Carolina Kostner's LP from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics has disappeared from Youtube.. | Golden Skate

Carolina Kostner's LP from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics has disappeared from Youtube..

bump

Match Penalty
Carolina Kostner's LP from the 2010 Vancouver Olympics has disappeared from Youtube..

Ok, so she skated horribly during her LP at the Vancouver Olympics, but I don't approve of the fact that all remnant of it has disappeared from Youtube. Everyone has a poor performance, and it doesn't seem right that someone has gone and scrubbed record of her performance just because they are embarrassed of her performance. It's either a fanboy/fangirl or someone from Carolina's management team. Anyway, I think it's important that skaters stand by their performances, good or bad. Have a spine.

MalloryArcher

On the Ice
Ok, so she skated horribly during her LP at the Vancouver Olympics, but I don't approve of the fact that all remnant of it has disappeared from Youtube. Everyone has a poor performance, and it doesn't seem right that someone has gone and scrubbed record of her performance just because they are embarrassed of her performance. It's either a fanboy/fangirl or someone from Carolina's management team. Anyway, I think it's important that skaters stand by their performances, good or bad. Have a spine.

um, nice conspiracy theory (maybe Carolina is involved in the Kennedy assassination, too) it's almost certainly a copyright issue. The Olympics is trademark protected and you can't just upload vids from the Olympics without the IOC's permission. You can (or at least, I can - may depend on what country you're in) still watch Carolina's LP on the official youtube page of the Vancouver Games (as part of the whole event) and some of the national broadcasters who uploaded it.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

lol....

Have you been taking the wrong medications?

aftertherain

Record Breaker

If you're going to talk about that, might as well mention Yuna's LP from 2010 Worlds. That's not on YouTube either.

Gee

Rinkside

brightphoton

Medalist
^ I think she means a high quality video of Kim's program

Might as well repost this, Caroline Zhang's 2007 Nationals exhibition is also gone

jennyanydots

On the Ice
YouTube videos come and go. Olympic programs tend to be taken down a lot due to copyright issues. I just watched that program about a month ago. It'll probably reappear eventually.

samson

Medalist
(maybe Carolina is involved in the Kennedy assassination, too)
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... interesting you should mention this just days after the 50th anniversary... WHAT DO YOU KNOW?!?!?!?!?

I also think there is a strong chance Carolina, Mao and Yu Na are part of the Illuminati. That can be the only explanation for their PCS. Chan too.

CarneAsada

Medalist
Relax. If you really like to watch meltdowns from Kostner, there are plenty of versions of her 2009 Worlds FS available. What an incompetent fan/PR team; they couldn't even remember to scrub that blemish from the record.

ranjake

Final Flight
I've noticed it's really hard to find the Olympic Programs of many skaters; not just Carolina. It is a shame but it seems pretty common, unfortunately.

eta: I just watched Carolina's again, thank you, Gee. I hadn't remembered that it was quite that bad :( Wow.

samson

Medalist
If I'm actually going to dip my hand into this conversation I would say that if any pr team or fan were actually trying to "erase" the bad moments of Carolina's career they are only doing her and themselves a disservice.

Only when you understand the struggles of a human, do their achievements in the wake hardship have poetic justice.

Michelle Kwan's performance to Fields of Gold in Salt Lake doesn't resonate the same way if you don't know of her defeat in Nagano and the tragedy in the free skate at Salt Lake (some might say calling it a tragedy is over the top, but to me it certainly has the elements of a great Greek Tragedy, which is why that moment, as sad as it is, is so memorable to many). And it makes her 2002-03 season all the sweeter.

I also think that seeing Carolina struggle so much in 2009 and 2010 makes the pleasure of her skating in '11, '12 and '13 all the more.

Then again, as a fan I don't know if I would have the heart to post those videos myself. I might be able to watch Michelle in 1997 nationals but I definitely can't watch her LP in Salt Lake, but I don't want to erase it from memory. Knowing of those defeats, those struggles, inspires me. When I fall on my face in my own life, I look to people like Michelle, Carolina, Alissa for inspiration. To say, "They got up and moved forward and came back stronger than anyone thought they would and so will I."

Now on to more important matters I'm very interested in this conspiracy theory idea that MalloryArcher has raised. Has anyone else considered Carolina's involvement in Area 51? Or the fabrication of the Moon Landing? If in fact she was responsible for taking down these videos I also think that we must consider that Carolina shot J.R. I know such things are going to upset some fans, but I wouldn't say it if I didn't legitimately think it was cause for consideration.

