Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Championnats de France ELITE 2008 (French Nationals)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Men's SP, again not from an official source:

Preaubert 76.47
Amodio 2nd, Deslot 3rd, Ponsero 4th, all with low 70s.

Medusa

Record Breaker
From Passion-patinage:

Préaubert was once again clean with 3F-3T, 3A, 3Lz and happy with his performance - 76.47.

Amodio was alright especially since he had a bad fall / accident during one of the practices and wasn't sure if he could participate. He did 3S-3T, 3A (était retourné - three-turn after the landing?), and 3Lz - 72.6.

Deslot landed 3F-3T, 3A (scratchy landing) and 3Lz. He was quite happy with his performance, especially with landing the 3A. He had the highest TES of all the competitors - 71.82.

Ponsero did 4T-3T, but the 3T was apparently downgraded - then he doubled the Axel. The Lutz was fine - 71.20.

Are Canac and Coia any good?

I am not much interest in Worlds this year, but I am getting my book together for the Team Challenge thing in April. :clap: Pairs is the discipline that is going to kill France, Italy and also Japan (although Japan can make it up in ladies and men.)

Buttercup

Record Breaker

I am not much interest in Worlds this year, but I am getting my book together for the Team Challenge thing in April. :clap: Pairs is the discipline that is going to kill France, Italy and also Japan (although Japan can make it up in ladies and men.)
By the same token, France can make it up in men's and dance :). Canac-Coia are ok, I guess - they're not great but they're not awful. Probably better than any Japanese or Italian pairs that I'm aware of.

nolwenn

Rinkside
Hello,

Here are friday's complete results
MEN
SP :
1. Alban Préaubert (Charleville-Mézières) 76,47 pts
2. Florent Amodio (Cergy) 72,60
3. Yoann Deslot (Champigny) 71,82
4. Yannick Ponsero (Annecy) 71,20
5. Romain Ponsart (Charleville-Mésières) 57,75
6. Morgan Cipres (Dammarie) 56,55
7. Mark Vaillant (Français volants) 56,45
8. Gaylord Lavoisier (Champigny) 49,96
9. Jeremy Prévoteaux (Charleville-Mézières) 48,78
10. Paul-Emmanuel Richardeau (Villenave d'Ornon) 47,54
11. Chafik Besseghier (Grenoble) 45,01
12. Florian Lejeune (Cergy) 44,88
13. Thomas Sosniak (Compiègne) 43,59
14. Tanguy Lepage (Courbevoie) 43,22
15. Charles Tétar (Champigny) 42,19
16. Aurélien Robert (Toulouse) 41,27
17. Alexandre Camacho (Nice) 36,90
18. Jordan Bergougnoux (Toulouse) 36,44

LADIES
SP :
1. Candice Didier (Français volants) 51,66 pts
2. Sandra Sitbon (Nice) 49,58
3. Maé Bérénice Meité (Vitry) 49,48
4. Gwendoline Didier (Courbevoie) 43,76
5. Léna Marrocco (Annecy) 43,56
6. Yrétha Silete (Dammarie) 38,88
7. Coralie Grognet (Rennes) 37,22
8. Julie Cagnon (Champigny) 35,60
9. Victoria Sayadi (Wasquehal) 33,20
10. Vincianne Fortin (Villenave d'Ornon) 31,88
11. Emilie Simon (Villenave d'Ornon) 31,04
12. Camille Mendozza (Toulouse) 30,56

DANCE
OD :
1. Nathalie Péchalat - Fabian Bourzat (Castres) 61,63 pts
2. Pernelle Carron - Mathieu Jost (Lyon) 57,47
3. Zoé Blanc - Pierre-Loup Bouquet (Villard) 48,87
4. Terra Findlay - Benoît Richaud (Lyon) 47,08
5. Charlène Guignard - Guillaume Paulmier (Brest) 40,09

COUPLES
SP :
1. Adeline Canac - Maximin Coia (Français volants) 48,36
2. Mélodie Châtaignier - Medhi Bouzzine (Français volants) 42,20
3. Vanessa James - Yannick Bonheur (Français volants) 40,90
4. Camille Foucher - Brunot Massot (Caen) 38,76

Snowgirl

On the Ice

It's not Pairs, it's gonna be in Ladies for France.

rosee

On the Ice
Canac & Coia are a nice team that tries big elements compared to the Japanese or Italian teams (SBS 2A, SBS 3Lo, SBS 3S, Throw 3Lo, Throw 3S) .
They have great flexibility (yes, even him, he used to do gym IIRC and started skating at 15!!! - he actually landed his first triples the year he started skating-), nice positions in lifts.

Their main problem is inconsistency, on her side mostly. She's still young, only 18 and seems to be afraid as she goes in the elements.
Also their twist is weak, it's only a double and they have admited that It's their less favourite element because it's at 100% a pair element and as I said he started skating at 15 and started pairs in 2003 and she was a former single skater and even won the Masters as a junior, she started pairs in 2006.

I wanted to add that this year they moved to Canada to train with Annie Barabe (Dube & Davison's Coach).

