that, but also thinking up various ways to cause the interviewee pain.
Case in point:
No, no, I've got a better one. He switches coaches to Brian... Boitano.
Poor Orser

His parents know, of course. His parents moved to Canada jut to give him better environment and education background. When he peaks they will move him back to Russia. Brian will cry the whole year because he lost the gold for Canada again.
Poor Brian, I hope Pooh tissue box will be there to help him get it over. :cry:
:rofl:

I really hope Brian isn't reading this thread. Instead of talking about anything he said, we've spent five pages discussing an unknown skater. And concluding that the kid will break Brian's heart, leaving only Pooh tissue boxes as comfort.

:laugh2: and laughing about it. First Yuzuru forcing Pooh upon Brian, and now us saying that it's all he'll have left.:cry: We're pure evil I tell you.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A blond mullet snatching another blond mullet - brilliant. Maybe that's the key to breaking the curse? In any case... it doesn't look like Plush is that deeply interested in coaching like Maestro Mishin.
He is. He will be by 2026, anyway. Though if the European guys keep splatting, perhaps he'll decide to show up there once a year for free medals. :biggrin:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
In the version where Stephen switches to USA, NBC will hire/bring back Scott Hamilton and Brian Boitano as commentators. They will crackle with barely-contained glee as the US wins its eighth (!) men's gold.

BlackPack

Medalist
In the version where Stephen switches to USA, NBC will hire/bring back Scott Hamilton and Brian Boitano as commentators. They will crackle with barely-contained glee as the US wins its eighth (!) men's gold.

What about Sandy Bezic?

Meoima

Match Penalty
And they will show footage of Brian holding Winnie the Pooh in the backstage crying, and maybe Yuzuru and Javi (by that time already retire) console him. Poor Brian. :hopelessness:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
What about Sandy Bezic?
As far I remember, she didn't deal OGM from Orser.

And they will show footage of Brian holding Winnie the Pooh in the backstage crying, and maybe Yuzuru and Javi (by that time already retire) console him. Poor Brian. :hopelessness:
Nah, Yuzuru will be on Stephen's coaching team. The ultimate stab-in-the-back for Brian: His star pupil, whom he coached to Olympic gold at the expense of Canadian Patrick Chan, is now coaching a traitor to OGM for USA/Russia.

Meoima

Match Penalty
Nah, Yuzuru will be on Stephen's coaching team. The ultimate stab-in-the-back for Brian: His star pupil, whom he coached to Olympic gold at the expense of Canadian Patrick Chan, is now coaching a traitor to OGM for USA/Russia.
OMG this will kill Orser!!! :laugh2: he might have a heart attack oh poor Orser!

Wo|flax

Final Flight

Oh my youre getting eviller and eviller

Rissa

Record Breaker
Ok everybody, what's the dirt? Just what did Brian DO to deserve this fate??? :shocked:

Bonesfan

On the Ice
Ok everybody, what's the dirt? Just what did Brian DO to deserve this fate??? :shocked:

I think this is all meant in good fun, no dirt. BOrser suffered the Canadian curse (Olympic Silver) TWICE, losing to Scott Hamilton and Brian Boitano. Then he coached Hanyu to Olympic gold, depriving Canadian Chan. BOrser was talking about an impressive young skater he is coaching. He made a point of saying Stephen is Canadian, yet apparently his parents are Russian.