I'm also pretty positive Ye Bin Mok is responsible for the Dot Com Bubble in 2000 but I'd rather not talk about that here. For more information on that please PM me.

Moment

Final Flight
Yuna's Olympics LP(1,700,000 hitting) too has disappeared from youtube.

Interesting that only Yuna's video is deleted among 10 vids of the list below (which was made into a thread at FSU lately).
http://www.ranker.com/list/top-10-figure-skating-performances-of-all-time/dustinnewcombe?page=2

Numerous Queen videos have been removed. Her 2009 free skate Scheherazade, 2009 exhibition "Gold" with 2M+ views, two 2010 Olympics free skate videos with 1M+ views each are the ones that immediately come to mind. When the videos are set private by YouTube for copyright violation, a lot of uploaders object to YouTube and try to resurrect the videos. Those attempts are sometimes successful, other times unfortunately aren't...

zamboni step

Final Flight
I'm still waiting for ordinary person to come on and announce they took it down as it was little more than an adult film on ice. :rolleye:

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Nearly all the free skates have been taken down. You can only find Yunas

CarneAsada

Medalist
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Nearly all the free skates have been taken down. You can only find Yunas
There are plenty still available, not just Yuna's, but Yuna probably has the most versions up. Though you'd never expect that given the comments of the Queen worshipers here insisting that her videos are the only ones being taken down. This outrage could be so much more constructively channeled, as Joannie Rochette's FS from Vancouver is nowhere to be found except for a fancam version.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
There are several ways that videos get removed from youtube:

1. The performer of the music protests (Prince & Yoko Ono are key here-this is why Jason Brown's SPs are taken down)
2. The owner of the rights to the music protests
3. The TV station with rights to the broadcast protests-icenetwork is big on this, but French Eurosport has gotten busy
4. The owner of the Event protests - Skate America vids disappear a lot. So do the Olympics. English soccer disappears all the time.
5. If the owner of the youtube channel has 2 or 3 videos removed, their entire account is cancelled, removing countless other videos that no one complained about.

Although it is theoretically possible, since anyone can create a youtube account and issue a complaint about any video, I have never heard of a skater doing this, or even an uberfan of a skater doing this.

coppertop1

On the Ice
It's definitely copyright. If you want to find vids of her, go to the forum fsvids. I hardly think Carolina would have it removed, she's not the kind of person who would say "That's so embarrassing remove it". I guess Sandhu erased his Olympic meltdown in 2006, too. Why hasn't Laetitia Hubert erased her two Olympic disasters in 92 and 98, same with Nicole Bobek.

Samson does make a good point that erasing a skater's bad performances is a disserve, it helps to see the whole picture. Watch Michelle's struggles in 1996-97, and 1997-98 seems so sweet and the Olympic silver medal is bittersweet. Same with Lu Chen's comeback in 1998.

The comment that it would be Carolina who removed it sounds a bit too much like what a notorious Kwan hater who goes by countless YouTube names would say about Kwan.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

1. The performer of the music protests (Prince & Yoko Ono are key here-this is why Jason Brown's SPs are taken down)
3. The TV station with rights to the broadcast protests-icenetwork is big on this, but French Eurosport has gotten busy
4. The owner of the Event protests - Skate America vids disappear a lot. So do the Olympics. English soccer disappears all the time.
5. If the owner of the youtube channel has 2 or 3 videos removed, their entire account is cancelled, removing countless other videos that no one complained about.

Although it is theoretically possible, since anyone can create a youtube account and issue a complaint about any video, I have never heard of a skater doing this, or even an uberfan of a skater doing this.

I will never understand why NBC/USOC made it so hard to find videos of the 2010 Olympics. The games were over. It wasn't like people were getting something that would diminish viewership. Did they somehow plan to make money off of the videos? It seems to me that whatever they might have made by, for instance, selling DVDs of the competition or highlights, would be less than what they would gain by building fan interest by putting the videos on YouTube. TV shows like American Idol and X Factor actively post videos of past performances on YouTube to build buzz. I doubt if figure skating will ever be buzz-worthy, but anything that potentially increases fan base seems like a good thing to me.

coppertop1

On the Ice

Maybe Tonya Harding?