Last edited:

rosee

On the Ice
COUPLES
SP :
1. Adeline Canac - Maximin Coia (Français volants) 48,36
2. Mélodie Châtaignier - Medhi Bouzzine (Français volants) 42,20
3. Vanessa James - Yannick Bonheur (Français volants) 40,90
4. Camille Foucher - Brunot Massot (Caen) 38,76

Vanessa James & Yannick Bonheur have officially withdrawn. He's injuried.
Could that be the end of their season?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
It's not Pairs, it's gonna be in Ladies for France.
I agree. Candice Didier is looking better this season, but she's not anywhere near the top of the ladies field. The others probably wouldn't make it past the SP at Worlds - possibly even at Europeans.

rosee

On the Ice
Thanks to Skatak at Passion Patinage http://forum.passion-patinage.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=392

Results of the free:

Candice Didier 94.47
Mae Berenice Meite 87.72
Sandra Sitbon 77.78
Gwendoline Didier 76.35
Yrétha Silete 70.80
Lena Marrocco 68.91
Emilie Simon 68.44
Vincianne Fortin 67.17
Camille Mendozza 66.8
Coralie Grognet 63.96
Victoria Sayadi 63.87
Julie Cagnon 56.98

Note to Florent Amodio's fans: He had a bad crash during practice yesterday and it's uncertain wheter he'll be able to compete but he said he will do his best.

Last edited:

nolwenn

Rinkside
Dance final results (FD)

1. Nathalie Péchalat - Fabian Bourzat (Castres) 154,96 (93,33) pts
2. Pernelle Carron - Mathieu Jost (Lyon) 145,73 (88,26)
3. Terra Findlay - Benoît Richaud (Lyon) 123,60 (76,52)
4. Zoé Blanc - Pierre-Loup Bouquet (Villard) 120,31 (71,44)
5. Charlène Guignard - Guillaume Paulmier (Brest) 105,96 (65,87)

rosee

On the Ice
Pairs free:
1 Adeline Canac-Maximin Coïa 84.18
2 Melodie Chataignier-Mehdi Bouzzine 69.07
3 Camille Fouché-Bruno Massot 65.28

Dance free:
1 Nathalie Péchalat & Fabian Bourzat 93.33
2 Pernelle Caron & Matthieu Jost 88.26
3 Terra Findlay & Benoît Richaud 76.52
4 Zoe Blanc & Pierre-Loup Bouquet 71.44
5 Charlène Guignard -Guillaume Paumier 65.87

Overall:
1 Péchalat & Fabian Bourzat 154.96
2 Pernelle Caron & Matthieu Jost 145.73
3 Terra Findlay & Benoît Richaud 123.60
4 Zoe Blanc -Pierre-Loup Bouquet 120.31
5 Charlène Guignard -Guillaume Paumier 107.96

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Men's results, from a fan forum (but they were accurate yesterday, so I'd trust it):

Yannick Ponsero is the new National Champion - congratulations to Yannick :clap:!

1. Yannick Ponsero: 221.19 overall, 149.99 LP. Landed a quad in both programs.
2. Florent Amodio: 215.32 overall, 142.72 LP. Nice job by Florent - I believe this is his first senior medal at Nats, and he had a nasty fall in practice that couldn't have helped him at all.
3. Alban Préaubert: 200.41 overall, 123.94 LP. He fell, not sure how many times considering that score. Ouch.

So, who goes where now? You have to figure Brian and Yannick for the world team, if healthy - but who do they send to Europeans?

Medusa

Record Breaker
Well, they only got 2 spots for Worlds so I guess Joubert and Ponsero? But you'll never know. They should send those two in my opinion, Préaubert didn't even manage to qualify for the GPF despite 4 impeccable performances on the circuit, he just doesn't get enough GOE and PCS.

Poor Amodio, I doubt they will send him to Euros (which would be the fair reward in my opinion, 142 points sound strong, must have been nearly as good as last week at the JGPF). He would deserve it, but I don't think they will leave Préaubert at home. But Amodio's score is just 7 points shy of Ponsero's...

Mon seul regret c'est de ne pas avoir pu me mesurer à Brian (blessé au dos), mais ça se fera à l'Euro où j'espère monter sur le podium
At least the guy has his priorities straight - he only regrets that he didn't face Brian, that he looks forward to that at Europeans and that he expects a podium place at Europeans. Well, I kind of expect that too.

Ponsero landed an apparently sublime Quad (right now his and Verner's are just to die for...), and 6 Triples including two 3A. The only mistake was doubling the Salchow on his 3-3-sequence.

Amodio fell on the second 3A but was fine apart from that.

Last edited:

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Yannick Ponsero is the new National Champion - congratulations to Yannick :clap:!

Thank you so much for the update, Buttercup! :)

GO YANNICK!!!!! :party2: :rock: I "knew" the national title would go to him. Not only am I so so so happy that my favourite French skater has risen to the occasion after a 4th place finish in the SP, but he makes my sixth sense look gooooooood! ;) :biggrin:

As stubborn as Brian is, this is the best decision he could have made, but of course he had to wait to the last minute, and keep us American fans watching three forums until about 4am US time, waiting for some kind of sign....:chorus:

Perhaps that's Joubert's way of "teasing" his devoted fans living overseas? :p

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm quite surprised that Findlay / Benoit, the new this year junior team beat Blanc Bouquet over all. However, since F/B are headed to Jr. Worlds, would the French fed send them to senior worlds as well instead of Blanc/Bouquet?

cloudkicker09

Final Flight
Ha Ha Siberia, I bet your right

Has the French Federation come out and said when they willl award Brian his bye to Euros and Worlds, I cannot see them not selecting him and sending someone else in his place, he is the THE mens skater in France right now.

herios

Medalist
I'm quite surprised that Findlay / Benoit, the new this year junior team beat Blanc Bouquet over all. However, since F/B are headed to Jr. Worlds, would the French fed send them to senior worlds as well instead of Blanc/Bouquet?

Blanc / Bouquet???? To senior worlds?? Are you kidding me?Do you think french federation will replace Carron and Jost with any other team below? For senior worlds you got an established trio, there is no question who they are